The year long Phony War is over - unless you’re a pandemic denier

rooster59

12 minutes ago, VBF said:

You just wrote what I have been thinking, and i agree that @robblok's post was excellent.....HOWEVER.....there is a part of me that just cannot accept censorship of ideas no matter how much I disagree with them.  I WAS  something of a conspiracy theorist, but this last year has led me to do a lot more research into many things other than but including Covid and i would now say that I tend to look at most conspiracy theories as just that - theories - some with more or less merit than others - usually less!

But I still believe and cannot be shaken from the belief that to deny  people the right to express opinion, however mad i might think that opinion is, is just WRONG....as wrong as the Nazis burning books for example or N Korea denying access to the Internet.

There's a saying:     "I Disapprove of What You Say, But I Will Defend to the Death Your Right to Say It" which has been attributed to Voltaire and, is often said to be the "first principle of free speech". I agree with it 100% 

I get your point, i hate banning things too. However take the holocaust deniers. Or like i said to someone else if i call you a pedophile (its my opinion as an example) and i post stuff about it ect ect. What i mean is more that the freedom of speech has its limits. Problem is defining those limits.  I just don't believe that the freedom of speech has no limits. The moment it damages people then its a problem. 

Now that freedom of speech is damaging vaccination efforts and obeying the rules. But again not allowing is dangerous too because next time they MIGHT be right. There should always be a way expose stuff. But that has its downsides too.

But what i post i posted with in the back of my head that a true ban or censorship would never work. There are always ways around this. I don't really think it could be done.

7 minutes ago, rumak said:

i would admit that I agree with you......... but if you mean what you say then you (and maybe me )  are in such a minority that our "truths"  are seen as "dangerous and despicable".

Having said that,  if i did openly agree with you I would be so paranoid that you probably are just calling me to come out from behind the tree and follow you.  Whooooooosh,

goes the bullet as it penetrates my heart.    

I'm more of a 'don't really care' but wish the international borders were open, and cheap air transport was still available.

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, johnnybangkok said:

Not entirley sure about your reading comprehension because I did address the part of 'why Dr's were banned from treating their patients with what they as medical experts have a right to' with my statement 'There is a very good reason why people are not encouraged to 'listen to anyone outside of the WHO, the CDC and the FDA who have not suggested any other medicines' because that way leads to quakery, misinformation and the exploitation of the gullible.' 

And maybe Kary Mullis wasn't a complete quake but he had an acknowledged history of drinking and drug use and was 'none too fond of many scientists. “Scientists are doing an awful lot of damage to the world in the name of helping it,” he told The Times in 1998. “I don’t mind attacking my own fraternity because I am ashamed of it.”   https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/15/science/kary-b-mullis-dead.html so perhaps not the most objective and up to date commentators on this,  particularly since he died some 6 months before the pandemic.

But since facts and peer reviewed evidence 'means squat' to you, I can't imagine anytrhing I say here changing your opinion so best of luck in that echo chamber of yours and I hope it all works out for you

Diddo

Edited by 4MyEgo

27 minutes ago, mikebike said:

Does the fault lie with the liar or with the rube? Is there no personal responsibility in your world. Is it not incumbent on you to determine if putting a bag over your head is a good idea or not? 

Does Jim Jones mean anything to you ? Are the people who killed themselves  on his command guilty or was he ?

Antivaxers are doing the similar things Jim Jones is doing  (im taking it to extremes). But you get what i mean.

There is own responsibility but you should also protect the intellectually challenged.  If @Peter Denis kills himself by not getting vaccinated. I would say he is fully to blame himself. That is actually a compliment as i think he is smart. But if some 90 points IQ person kills himself because of listening to others i feel those influencing him are more responsible.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, mogandave said:

Conversations on the internet do, yes?

Again, I don’t know anyone, nor have I read anyone that thinks the virus is a hoax. 

That said, it does seem that if one is not terrified of the virus or disagrees with some government policy they are accused of calling the virus a hoax.

That the virus is a hoax is very common  constantly  in FB. The mantra is : There is no virus threat its all about control! You are fortunate if you  haven't met or heard from such people. In the UK there has just been a massive  demonstration  against vaccine passports. That is policy  that is being opposed. Nobody is calling them covid deniers.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Research on the drugs that the Thai government are providing to Covid patients, e.g. Favipiravir was originally made in Japan back in 2014 for the Influenza, but their recent study on it's effect on Covid showed it didn't work because it didn't follow the golden standard, although the evidence showed it did, so was eventually scraped and it's patent expired.

Thailand now makes it (legally) and is giving it to it's Covid patients, but no large scale studies have been conducted, so good for them for going against the golden standard "grain" and experimenting to see if it works, I mean, it appears to work as we see the amount of those coming out of hospital to be higher than those remaining in hospital, so why aren't others trying it, or something else, could it be this golden standard process in a pandemic ? 

I completely agree with the point you are making.

Would just like to point out that there have been 8 studies on Favipiravir. It ain't the most effective treatment, but is partially efficacious.

You can see a comparative list of the various drugs (AND vitamins C and D) that studies have shown to be effective treatments for Covid here:

https://c19early.com/

• Thanks 2

41 minutes ago, mogandave said:

Conversations on the internet do, yes?

Again, I don’t know anyone, nor have I read anyone that thinks the virus is a hoax. 

That said, it does seem that if one is not terrified of the virus or disagrees with some government policy they are accused of calling the virus a hoax.

Just reread was has been posted on this topic,you will find more then one denier!

First one, first page last post.

5 hours ago, papa al said:

Screw free speech.

Listen to the masters.

Sorry papa.. great credibility on the motorcycle forum..

Politics.. not so much. Just have to read your sig..

Just sayin'..  No flame-war please.

10 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

That the virus is a hoax is very common  constantly  in FB. The mantra is : There is no virus threat its all about control! You are fortunate if you  haven't met or heard from such people. In the UK there has just been a massive  demonstration  against vaccine passports. That is policy  that is being opposed. Nobody is calling them covid deniers.

How do you know no one is calling them that?

5 hours ago, Aland said:

Hey uncle Joe Stalin rooster, why not answer the question instead of straight up blowing it off, what about Sweden?

Here in Australia, there i no mass hysteria, mandatory mask wearing, lockdowns or other life dulling mandates, besides no incoming or out going tourist.  There are very few cases and life is very good and normal

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, purrboat said:

After 6 years of reading and not logging in this ridiculous uneducated shell of a man Rooster forced my hand. The outbreak is caused because of the vaccine. Go back to your science and medical school. Of course you are a believer. A follower. Your writings are painful at best. Now this fear mongering ridiculous post supporting ending free speech. Please accept your little jab 1, 2, 3, 4 or more until your masters tell you it’s enough. Of course after the 2nd your time on this planet will be short. Please take your beloved mRNA deadly gene therapy so we no longer have to read the worst drivel in all of Thailand. Put your little face panty back on and go hide in a closet somewhere.      

Not even one like..yet for this delusional rant..

I can't be the only one noticing that most of these tin-foil chapeau types are very recent sign-ups..

Maybe it's time for vetting these fruit-cakes when they join.  XX number of outlandish post within the first 15 days and they are gone. Permanently. They create division and discord on the forum, just as they do in general society..

robblok says maybe the best we can do is to make fun of them.. but when you do they are at your throat faster than Giant the Ban dog and almost as vicious..

Edited by bobbin
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Joinaman said:

very good, but this is about Thailand isn't it ?

But the vast majority of deaths, in Thailand, are from people with underlying health problems

Yes, just like many other illnesses, there are some people who are supposedly young and fit, yet succumb to this virus 

No one is denying that the majority have underlying health conditions but my post was in reply to someone who mentioned it ONLY affected the old, obese or those with previous conditions.

And if you want Thai examples then:-
'One of them was a 25-week pregnant woman, 32, a resident of Bangkok. She reportedly contracted Covid-19 from visiting a crowded area and started to have fever and cough on April 8'.
https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40000197

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Aland said:

Hey uncle Joe Stalin rooster, why not answer the question instead of straight up blowing it off, what about Sweden?

I think Sweden should be compared to its more conservative neighbours, who have weathered the storm better. To their credit the Swedes are more inclined to follow guidelines and they have more space to distance from each other, than say a place like India. I don’t think they’ve had a great pandemic, and they are no longer seeking natural herd immunity. Not so long ago India looked to have dealt with this well, but with a new variant circulating that is no longer the case. The only way out of this mess is herd immunity through vaccinations. I’m thankful it’s 2021, and not 1921, as we have the science to deal with it. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Joinaman said:

And in Thailand, how many years will that take ?

What is the supposed life of the vaccine, 6 months ?

Its here to stay, just like the flu virus, which we accept and live with too, which, like the Covid, will continue to kill the weak and susceptible

For gods sake IT'S NOT THE FLU. If we try and 'accept and live with it' like the flu, millions more will die.

How many times does this have to be discussed? It's 14 months and you still are uneducated. It has to be willfully uneducated by now as there really is no excuse..

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Britman Free said:

But can anyone here name any other famous or high profile people who were killed by covid?

Take your pick

https://www.businessinsider.com/high-profile-people-who-have-died-coronavirus-related-illness-so-far-2020

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_deaths_due_to_COVID-19

Edited by Susco
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, johnnybangkok said:

No one is denying that the majority have underlying health conditions but my post was in reply to someone who mentioned it ONLY affected the old, obese or those with previous conditions.

And if you want Thai examples then:-
'One of them was a 25-week pregnant woman, 32, a resident of Bangkok. She reportedly contracted Covid-19 from visiting a crowded area and started to have fever and cough on April 8'.
https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40000197

thanks

thats at least one out of 66 million then 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Britman Free said:

Funny how no high profile people anywhere have died of this deadly virus.

In the UK there was the 100 year old colonel Tom (of Zimmer frame fame) whose life was so viciously cut short by this terrible killer.

But can anyone here name any other famous or high profile people who were killed by covid?

Tim Brooke-Taylor of the Goodies.