Online petition demands resignation of Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul

Jonathan Fairfield

1 minute ago, ikke1959 said:

I want another one for Mr Prayuth too... He has to leave for misconduct, false information,  bringing the health people and the economy of the country in danger, Lack of interest, lack of acting, and so on

Must to you to task on your comment mate, you say Prayut has a lack of interest, lack of acting?

How can you possibly say that?

Prayut has an interest in ruining the country, he is 1 of the best actors in the country, he is trying to act as P.M. and failing miserably.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, dddave said:

He is unfortunately, very, very well connected, from one of the more powerful political families in Thailand.  He didn't get that job because of his knowledge and experience.  He got it as part of a deal.

Chavarat Charnvirakul is a Thai politician. He had served as an Acting Prime Minister of Thailand as a result of the 2008 Thai political crisis...

https://historica.fandom.com/wiki/Chavarat_Charnvirakul

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, SpanishExpat said:

He would have already been substituted many times in any civilized country, but after all this is TH, where power/connections/money count more than expertise. 

We would never have been substituted in any civilized country!!!

He would have never had that job in the first place!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, connda said:

The construction billionaire has no reason nor standing to be at the head of the Health Ministry during a pandemic.  That is sheer insanity.
They need a qualified doctor

Much less nasty governments than this have a habit of appointing people who know nothing about their topic. EG: Greg Hunt, Australian federal health "minister".

Bio: https://www.health.gov.au/ministers/the-hon-greg-hunt-mp/minister-hunts-biography

Petition to remove him: https://www.punthunt.com.au/?utm_campaign=lva_-_punt_hunt&utm_medium=email&utm_source=RD+Station

13 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

I want another one for Mr Prayuth too... He has to leave for misconduct, false information,  bringing the health people and the economy of the country in danger, Lack of interest, lack of acting, and so on

Says who!

download.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, grandpa said:

Since when has this Government listened to the people!

The statistics are interesting here.

a normal survey sample we see in LoS is 2-4000 opinions and quoted as basis for certain decisions made by the administration.

here you have a petition backed by 50,000 in few days and would anybody listen to it?

and why is lead actor not being held accountable!!!

3 minutes ago, mjakob007 said:

The statistics are interesting here.

a normal survey sample we see in LoS is 2-4000 opinions and quoted as basis for certain decisions made by the administration.

here you have a petition backed by 50,000 in few days and would anybody listen to it?

and why is lead actor not being held accountable!!!

Going up rapidly as we speak 147,466 now signed!!https://www.change.org/p/เรียกร้องให้-อนุทิน-รัฐมนตรีสธ-ลาออก-จากความล้มเหลวในการแก้ปัญหาการระบาด-covid19?

Positive movement, but they should be asking and demanding for entire cabinet to resign. Latest outbreak is 100% failure of entire cabinet. Why on earth would you allow free interprovincial travel on the brink of a huge outbreak? why did they not lockdown the red zones in BKK and allowed people to travel and once again how did UK variant get into the country and originated from the clubs visited by the government officials, Sure as hell did not originate from girls working there

Excellent idea. This guy has no experience in the health field, and has been over his head since day one. In the event of an emergency, a great deal of talent and experience is required. He has none of that. He should have been replaced as soon as Covid broke out, and they realized they needed a real minister for the job.

He has failed his nation miserably. Get out. Get out now!

19 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

The organisers of the petition say Anutin has repeatedly demonstrated that he is not up to the job of managing Thailand’s COVID-19 response, including on policy, management of resources, vaccine procurement and has failed to build confidence amongst medical workers on the front line. 

I thought he was good at "building bridges" though, maybe the health care system was a bridge too far?

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Patong2021 said:

Makes the Yingluk and Abhisit  administrations look brilliant in comparison.....

Anutin the terrible's extreme arrogance reminds me of another Thai billionaire. 

Yingluck's father older brother. 

I can see Anutin declaring "The WHO is not my father!"

• Haha 1

As a 'supervised guest in Thailand I accept that it does not matter one bit if I like or dislike any of the political players. Nevertheless, if doctors seriously suggest 'no more Anutin = no more covid 19', then my confidence in doctors is really shaken...