Online petition demands resignation of Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul

Jonathan Fairfield

Do you honestly believe that any "minister" will tell you what he really thinks or believes.

No, he will say what he has been told to say.

This is usually referred to as "the party line".

Unfortunately, this sort of thing is not unique to Thailand.

Reference the Trump administration. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Guderian said:

Prayut should go too, Anutin is his creature, after all, and it's been obvious for months that he's incapable and incompetent. Why didn't the boss replace him? Expecting Thai politicians to do the honourable thing is a fantasy, it won't happen and this mess will rumble on. It's still hard to believe that a year ago they did  everything right and just about eradicated the virus, while now they're doing everything wrong and allowing infections to spread around the country like wildfire. What on earth changed to make them go from being so cautious to becoming downright careless?

The chance to pocket a ...load of money from the beginning of the pandemic , money supposed to be for the vaccines wich they are now in the back of the line for. Everything is under controle . They should have ordered the vaccines from that moment . Then now they would be the #1 in vaccinations as well and would have been a real example not a fake one as they are now . Then they would really have everything under controle . But hey , if my aunty would have a ..... she would be my uncle . 

12 hours ago, Disparate Dan said:

Much less nasty governments than this have a habit of appointing people who know nothing about their topic. EG: Greg Hunt, Australian federal health "minister".

Bio: https://www.health.gov.au/ministers/the-hon-greg-hunt-mp/minister-hunts-biography

Petition to remove him: https://www.punthunt.com.au/?utm_campaign=lva_-_punt_hunt&utm_medium=email&utm_source=RD+Station

Ahhh, Greg the foul mouthed k#nt Hunt. Yes, he's a piece of work.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Ministerial positions are for the heads of the most powerful clans in the country. Read the Secret Siam article on BJT for clarification.

Competence and ability have absolutely nothing to do with selection. 

"Do you know who I am?"

You don't say! ????????

Perhaps I should've added brackets with "sarcasm alert" to my post just to make it more obvious to some people who take everything literal instead of reading between the lines.

In other words: Your "in-depth" clarification was just as superfluous as Mr. Anutin apparently is (according to the undersigned of the online petition).

Edited by Misterwhisper

4 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Will have wife complete and also get her family to complete theirs as they all despise the guy.

how many times can she vote....if  she can put 1 or 2 for me  555

Edited by Mavideol
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, anchadian said:

The petition calling for the resignation of Anutin, the Minister of Public Health, has now surpassed 150,000 signatures #อนุทิน #COVID19 #โควิด19 #โควิดวันนี้ #Thailand
Quote Tweet

Thai News Reports

@ThaiNewsReports
· 11h
A petition calling for the resignation of Anutin, the Minister of Public Health, for his failure to resolve the #COVID19 epidemic, has been signed by over 100,000 people so far. Anutin’s name in Thai #อนุทิน is also trending https://change.org/p/%E0%B9%80%E0%B8%A3%E0%B8%B5%E0%B8%A2%E0%B8%81%E0%B8%A3%E0%B9%89%E0%B8%AD%E0%B8%87%E0%B9%83%E0%B8%AB%E0%B9%89-%E0%B8%AD%E0%B8%99%E0%B8%B8%E0%B8%97%E0%B8%B4%E0%B8%99-%E0%B8%A3%E0%B8%B1%E0%B8%90%E0%B8%A1%E0%B8%99%E0%B8%95%E0%B8%A3%E0%B8%B5%E0%B8%AA%E0%B8%98-%E0%B8%A5%E0%B8%B2%E0%B8%AD%E0%B8%AD%E0%B8%81-%E0%B8%88%E0%B8%B2%E0%B8%81%E0%B8%84%E0%B8%A7%E0%B8%B2%E0%B8%A1%E0%B8%A5%E0%B9%89%E0%B8%A1%E0%B9%80%E0%B8%AB%E0%B8%A5%E0%B8%A7%E0%B9%83%E0%B8%99%E0%B8%81%E0%B8%B2%E0%B8%A3%E0%B9%81%E0%B8%81%E0%B9%89%E0%B8%9B%E0%B8%B1%E0%B8%8D%E0%B8%AB%E0%B8%B2%E0%B8%81%E0%B8%B2%E0%B8%A3%E0%B8%A3%E0%B8%B0%E0%B8%9A%E0%B8%B2%E0%B8%94-covid19 #Thailand

Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul is facing down calls to resign over his failure to contain the Covid-19 crisis https://bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2105323/anutin-defies-calls-to-quit-health-post #ThaiNewsReports #Thailand

if this one has a good ending.... maybe time to ask for another one to remove Prayut or all inept government cronies

• Like 1

On 4/25/2021 at 1:46 PM, SpanishExpat said:

That won’t succeed , but would be happy if I’m wrong. He is the worst of all those clowns up there and I truly hate him for all the bs/hate-speech coming out of his mouth! 
He would have already been substituted many times in any civilized country, but after all this is TH, where power/connections/money count more than expertise. 

That's the problem.  Prayut cannot fire him, even if he wanted to, as he was part of Newin's deal with the junta for his party to to support the goverment. Anutin used his inherited wealth and business to buy his way into gangster politics and he is now nominal leader of Newin's party. The health ministry was obviously his own choice but his interests were making money out of marijuana businesses and lucrative side activities in healthcare, not administering healthcare for the benefit of the people for which he has no aptitude and apparently no interest.

Voluntarily resigning to show responsibilities for one's incompetence or malfeasance is something I have never seen in Thai public life.  Since it is a money business, this is not surprising. The fragmented political system in the 90s with numerous shaky coalitions made ministers more vulnerable as they could be out of power in a heartbeat with their mortal enemies gaining control over the records of their ministry.  But that cannot happen under this constitution. 

• Like 2

On 4/25/2021 at 1:21 PM, holy cow cm said:

Yes let the Thai people get rid of this clown and then the Junta can nominate a more upstanding person say like Thammanat Prompow . 

He's probably more qualified to talk about masks and drugs than Anutin!

9 hours ago, thailand49 said:

Just one petition!????

Confused?   " just one petition "  my comment meant he isn't the only one there should be a petition but of course there isn't enough paper in Thailand to make it happen to every single leader in government (Swamp)

On 4/25/2021 at 6:18 PM, shady86 said:

Resigning doesn't exist in Thai vocabulary. Transfer to inactive post sounds better? 

Does any one know what actuall qualifications he has. Rumours were flying that he was an engineer /fitter which of course may be totally wrong.