German retiree and girlfriend nabbed for dealing in crystal meth in Pattaya

webfact

14 hours ago, Caldera said:

So Claus asked his buyers of illegal drugs, ultimately including a police officer conducting a sting operation, to transfer money to his personal bank account. Let's just say I don't think that's very clever. 

Claus was probably thinking with his "Curry Wurst".

• Haha 1

On 4/26/2021 at 9:57 AM, BritManToo said:

But on the plus side his Thai 'girlfriend' was a ladyboy, so they can still be together in prison.

i met this guy in jomtien sitting outside a bar we got chatting he told me he had a gvt pension  of 1600 euro per month plus another pension never spoke to him again after that but used to see him most days when i did my walks he was always outside  7/11 beach road  no matter what time of day i saw him always had a bottle....but must say that the conversation i had with him polite..  just shows eh 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Harveyboy said:

i met this guy in jomtien sitting outside a bar we got chatting he told me he had a gvt pension  of 1600 euro per month plus another pension never spoke to him again after that but used to see him most days when i did my walks he was always outside  7/11 beach road  no matter what time of day i saw him always had a bottle....but must say that the conversation i had with him polite..  just shows eh 

I've met some really nice guys that were bank robbers or drug dealers in the UK.

I've also met some complete scumbags that were policemen/women.

I don't think occupation is a good way to judge a persons character.

• Like 2

On 4/26/2021 at 1:31 PM, Pilotman said:

No, just seen them on U Tube.  

Try watching "A prayer before dawn" about the British Boxer, Billy Moore who went to a couple of Thai prisons.
I can't think of anything worse.

Apparently, even the Ladyboys get segregated - they have "Celebrity" status there lol

10 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I've met some really nice guys that were bank robbers or drug dealers in the UK.

I regard criminals as those who refuse to live by the norms and rules of the society they exist in. I have no problem with the concept of locking them up for the better good. One factor of say con-men, is they are affable in a way to gain your confidence. Being a crook, or a policeman, is apparently just a fork in the road. 

18 hours ago, BritManToo said:

who judged his occupation 

• Thanks 1

On 4/26/2021 at 2:28 PM, holy cow cm said:

On the other hand he can pimp his g-friend out and can actually make some money supporting themselves in there.

The downside to that business plan is that prisoners don't have access to, or the facility to use, money.

Edited by Liverpool Lou

15 hours ago, sharksy said:

Apparently, even the Ladyboys get segregated - they have "Celebrity" status there lol

That's not the case, LBs are men and are allocated the same areas as male prisoners in Thailand.  They certainly do not have "celebrity" status, they have the same status as the other blokes.

Don't believe the dramatisations that you see on YT.

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Like 1

On 4/26/2021 at 6:56 PM, bobbin said:

Awful lot of convicted people in the world due to the War on Drugs..

As Nancy very effectively said in her hugely successful campaign: "Just Say No " 

• Confused 1

On 4/28/2021 at 5:06 PM, Liverpool Lou said:

The downside to that business plan is that prisoners don't have access to, or the facility to use, money.

Should be confiscated on proceeds of crime

41 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

As Nancy very effectively said in her hugely successful campaign: "Just Say No " 

A call out to hugely unsuccessful philosophy of 40 years ago?

i guess you are just a "left-over"..

The world has moved on..

Edited by bobbin

5 minutes ago, bobbin said:

A call out to hugely unsuccessful philosophy of 40 years ago?

i guess you are just a "left-over"..

The world has moved on..

You obviously do not understand irony or sarcasm

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:
On 4/28/2021 at 2:06 PM, Liverpool Lou said:

Should be confiscated on proceeds of crime

What "should be confiscated" from prisoners, the cash that none of them have access to inside?

13 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

What "should be confiscated" from prisoners, the cash that none of them have access to inside?

Anything including cash deemed to be proceeds of crime. Many countries have procedures for this to occur following convictions. In fact just a few days ago several raids took place doing just that, including cars, houses, cash and jewellery

Edited by RJRS1301