Foreigners welcomed to Phuket free.

RobMuir

50 minutes ago, Captain Monday said:

Yes. 4 or 5 years back some "guys" I know when to Patong. They said every bar was overrun with ladyboys, they could not find whatever they were looking for and left the island. I was surprised as around 18 years ago I was accosted by girls resembling in every way UCLA coeds at the SHARK disco.  

More B.S. Loads of real women in Patong. They far outnumber ladyboys.

But this was relayed by some "guys".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Captain Monday said:

Yes. 4 or 5 years back some "guys" I know when to Patong. They said every bar was overrun with ladyboys, they could not find whatever they were looking for and left the island. I was surprised as around 18 years ago I was accosted by girls resembling in every way UCLA coeds at the SHARK disco.  

18 years ago! ????

• Thanks 1

I have no business here and to be honest couldn't care less if less exapts or visitors come here, it's like the real paradise on earth nowadays...., please stay away...!

Also I get my fried rice/noodle with seafood for 60 baht in Patong, always have for the last 10 years or so....,  that's with a fried egg on top....!!! the actual price without egg is 50 baht with a bowl of chicken soup that comes for free, try to beat that wherever you are.... ????

2 hours ago, Captain Monday said:

From years before covid no reason to go to Phuket unless live there and have own transport.

Greed, and disdain for their own customer, a poor value. Even for Thais the 250 baht fried rice.Kata Karon, once paradisal, now boring. Patong the pit of hell. Maybe for American tourists who have never been to Thailand before. After the airport taxi where they are charged most of what it would cost in Houston they feel as if "living like kings".

Either they ordered the fried rice from a menu which clearly shows prices, which means there's nothing to complain about.

Or, they didn't order from the menu, didn't know the price, which makes them stupid.

I still think it's a made up story. Have you noticed that both incidents happened to other people? In other words, we have to trust the words of complete strangers that don't post AND a guy that is gullible as h.ell.

1 minute ago, KarenBravo said:

Either they ordered the fried rice from a menu which clearly shows prices, which means there's nothing to complain about.

Or, they didn't order from the menu, didn't know the price, which makes them stupid.

I still think it's a made up story. Have you noticed that both incidents happened to other people? In other words, we have to trust the words of complete strangers that don't post AND a guy that is gullible as h.ell.

Yeah but my monger friends are trustworthy long term associates. One of the same "guys" came to Chiang Mai and reported the similar problems, after 2 or 3 nights he found what he was looking for. 

As for the paid testing to Phuket I cannot justify dual pricing. Hopefully Phuket border guards will continue to treat all fairly, without exploring the easy route, the "fleece".

One nice thing about the virus, it isn't racist.

1 minute ago, Captain Monday said:

Yeah but my monger friends are trustworthy long term associates. One of the same "guys" came to Chiang Mai and reported the similar problems, after 2 or 3 nights he found what he was looking for. 

As for the paid testing to Phuket I cannot justify dual pricing. Hopefully Phuket border guards will continue to treat all fairly, without exploring the easy route, the "fleece".

One nice thing about the virus, it isn't racist.

Sounds like your "associates" weren't looking for real women, because there are hundreds of them and it would be simple to say that, yet, you won't say "what they were looking" for. It certainly wasn't real females, otherwise, you would have said so.

Maybe they were looking for either pre-op or, post-op ladyboys. Either that or, had unrealistic expectations on women's looks.

If you think you can come to the Phuket sub-forum, slag off Phuket with B.S. that can be easily seen through, and not get any push-back from the expats that live and know Phuket, then you are very much mistaken.

On 4/28/2021 at 7:40 AM, ChipButty said:

Dual pricing is not exclusive to Thailand it happens in England, many years ago my mother owned a couple of hotels in Blackpool I even got my Fish and Chips cheaper one night because I was classed as a local, 

I confirm that is also the case from my local area in the UK. I've never had a 'local' as such , however I've visited friends at their local hostelry and realised they had negotiated a 'special' rate for their drinks.

It was especially true in Derbyshire  ( Peak District National Park area) where the locals were charged less than temporary tourists. 

Consumer research has shown in the west that women would pass on buying a cheap perfume even it it had exactly the same smell  as an expensive one.  They believed there was added enjoyment from the extra expense and I've long noticed it's not only Thai women that like to show off.

Maybe we (I presume mostly men) should start to think of the extra we pay in dual pricing here in los as a treat to ourselves.  I certainly consider it  a reward being here after what I left behind in the UK.

• Haha 1

OK. I don't support sex tourism. I won't return to Phuket because of the taxi mafia alone .I don't care about cattiness and prices, or having been charged for "taking a lady" for being seen with the Japanese woman I checked in with. That was a misunderstanding. It is a poor value. I hope you enjoy, and I would  be happy to visit while not being over run by foreign tourists with the clearest water in decades, but that is really just more elitism no? It is over. Once the hordes return back to reality.

6 minutes ago, KarenBravo said:

If you think you can come to the Phuket sub-forum, slag off Phuket with B.S. that can be easily seen through, and not get any push-back from the expats that live and know Phuket, then you are very much mistaken.

Are you by any chance a sort of forum police or 

a TAT representative for the island?

I was under the impression the writing is free on this forum

(With the limit of the rules) of course you can disagree and you

are welcome to do that or you can report a post to the moderation

if you think one comment is against the rules, but honestly your answer

i quoted is worrying, you should re read it quietly and maybe correct it?

• Confused 1

43 minutes ago, Agusts said:

Also I get my fried rice/noodle with seafood for 60 baht in Patong, always have for the last 10 years or so....,  that's with a fried egg on top....!!! the actual price without egg is 50 baht with a bowl of chicken soup that comes for free, try to beat that wherever you are.... ????

I'm in Nonthaburi and we beat eggs here too...make great omelettes.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, kingofthemountain said:

Are you by any chance a sort of forum police or 

a TAT representative for the island?

I was under the impression the writing is free on this forum

(With the limit of the rules) of course you can disagree and you

are welcome to do that or you can report a post to the moderation

if you think one comment is against the rules, but honestly your answer

i quoted is worrying, you should re read it quietly and maybe correct it?

Nope. I believe in your right to free speech on this forum as is the right of reply. Especially when you know 100% that the comment you are responding to is a fabrication. I notice you don't mention that.

There is nothing in Monday's posts that are against forum rules, but, they do beg for rebuttal as they are simply not true. Don't like that, or, don't like my posts? Use the scroll bar or, block me.

17 minutes ago, Captain Monday said:

OK. I don't support sex tourism. I won't return to Phuket because of the taxi mafia alone .I don't care about cattiness and prices, or having been charged for "taking a lady" for being seen with the Japanese woman I checked in with. That was a misunderstanding. It is a poor value. I hope you enjoy, and I would  be happy to visit while not being over run by foreign tourists with the clearest water in decades, but that is really just more elitism no? It is over. Once the hordes return back to reality.

Maybe you're the one that should "return back to reality", if you are familiar with it.

10 minutes ago, KarenBravo said:

Nope. I believe in your right to free speech on this forum as is the right of reply. Especially when you know 100% that the comment you are responding to is a fabrication. I notice you don't mention that.

There is nothing in Monday's posts that are against forum rules, but, they do beg for rebuttal as they are simply not true. Don't like that, or, don't like my posts? Use the scroll bar or, block me.

i don't really care if Monday's post was a fabrication or not

if you think 100% of the coments posted need to be real with proof and so on, ok it's your right but i am afraid you wil be disapointed

i just haven't liked the tone of your answer to him, acting like if you was the ''owner'' of the phuket subforum, a sort of sanctuary where you should post only positives things about the island

I have found in the past this sort of ''sensitive'' reflex

in the Issan forum, where out of the sun i was attacked by

a lot of the residents out of common sense in a topic

my blocked user list was boosted from 2 names to 8 on this occasion

and i promised to myself to never go again in the Issan sub forum

I rarely block people, only the few stupid ones

so far i have no reason to do that, let's see where we go

and if i have to ''boycot'' also the phuket sub forum

i wish you a nice day

Edited by kingofthemountain
  • Confused 1

37 minutes ago, DaLa said:

I'm in Nonthaburi and we beat eggs here too...make great omelettes.

Nothing I posted is a fabrication.

My stories are 200 percent true. My friends are 100 percent as I can trust them.

Thais have been overcharged for simple dishes like fried rice and Pad Khapaw gai.

This is not new info.

But WHY does everything have to be served with an egg on it?

What is an egg but a thing that tumbles out of a birds butt?

Edited by Captain Monday