Isolation Madness.

WineOh

Being away from the family for 13 months with no end date in sight is  mind blowingly hard and grinding on my will to live !

And being stuck in a bed and breakfast in a town in the UK i hate 23 hours a day don;t help

Edited by RichardColeman

Play golf, swim, read books, watch TV series, eat out, read news. Cook for myself for dinner in the condo, GF does everything when I am in the village. Add new observations to my autobiography, 138,000 words thus far.

Oh yes, marvel at the regulation that says I and my GF must wear masks when we are together in the car, after we spent the previous night in bed maskless. No further correspondence will be entered into.

Er - what isolation?

• Confused 1

15 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

Being away from the family for 13 months with no end date in sight is  mind blowingly hard and grinding on my will to live !

And being stuck in a bed and breakfast in a town in the UK i hate 23 hours a day don;t help

Sh!t that sounds tough. Life is tough for many now, but probably no consolation to you. You go out for 1 hour a day?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Play golf, swim, read books, watch TV series, eat out, read news. Cook for myself for dinner in the condo, GF does everything when I am in the village. Add new observations to my autobiography, 138,000 words thus far.

Oh yes, marvel at the regulation that says I and my GF must wear masks when we are together in the car, after we spent the previous night in bed maskless. No further correspondence will be entered into.

Er - what isolation?

Why would you need a mask in bed? No risk at all.

A1C5ACA7-17DB-4D0C-A499-A31E2DE18955_4_5005_c.jpeg

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, WineOh said:

You being serious?

Who would want to read that?

Quite serious, I have had a very full and interesting life. I don't know who would want to read it, that's for a publisher to decide. It's a legacy to my son.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, WineOh said:

Most of the torrent sites dont have any of the books I am after.

So I reluctantly pay the fee. 

there's a very old but still working windows application called soulseek, seems to have everything

recently got pimsleurs learn thai off there, though will probably never listen to it

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Shhhhhhh. Don't detract from the narrative that it is deadly. Some might be upset that you all had it and recovered without problems ( like, apparently the vast majority that do catch it ).

I don't remember seeing any account of covid deaths posted that did not also list the number of cases... It is deadly, but for a small percent only and there are also people who get really sick from it and have lasting side effects... 

seems like you are really on to nothing here.. except making a big deal of readily available information and claiming it to be otherwise... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Danny Australia said:

I spend my days watching movies on Netflix and watching endless clips on Utube. I cook with my girlfriend and try new dishes from u tube. We still go for a walk on the beach and shopping. Not much has changed for us. The only annoying thing which we missed is a swim in the pool and use of gym at the condo.

have condos been ordered to close these?

I'm sure they love any excuse to close them and save maintenance costs

9 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Quite serious, I have had a very full and interesting life. I don't know who would want to read it, that's for a publisher to decide. It's a legacy to my son.

Just out of curiosity, how many pages will you be dedicating to your time spent on this forum?

Surely that will take up at least half the book? ???? 

Edited by WineOh
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, WineOh said:

Just out of curiosity, how many pages will you be dedicating to your time on this forum?

Surely that will take up half the book? ???? 

I checked for that under a couple of appropriate sections, I don't seem to have mentioned anything except how useful the inputs of Sheryl, ubonjoe and Crossy are. 86 words when I highlight that area.

There is a fairly large section on how I beat my alcohol and nicotine addictions with self-discipline, but you probably won't be interested in that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

There is a fairly large section on how I beat my alcohol and nicotine addictions with self-discipline, but you probably won't be interested in that.

No, you are absolutely spot on about that mate!

I'm on my 4th can and could not be happier.
also just ordered a Doner kebab.

Enjoy your green tea and cucumber sandwiches bro.

Edited by WineOh
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, WineOh said:

On my second wine cooler .........

Why would anyone want to give up alcohol (or any other recreational drug)?

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, WineOh said:

I hope you two are going to keep this up, brightened my day no end........555

• Haha 1

Just now, BritManToo said:

I don't know what came over me the last few days....

Resistance is futile.

Life sucks without a drink

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Not sure I'd want any of my kids reading about my exploits in Asia.

You must have been a very dull fellow.

• Haha 1

Really, you like being alone?

test:  watch a girl movie where her parents, dog, and siblings die..... one where they have cancer, or whatever..

trust me........you WANT other humans to know you exist and care for you.  team sports, family, friends......whatever.

alone in the world is about as anti-human as possible

i was with a few friends today for a few hours.  it wasn't nearly enough.

team work.....good friends......parents.......way more valuable than finding 15 baht rottee on Soi 4 at 4 a.m. after drinking your mind to numbness  

Just now, WineOh said:

also just ordered a Donner kebab.

Toasted cheese and Branston pickle sandwich with a Schweppes manao soda.

The news alcohol has been a Class 1 carcinogen since 1989 is no doubt unwelcome news, responsible for cancers of the mouth, esophagus, stomach and liver. Perhaps you are hoping to be a statistical outlier. I'm hoping to win Tattslotto.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Because some people like to control the drug, rather than the drug controlling them.

Can't say I'll ever be able to give up sex.

3 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

The news alcohol has been a Class 1 carcinogen since 1989 is no doubt unwelcome news, responsible for cancers of the mouth, esophagus, stomach and liver.

But that fact that both my parents, now well into their 80's have been heavy drinkers since their teens are still kicking around gives me hope.

I will take my chances and swerve the manao soda! ???? 

Edited by WineOh