Isolation Madness.

WineOh

5 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Not sure I'd want any of my kids reading about my exploits in Asia.

You must have been a very dull fellow.

My exploits in Asia are about 10%. Not just shagging women, either.

15 minutes ago, WineOh said:

No, you are absolutely spot on about that mate!

I'm on my 4th can and could not be happier.
also just ordered a Doner kebab.

Enjoy your green tea and cucumber sandwiches bro.

From your local Turk take away, around the corner.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lacessit said:

Quite serious, I have had a very full and interesting life. I don't know who would want to read it, that's for a publisher to decide. It's a legacy to my son.

That's great. I too am in the process of recording my illustrious life in words for my sons and their children.

But the grandkids are not allowed to read until after the watershed!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

Plenty of them in the Bars 

Yep.........careful where you sit, avoid eye contact, be pleasant........and always have a handy excuse to leave if you get trapped.

That and make sure you know where the pool cues are.

Edited by Surelynot
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

Yep.........careful where you sit, avoid eye contact, be pleasant........and always have a handy excuse to leave if you get trapped.

Never had to resort to physical aggression in any bar in LOS.

However, I have met some severe Walter mitty's in my time here.

Beggars belief some of the stuff that comes out their mouths.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WineOh said:

Never had to resort to physical aggression in any bar in LOS.

However, I have met some severe Walter mitty's in my time here.

Beggars belief some of the stuff that comes out their mouths.

Not a fighter by any stretch......clever enough and fast enough to keep out of trouble.......but have come close, very close a couple of times to a beating.......totally not my fault.......one was a phone call from the UK to target me for picking up someone's "girlfriend" in Pattaya.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

one was a phone call from the UK to target me for picking up someone's "girlfriend" in Pattaya.

Every girl in Pattaya is someone else's girlfriend... 

They need more than one cheap charlie 'to keep the wolf from the door'

6 hours ago, cyril sneer said:

only thing that's changed is going out for meals at the weekend with the wife

I refuse to go to a restaurant if it's not serving alcohol, so make her get a takeaway and drink at home

I thought people now drink 'coffee' in restaurants instead using those giant iced coffee mugs.

12 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

Not a fighter by any stretch......clever enough and fast enough to keep out of trouble.......but have come close, very close a couple of times to a beating.......totally not my fault.......one was a phone call from the UK to target me for picking up someone's "girlfriend" in Pattaya.

You should have said to him, you dont lose your girlfriend here, you just lose your turn

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, 1FinickyOne said:

Every girl in Pattaya is someone else's girlfriend... 

They need more than one cheap charlie 'to keep the wolf from the door'

Ha.........it was In Charlie Hotel, corner of LK Metro....that. the t wat was threatening to do me.

I can go to any restaurant or pub and to the amazing beaches without even wearing a mask. Oh that's right I'm on the gold coast Australia. 

Have been watching closely for an opening to go back to Thailand but with the quarantine and restrictions in place its a no go country. I imagine other expats OS would feel the same 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, rumak said:

well,  i am surprised to see this post from you  TBL .    I thought you were letting "them" occupy your mind 24/7  like most of the people on this forum that follow each covid thread and spend hours arguing and preaching about it.

Your post reads as if you find the constant "narrative"  more deadly than just accentuating the positive.    I went for a nice drive and walk today with my fit mrs R.   Now going to enjoy a nice lunch.    Life is good.............. 

psssssssssst :   stay well,  cherish your family,  get some fresh air 

Being reluctant to abandon TVF, and given the lack of threads that interest me I'm having to contribute on threads like this. I no longer spend over 4 hours like I used to on TVF though.

I've plenty of other things to do though, and I should read more, though the dark side ( internet ) is seductive.

Don't have a family to cherish, and it's too cold to be going outside more than I have to. In fact I've got the heater on full beside me as I write this.

After I put the computer to sleep I'll be watching one of the many DVDs I've been wanting to see.

Goodnight.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

I've only once felt so uncomfortable by the nutter that decided to sit beside me in a bar that I've had to pay up and leg it when he went to the loo. I did probably save myself from a bit of aggro though. Some are out to cause trouble though, unfortunately.

7 minutes ago, kingstonkid said:

I use scribd.

So did I.

Used to be good but I have noticed, yet again that many of the books I want to read are not on there anymore.

Everything I need/want is on audible though, so I swallow the high fees and download the book straight to my phone.

6 hours ago, WineOh said:

I like to dine out a lot with friends.

Cant do that anymore.

I like to go to the beach a lot 

Cant do that now.

I like to go for a massage.

Cant do that now.

I like to go for a pint in the pub. Can't do that now.

All I have is my books and my beer..

Life for me is anything but normal right now ???? 

Can't dine with friends  but can face contact with them using FB messenger or other apps

Can't swim at the beach but I think can still walk along ,I will check when I leave BKK and go to my home in Pattaya. Have condo here. (BKK)

As far as massage still get wnen I want as many guys have massage girls or bar girls on Line accounts and  will open bar/shop (on the sly) or meet up somewhere.

I don't drink but seems as long as you can pick up a beer at 7--11 or supermarket who cares if you can't go to a bar.

Haven't read a book in years but have Netflix, CW and other streaming services so been watching a number of new series on my computer and can disply on my Smart TV  so I'm good. Plus I pause the programs and do some exercise to stay healthy.

6 hours ago, Rimmer said:
7 hours ago, CharlieH said:

Havnt noticed any real changes at all. Only difference to my routines is wearing a mask.Everything else, same same.

I also noticed the groundhawg day effect as well

I've taken to doing the laundry just to do something different.

7 hours ago, WineOh said:

I like to dine out a lot with friends.

Cant do that anymore.

I like to go to the beach a lot 

Cant do that now.

I like to go for a massage.

Cant do that now.

I like to go for a pint in the pub. Can't do that now.

All I have is my books and my beer..

Life for me is anything but normal right now ???? 

Have you never heard of having friends around for a dinner party or drinks? ( Not sure how you can call Thai bars Pubs)

The two women who massage me come to my house (on separate occasions) 

Cannot help you with the beach doesn’t interest me.