Is bitcoin a climate killing Ponzi scheme?

Jingthing

On 5/5/2021 at 11:30 PM, Jingthing said:

Well I don’t have children and I still care at least a little. I know. I know. Virtue signaling. So sue me.

Except climate is better now than before. Earth has more crop growing regions. Proven by satellite data. Sad people got conned by gw scare.

• Haha 1

The world is literally a greener place than it was 20 years ago, and data from NASA satellites has revealed a counterintuitive source for much of this new foliage: China and India. A new study shows that the two emerging countries with the world's biggest populations are leading the increase in greening on land.

34 minutes ago, In Full Agreement said:

Did you ever try to convert any of your bitcoin to fiat currency and get anything other than tethers?

My bitcoin is sent to my crypto.com debit card and I use that to pay for nearly all my bills, online shopping, meals, universities, etc

• Like 1

1 hour ago, In Full Agreement said:

Did you ever try to convert any of your bitcoin to fiat currency and get anything other than tethers?

Yes. I'm not interested in Tether, or any other stablecoin for that matter.

5 hours ago, In Full Agreement said:

Most exchanges: Bitstamp, Kraken, Coinbase, etc. will convert Bitcoin into local fiat currency (and you hold that fiat with them in your account) and you can then withdraw that fiat with a bank transfer when you request it.   

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Caldera said:

Yes, and that tells you all you need to know about the risk. ????

No it doesn't. There are huge, safe opportunities in DeFi. Keep your cash in the bank if you prefer, up to you. 

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Bitcoin is nothing.

More fun quotes.

'Black Swan' author Nassim Taleb compared bitcoin to a disease, called it a speculative bubble, and warned it was worthless. Here are his 8 best tweets about the crypto. (msn.com)

Nassim Nicholas Taleb has fired off a bunch of incendiary tweets about bitcoin over the past six months. The author of "The Black Swan" and "Antifragile" has compared the most-valuable cryptocurrency to an infectious disease, dismissed it as worthless, and argued it doesn't serve as a hedge against anything.

Last summer, Taleb asserted in an analysis dubbed the "Bitcoin Black Paper" that bitcoin isn't a currency, store of value, inflation hedge, or a haven from government tyranny or catastrophe.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/3/2021 at 3:34 PM, fdsa said:

> Is bitcoin a climate killing

yes

> Ponzi scheme?

no

</thread>

Opposite..No

Maybe.

The idiots who think BC is killing the climate think cows are killing the climate and indeed think humans are killing the climate. Scratch a greenie and find a red dedicated to the overthrow of capitalism....and  in these wokeco days dedicated to the overthrow of humanity sacrificed the at the altar of the Godess Gaia...BUT..I made a few bob on BC BITD  and now can afford Kobe beef stuffed with Pâté de foie gras and I flew around the world..So can't stop others having a bash..

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Sparktrader said:

Buffet has no idea about tech stuff really. Missed Amazon, missed Facebook, missed Bitcoin. He is old and out of date. Early bitcoin buyers made 10,000%+

it's easy to make 10,000% when you start with $1

Buffet used to do that in his young age ????

try that now when your minimum investment is $1bn, that's what he was saying in one of his rare interview a few years ago

he is missing out because he can't possibly invest without creating a shock in the market, and that could possibly make BTC reach $1,000,000 within days ????

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, GrandPapillon said:

it's easy to make 10,000% when you start with $1

Buffet used to do that in his young age ????

try that now when your minimum investment is $1bn, that's what he was saying in one of his rare interview a few years ago

he is missing out because he can't possibly invest without creating a shock in the market, and that could possibly make BTC reach $1,000,000 within days ????

Nope

Buffet made like 20% pa compounded using investment funds. Very good for old school.

He is old, out of touch.

Elon Musk is richer than him, modern loves coins.

Bitcoin markets on Binance are huge. 

Big business now.

Many said Amazon was a dud, they were wrong.

Facebook same

Bitcoin same

Tech changes the world

Bitcoin and Ethereum started a new bull mkt last 2 weeks.

Im up about 12% or 13% in less than 2 weeks with little risk. Bank interest is like 1% pa.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Opposite..No

Maybe.

The idiots who think BC is killing the climate think cows are killing the climate and indeed think humans are killing the climate. Scratch a greenie and find a red dedicated to the overthrow of capitalism....and  in these wokeco days dedicated to the overthrow of humanity sacrificed the at the altar of the Godess Gaia...BUT..I made a few bob on BC BITD  and now can afford Kobe beef stuffed with Pâté de foie gras and I flew around the world..So can't stop others having a bash..

Yes climate change is a cult. Dodgy science at best. In 05 they said by 2020 we be stuffed! Total bs

Now its 2030 then 2040 then 2050.

Dodgy wokes and lefties shifting goal posts!

They cant even predict 72 hrs ahead above 50%. Proven fact.

These 10 year forecasts and 50 years are <deleted>.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Sparktrader said:

Yes climate change is a cult. Dodgy science at best. In 05 they said by 2020 we be stuffed! Total bs

Now its 2030 then 2040 then 2050.

Dodgy wokes and lefties shifting goal posts!

They cant even predict 72 hrs ahead above 50%. Proven fact.

These 10 year forecasts and 50 years are <deleted>.

Well we have all learned about the perils of modelling with the SAGE Liars but another view is the positive side of climate change

https://www.spiked-online.com/2022/02/15/why-global-warming-is-good-for-us/

8 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Well we have all learned about the perils of modelling with the SAGE Liars but another view is the positive side of climate change

https://www.spiked-online.com/2022/02/15/why-global-warming-is-good-for-us/

Yes models all a bit dodgy. Crystal ball bs. Look at economic models lol

Flawed assumptions, garbage in garbage out