Is bitcoin a climate killing Ponzi scheme?

Jingthing

On 5/4/2021 at 12:17 PM, Heng said:

Like all things, something will replace it.   And chances are it'll be something blockchain like, it won't look like the legacy financial system.   So for the Fogeylanders spinning the energy angle, you're just badmouthing 8 track tapes.... it won't bring back vinyl.    

Sounds like gobbledygook.  This something that will replace it won't kill the earth? And you know this how?

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, AndyFoxy said:

I do care if jt ends up being a ponzi scheme (although the money I have made seems real to me). As for the climate, I couldn't care less.

Well I don’t have children and I still care at least a little. I know. I know. Virtue signaling. So sue me.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Sounds like gobbledygook.  This something that will replace it won't kill the earth? And you know this how?

google:// pos vs pow

1 hour ago, Caldera said:

Strange, the more money I make with bitcoin (acquired a long time ago), the less I care what other people think about it.

I hope you'll stay in Bitcoin when majority of users will move to a better alternative.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Doge is the way to go.

If you bought dogecoin at the beginning of the year you’ve enjoyed massive gains over the past four months. A $1,000 dogecoin purchase on Jan. 1, 2021 — at a price of 0.057 cent per coin — would be worth $121,052 at Wednesday’s high of 69 cents, a gain of more than 12,000%

Edited by bkk6060

19 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Just basic knowledge of current tech events.  Not all blockchain type techs require proof of work (proof of work is the electricity/power consumer in this ecosystem).   There are similar systems that rely on proof of stake or proof of selection, which consume far less energy (not to mention it's the tech itself that allows quantification of electricity use... if there were some way to quantity the electricity currently consumed by the financial system it's designed to replace it would likely be a different relative picture...).   There are alternate low energy chain technologies such as Holochain.     But yes, to many folks it maybe difficult to grasp.   I can telex you more info if you can't get around the Google barrier.  

• Like 1