Pit bulls wandering around Bang Saen like "street mafia" say Thai media

webfact

10pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Thai media Daily News reported that pit bull dogs were roaming around Bang Saen beach resort in Chonburi.

Like they owned the place, like they were street mafia!

Last month in Pattaya a man was savaged to death by his pit bull or Ban Dog. That one found a new home in Nakhon Sawan.

The latest case came to light in an appeal by the mayor of Saen Suk district (Bang Saen) on Facebook.

Narongchai "Lek" Khunplome called for owners to leash their dogs and not let them wander about.

news_GhyJgQUYmd100754_533.jpg

Picture: Daily News

He said he had received reports that some were pit bull terriers and people were scared. 

He called for people not to let their dogs out and to clean up after them to maintain public cleanliness. 

Daily News said that the post had some people online saying they would be scared to go to Bang Saen.

Others demanded the authorities take action against irresponsible owners. 

logo.thumb.jpg.58700f12f9218149b3e2f82126b72e4d.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-05-06

I saw a couple attacking a soi dog on 2nd Rd once, near Tim's..... brutal, and frightening that these 2 dogs were apparently free to roam and obviously pets. 

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Proboscis said:

Well I am one of the so-called "dog brigade" in that I have dogs. But I would never say pit bulls are harmless. I am against the breeding of such dangerous dogs. Even some mixes can be dangerous.

Me too. I have 3 dogs and they are part of the family. 

But, I dont agree with any dogs being allowed to freely roam the streets like that.  And any dog that seriously injures someone need to be put down.

If people own dogs they need to take responsibility for them and care for the properly. 

Sadly a minority of lazy or dumb dog owners and crazy dog fanatics give the rest of dog owners and dogs a bad name. 

• Like 2

Pit bulls require a very knowledgeable owner - one who knows how to handle this breed. Regardless, this type of dog should never be allowed to wander off-leash in public. They can be great pets, but they must be strictly controlled. Too often people take ownership of pit bulls without knowing what they’re getting into and the results can be tragic. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

18 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

Dangerous Stray dogs, burning rice fields, traffic deaths I don’t think they will ever figure out a workable solution to reduce that here. ????

A police force?  With no tourists to prey on, the police, with time on their hands, could be out and about protecting road-users from strays bringing down motor bikes and causing other accidents.

• Like 1