Covid 19 Vaccine Embassy Staff

On 5/6/2021 at 9:34 PM, pontious said:

Has any member of the British Embassy had a Covid 19 vaccination. If yes - where did they get it from.?

All Embassy Staff and their families, including Thai Staff, also all employees of the British Consul have had the AstraZenica vaccine.

It's not a difficult task to vaccinate less than a couple hundred people who are representatives of the British Government. I’m not sure where they were vaccinated or how they ‘got it’..

Why ?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

All Embassy Staff and their families, including Thai Staff, also all employees of the British Consul have had the AstraZenica vaccine.

It's not a difficult task to vaccinate less than a couple hundred people who are representatives of the British Government. I’m not sure where they were vaccinated or how they ‘got it’..

Why ?

To be fair I asked them not you. How do you know.?

On 5/13/2021 at 8:20 PM, pontious said:

To be fair I asked them not you. How do you know.?

Why do you want to know, why do you need to know where other people were vaccinated and the source of the vaccine used. Shouldn't you be more concerned about where you're going to be vaccinated and which vaccine you will be given?

14 hours ago, Brierley said:

Why do you want to know, why do you need to know where other people were vaccinated and the source of the vaccine used. Shouldn't you be more concerned about where you're going to be vaccinated and which vaccine you will be given?

And who are you to question me. Nobody -  exactly.! This is a straight forward question to the consular team. Not you. They don,t respond to many questions actually. As busy as they undoubtedly are.

Edited by pontious

13 minutes ago, pontious said:

And who are you to question me. Nobody -  exactly.! This is a straight forward question to the consular team. Not you. They don,t respond to many questions actually. As busy as they undoubtedly are.

It's just that I know the answer, just like you know the answer except now you're trying to make mischief out of what you already know! Never mind, here's a clue: https://www.reuters.com/world/us/us-state-department-says-covid-19-vaccines-shipped-all-overseas-workforce-2021-04-20/

27 minutes ago, pontious said:

Well that poster you responded too appears to be the consulars' unofficial mouthpiece, generally impolite and irrelevant which is why he is on my ignore list. However after saying that it is just as well because you get next to nothing positive as a reply from them as you well know. I can not speak for the Embassy or the staff of the British Council here but I have been reliably informed that in another SE Asian country their staff were vaccinated from locally sourced supplies.

Thank you for your post. I am sure they are busy but if they do not respond to questions it seems pointless to ask. I have not double checked but I do not think they have replied to any question for 16 days.

pontius, as you say we are pretty busy, but we are committed to responding to reasonable questions on this forum in a timely fashion, so apologies for the delay on this one.  The Embassy team are receiving vaccines, yes, because the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office has a duty of care to ensure HMG staff and dependants overseas in the diplomatic network are vaccinated. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, British Consular Team said:

pontius, as you say we are pretty busy, but we are committed to responding to reasonable questions on this forum in a timely fashion, so apologies for the delay on this one.  The Embassy team are receiving vaccines, yes, because the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office has a duty of care to ensure HMG staff and dependants overseas in the diplomatic network are vaccinated. 

So the UK FCO is sending vaccines to Thailand  while I have to return to the UK to a get a vaccine ? Shameful 

On 5/16/2021 at 8:55 PM, British Consular Team said:

And did the Thai staff receive them?