Thailand expects up to 20 million doses of Pfizer vaccine from July

webfact

They'd better hurry and get the good stuff such as Moderna and Biontech Pfizer. Personally I would also take Sputnik V.

Alarming news from USA and Europe about vector viral vaccines such as AstraZeneca and J&J.

If the majority of the population here would just know about it but as usual Thai media outlets rarely report about foreign news so it's just available to those who can read English news on social media. The other's kept dumb with government propaganda.

Vaccine type could be cause of side effects at AstraZeneca and Johnson&Johnson

• According to experts, the type of vaccine could be the cause of the rare severe side effects after vaccination with the preparations from AstraZeneca and Johnson & Johnson.
  • Both belong to the vector vaccine group. At this point, however, this is only a guess for now.
  • Blood clots in the brain had occurred in very rare cases with both vaccines. Johnson & Johnson had therefore postponed the market launch in Europe on Tuesday.

https://www.businessinsider.de/wissenschaft/gesundheit/astrazeneca-und-johnsonjohnson-ursache-fuer-gleiche-nebenwirkungen-a/?amp

EU apparently plans turnaround in vaccination strategy: 1.8 billion mRNA vaccines instead of AstraZeneca and Johnson&Johnson

• According to an Italian media report, the EU Commission is planning not to renew the contracts for Corona vaccines with the manufacturers AstraZeneca and Johnson&Johnson.
  • Instead, the EU would prefer to focus on the purchase of mRNA vaccines such as those from manufacturers Biontech or Moderna, he said. Peter Liese, a CDU MEP and health policy spokesman for the EPP group in the European Parliament, also reported the contract freeze.
  • In the afternoon, EU Commission President Ursula von der Leyen announced that the EU intends to purchase 1.8 billion vaccine doses from the manufacturer Biontech/Pfizer by 2023.

https://www.businessinsider.de/politik/deutschland/eu-plant-offenbar-kehrtwende-in-der-impfstrategie-900-millionen-mrna-impfstoffe-statt-astrazeneca-und-johnsonjohnson-b/

• Like 1

22 hours ago, John Drake said:

And those conditions are???

and the meaning of those conditions  are ==== Thailand doesn't have the required equipment to keep the vaccines frozen, thus back to the starting blocks 555

• Like 1

1 minute ago, John Drake said:

It would make sense that Thailand pursue the J&J shot, because it stores easily, uses only one dose, and is already approved in Thailand. So why is Thailand looking for more CP invested Sinovac, instead?

I guess...... "CP invested" ........is the answer....or was it your intention to point that out?

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, webfact said:

"Pfizer is coming," health minister Anutin Charnvirankul posted on his Facebook page.

"We expect to receive 10 to 20 million doses," he wrote.

wasn't there a petition to stop him from posting non sense BS .... I guess it didn't work as his BS keeps coming

8 minutes ago, John Drake said:

It would make sense that Thailand pursue the J&J shot, because it stores easily, uses only one dose, and is already approved in Thailand. So why is Thailand looking for more CP invested Sinovac, instead?

take a wild guess...   $$$$$$$$$$ from our CP brothers   555

''Thailand Expects''.    If i had a Thousand Baht for every time i had read that in the 15 years i've been here i would be as rich as any Thai General by now......and probably have a watch i didn't 'borrow' from a dead man !

• Like 2

With the 2 major Thai investors in Sinovac and Astra Zeneca, these will always be the go to vaccines in Thailand. 

...but, it doesn't hurt to be able to say we are vaccine neutral when the inevitable delays and health issues happen.

Reduces the heat on Cha Cha and Anutin.

Why bother announce anything until a confirmed contract is complete? 

It is listening to teenage girls drama,,,, "Oh I am going to get this hiso item and because i say so ,you cant say i didn't want it"

ThaiVisa needs to get some balls and stop broadcasting this garbage media.

• Thanks 1

Flip Flop
And I thought yesterday Pfizer wasn't coming, had never been considered, and everything Thaksin had said was a boldface lie. 

"Oh!  Look!  Today we have a different story!!!"
Flip Flop

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CLW said:

They'd better hurry and get the good stuff such as Moderna and Biontech Pfizer. Personally I would also take Sputnik V.

Alarming news from USA and Europe about vector viral vaccines such as AstraZeneca and J&J.

If the majority of the population here would just know about it but as usual Thai media outlets rarely report about foreign news so it's just available to those who can read English news on social media. The other's kept dumb with government propaganda.

Vaccine type could be cause of side effects at AstraZeneca and Johnson&Johnson

• According to experts, the type of vaccine could be the cause of the rare severe side effects after vaccination with the preparations from AstraZeneca and Johnson & Johnson.
  • Both belong to the vector vaccine group. At this point, however, this is only a guess for now.
  • Blood clots in the brain had occurred in very rare cases with both vaccines. Johnson & Johnson had therefore postponed the market launch in Europe on Tuesday.

https://www.businessinsider.de/wissenschaft/gesundheit/astrazeneca-und-johnsonjohnson-ursache-fuer-gleiche-nebenwirkungen-a/?amp

EU apparently plans turnaround in vaccination strategy: 1.8 billion mRNA vaccines instead of AstraZeneca and Johnson&Johnson

• According to an Italian media report, the EU Commission is planning not to renew the contracts for Corona vaccines with the manufacturers AstraZeneca and Johnson&Johnson.
  • Instead, the EU would prefer to focus on the purchase of mRNA vaccines such as those from manufacturers Biontech or Moderna, he said. Peter Liese, a CDU MEP and health policy spokesman for the EPP group in the European Parliament, also reported the contract freeze.
  • In the afternoon, EU Commission President Ursula von der Leyen announced that the EU intends to purchase 1.8 billion vaccine doses from the manufacturer Biontech/Pfizer by 2023.

https://www.businessinsider.de/politik/deutschland/eu-plant-offenbar-kehrtwende-in-der-impfstrategie-900-millionen-mrna-impfstoffe-statt-astrazeneca-und-johnsonjohnson-b/

Good grief! That "news" is nearly a month old

From your first link

Business Insider Deutschland

16 Apr 2021

Vaccine type could be cause of side effects

Blood clots in the brain had occurred in very rare cases

I suggest that "Business Insider" whilst a good site, (whether the German or UK version) is not the best source of news for medical matters and is lagging the real medical / scientific ones.

Edited by VBF
  • Like 1

On 5/7/2021 at 1:19 PM, mtls2005 said:

Meh.

Still no agreement with Pfizer so these words are useless. Actually worse than useless as they are confusing.

More details by dep-govt spokesperson 
@ttraisuree
: She says 
@pfizer
 will deliver their #COVID19 vaccine “in Q4/21” (Anutin said “Q3 or Q4”) and they’ll only seek authorization with 
@fdathai
 once a deal has been reached and will talk only with the govt, private sector later.

He needs to keep quiet until he has some real news.

He just babbles to put off criticism until Astra zeneca from the royals start producing.... likely the 3rd quarter. I'm afraid thailand is destined to be one of the last to tackle this pandemic. This would be due to one man's betrayal of his role in government to trident the best interests of the people and not himself and his royal alliances 

4 hours ago, goatfarmer said:

Starting June 7th, right on schedule, according to one of my Thai friends who has an appointment and confirmed that it would be AZ, not Sinovac.

The 26 million ordered direct from AZ in October were due in February. The further 35 million ordered direct from AZ in January are now estimated by the end of the year.

It is the local production that is on schedule for June. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, John Drake said:

Serious question?

7 hours ago, lks7689 said:

There is a reason the lower income countries didn't reserve the shots because they were asked to put up down payments for the vaccine at the development stage to guarantee priority delivery. Not many have the budget to put up the money when there wasn't guarantees the vaccine would work. When the trial results were promising, the rich nations already were Long in front of the queue. The Malaysian minister in charge of procuring vaccines literally said the pharma companies were selling to the rich countries first but he didn't explain the fact. 

Thailand could have dipped into their massive foreign reserves to make down payments. Maybe they decided they needed that cash to pay for submarines and high speed rail

• Like 2

On 5/7/2021 at 1:35 PM, rabas said:

Wow. Another day, another fantasy.

These guys are infighting and shooting their weapons of mass confusion through public media.

I guess the best is to ignore this "news" and check from Pfizer for announcements. Perhaps a good way to analyze factions and their designs, though.

7 hours ago, PEE TEE said:

IF true???? How would they transport it i think it has to be stored at minus 70 degrees 

The temperature parameters were revised several months ago to something fairly practical for sending to major cities in Thailand.

they better rush with the J&J and Pfizer as the AZ appears to be not too reliable regardless of the age

https://au.yahoo.com/news/two-aussie-men-in-hospital-with-clots-after-astra-zeneca-vaccinations-045707658.html

Two Aussie men in hospital with clots after AstraZeneca vaccines

The Queenslander, 66, is being treated in intensive care

The Tasmanian health department also announced a 70-year-old man was being treated for suspected blood clotting in hospital. He is in a stable condition.

Big difference between 10 & 20.

So, his wishe washe "this year" statement holds true even if they arrive in December.

This man should just keep his trap slosed until there is some real news to report 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DBath said:

"We expect to receive 10 to 20 million doses," he wrote.

How about just tell us when the first shipment arrives instead of giving everyone false hope based on another one of your lofty projections and frequent miscommunication. Your credibility is way beyond lacking at this point, IMO. 

His alias is Peter, the boy who cried wolf.

• Like 1