Pattaya: Mass vaccination of 40,000 people at sports stadium to begin mid-May

webfact

22 hours ago, Emdog said:

"It will cater to those who have already registered on the Mor Prom app and also those who have not."

No mention of us expats who've kept many businesses afloat at least for the past year.... considering the Mor Prom app allowed some of those with pink cards to register, only to be told later "sorry, no cigar, not for you" (unless that has changed once more... who can keep up?). Most of us would fall into the "those who have not" (because can not)... "My head is spinning" Covid symptom? No, just trying to follow government pronouncements...

Well you know the saying "<deleted>"  baffles brains. And there are certainly many baffled on this forum. As an ex fisherman I prefer the saying taken in "hook line and sinker "

• Like 1

@RobMuirRob, trying not to be negative at all but, I've just run this past the Mrs,  she asked me what vaccine is it ? I said I don't know & it wasn't stated but I suspected it would be the Sinovac jab, she basically told me they can shove it where the sun don't shine, I am prepared to wait for either Pfizer, Moderna or AstraZeneca & pay for us both, she is not from Chonburi but further along the coast where they do jewellery & fruit, so I don't know  if she's eligible here or not ???? 

Do you have a Mrs ? What does she say ?

13 hours ago, madmen said:

Just a few months back many farang here confident of June jab.

Your figures dont lie unfortunately. 

Even if Thailand magically had 91, 000, 000 vaccines sitting in cool rooms all across the country, that's a queue/s of 45, 500, 000 million people, twice.

Even if buying / manufacturing the vaccine was not an issue, it's months and months just to get it into people's arms.  

• Like 2

13 hours ago, kynikoi said:

The thing about Pattaya is that no one is native to the province. When I'd lived there I think I'd met half dozen women that were from Chonburi.

So, do they vaccinate only the registered Thai's, or anyone who presents themselves with their Thai ID Card? 

If vaccinating anyone who presents, how do they know how many vaccines are required for Pattaya / Chonburi?

29 minutes ago, Leaver said:

So, do they vaccinate only the registered Thai's, or anyone who presents themselves with their Thai ID Card? 

If vaccinating anyone who presents, how do they know how many vaccines are required for Pattaya / Chonburi?

It doesn't matter bc no one is getting vaccined. Currently, Sinovac and AZ are trickling out to hot zones. Some healthcare workers are getting Sinovac. That's the story morning glory.

App says August.

Smoke and mirrors.

Edited by kynikoi

45 minutes ago, kynikoi said:

It doesn't matter bc no one is getting vaccined. Currently, Sinovac and AZ are trickling out to hot zones. Some healthcare workers are getting Sinovac. That's the story morning glory.

App says August.

Smoke and mirrors.

I know it's smoke and mirrors. 

Merely pointing out that to release a statement like, "40,000 Thai's in Pattaya will be vaccinated" means very little.   

• Like 1

On 5/8/2021 at 9:07 AM, hotchilli said:

So basically biased then?

On 5/8/2021 at 12:10 PM, Sheryl said:

This month, I don't think they have much else to offer than Sinovac

It's going to be difficult to find 40,000 Thais willing to take Sinovac.  Lots of bad press on social media true or not.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Leaver said:

Even if Thailand magically had 91, 000, 000 vaccines sitting in cool rooms all across the country, that's a queue/s of 45, 500, 000 million people, twice.

Even if buying / manufacturing the vaccine was not an issue, it's months and months just to get it into people's arms.  

Some countries do more than a million a day. Thailand could be easily jabed in 2 months, if it wouldn't be Thailand.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Deli said:

Some countries do more than a million a day. Thailand could be easily jabed in 2 months, if it wouldn't be Thailand.

TiT.

Well into 2021, we still have no idea of their vaccination program.  

5 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

told me they can shove it where the sun don't shine,

I was just planning on taking mine in the arm.

the coast where they do jewellery 

Chantaburi, nice place

Do you have a Mrs ? What does she say ?

I tried a few times. But she wasn't up for it. Reckons it would hurt too much even with the KY.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

Thailand needs to step up infrastructure and training to allow qualified pharmacists to vaccinate. Having large stand alone sites will be too slow. And what about rural areas? 

I came back to Canada end of March. The city and surround area I'm in, population about 1 million, has over 500 vaccination locations including local pharmacies, clinics, and one day popups at hot spot businesses like meat packing plants. Biggest clinic has a capacity of 6000/day. Some are walk up, most by appointment. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, RobMuir said:

I was just planning on taking mine in the arm.

Chantaburi, nice place

I tried a few times. But she wasn't up for it. Reckons it would hurt too much even with the KY.

Remind me to not bother asking you an even slightly serious question if that's the best krap you can come up with, seriously dissapointed with your juvenile response.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Deli said:

Other than the USA which countries might that be?

10 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

Remind me to not bother asking you an even slightly serious question if that's the best krap you can come up with, seriously dissapointed with your juvenile response.

You were the one who raised the choc topic. 

But ok, the Thais I know are worried about the vaccine, but are not refusing it. It has risks, but the risks are outweighed by the risks of not taking it is the general consensus.

The most vocal about it was talking about it causing cancer, etc while puffing away on a cigarette which I pointed out to him.

On 5/9/2021 at 3:11 AM, Soikhaonoiken said:

more jabs = less infections 

Does the vaccine only stop the receiver from getting bad reactions if they catch Covid, eg from a non-masker. It does not prevent you from catching it, and subsequently passing it on.

12 hours ago, KannikaP said:

Does the vaccine only stop the receiver from getting bad reactions if they catch Covid, eg from a non-masker. It does not prevent you from catching it, and subsequently passing it on.

Hard to get numbers on such a scenario, but the vaccine appears to be very effective at preventing a person developing serious symptoms requiring hospitalization. It also has some benefit to preventing any infection and causing transmission, but less so. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, pontious said:

Well it is mid May and nothing happening at the stadium. They are still working on the entrance road.

Probably still negotiating the price for setting up food stalls at the front of the stadium.   ???? 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Probably still negotiating the price for setting up food stalls at the front of the stadium.   ???? 

Worse than that.  Multiple factions are probably duking it out over who gets the concession to do the sub-rentals.

I live in Ireland and am in my mid fifties. I just got this text message ????

"COVID-19 vaccine dose 1 appointment: Joseph xxxxxxx, age 5x Years

- When: Monday, 17 May 15:40 PM
- Where: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxcxc Vaccination Centre (CVC),
Xxxxxxxxxxxx
Xxxxxxccccc
Xxxxxxxxxxx

- Vaccine: Moderna
- Read the patient information leaflet: https://hse.ie/!LJUYHA

Bring your phone, photo ID and a face covering. If you do not bring photo ID, you cannot enter the vaccination centre.

Be on time but do not arrive more than 5 minutes before your appointment.

Read more about going to a vaccination centre: https://hse.ie/vacctr

If you need to:
-ask a question about your appointment, call the COVID-19 helpline on 1850 24 1850

NOTE: Do not reply to this message.