Sending a package to Europe

treetops

I have a package about 50 x 50 x 50cm, weighing about 3 or 4kg that I want to send to Italy.  It was delivered OK by courier within Thailand, but I don't think the heavy paper packaging is robust enough to make the longer trip.  Value of contents is < 1,000 baht.

What are the different options for re-packing and shipping?  Delivery time is not critical.

Even just re-packaging suggestions appreciated as I can take it next time I travel if necessary, but I don't know when that will be and I'd prefer to get it moved sooner rather than later.

Thanks.

There's usually a counter in the post office where they sell boxes and will package it up for you in a new box for a small fee.

I sent a couple of packages, one about 2kg and the other around 1kg to the UK this year, they took about 2 weeks for delivery.

Edited by ukrules
  • Thanks 1

You do NOT say what it is but.... Buy Bubble wrap, Tape scissors and string, Take to Thai Post they have boxes, Take a pen, full destination address and your address.

Tracking system with the number on your receipt.

write the track number in a safe place.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, treetops said:

Any particular delivery service I have to ask for at the PO, and any estimate as to cost?

It's a massage mat and headrest so not fragile in any way.

If you want to track it to destination ask for "Registered Airmail" unless you are sending it slowly by cheapest which is surface (boat)

SmartSelect_20210509-184756_Chrome.jpg