Jump to content

Recommended Posts

24 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Swimming pools OK for me,  better than swimming in some Thai beach waters along with the turds floating about. 

Samui was okay for most of the year.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My hobbies include solo yacht global circumnavigation, mountain climbing, lion taming, shark wrestling and lying about my hobbies.

I could have asked"What are you doing for fun" but not that kind of fun. Of course there are many members who are working everyday and have no time for hobbies. I think most retired old folk

Shortwave amateur radio - I'm the only radio ham in Laos (Thailand has over 100.000 radio amateurs...).  I spend a lot of my hobby time making and testing different radio antenna systems, such as rece

Posted Images

Loved tennis, golf, motorcycle riding and long distance walking & cycling back in farangland. But far too hot and humid up here for any of that. 
 

So it’s only water-based (swimming, yachting) and air conditioned (gym, “entertaining” hotties) activities now. 
 


 


 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GreasyFingers said:

Samui was okay for most of the year.

Well Samui is one of our holiday visits if when we get there and we no like we go somewhere else.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Nemises said:

Loved tennis, golf, motorcycle riding and long distance walking & cycling back in farangland. But far too hot and humid up here for any of that. 
 


 


 


 

 

I hit off at 6.30 am, winter in Chiang Rai I needed a pullover on top of the golf shirt.

Link to post
Share on other sites

My only hobby would be going on this forum, though since world news ended it occupies a lot less of my time previously.

When I get a bit of spare time, jigsaws are good for keeping the grey cells operational.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I stay busy with Golf, motorcycle riding, scuba diving, bicycle riding, swimming and travel around the LOS at will..... Love my time here and enjoy the people i meet along the many hobbies... 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Mansell said:

Let me preface this by saying I’m 77 years young. I play doubles tennis twice a week, badminton with the family, ride bicycle couple of times a week, kayak occasionally, ride Kawasaki occasionally, reading is extremely important to me, and I enjoy walking. Enjoy most sports, but the body cannot do things like surfing anymore. I think it important to keep moving to stay flexible and young.

 

Still riding at 77 there is hope, yet, for us all. 

I also ride a Kawasaki.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, BritManToo said:

My hobbies ....... hookers and booze.

I spend all my money on cheap women and cheap wine.

The rest I squander. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, BritManToo said:

My hobbies ....... hookers and booze.

I'm getting a bit old for the hookers now, very soon my only hobby will be booze.

Hopefully I'll be able to continue with the booze hobby until the day I die.

Jimmy Demaret said golf and sex are the only two things in life one can enjoy without being good at it.

Oscar Wilde said of sex the expense is abominable, the position ridiculous, and the pleasure fleeting.

I'm sticking with golf, 9 holes takes me about an hour, unless I'm stuck behind Koreans or Thais.

AFAIK neither golf or sex will kill you. Statistically, booze has a pretty good chance of so doing.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Lacessit said:

I hit off at 6.30 am, winter in Chiang Rai I needed a pullover on top of the golf shirt.

 

There's also the occasional cool morning in the hotter regions of Thailand to play golf, but nowhere near enough of them (for my liking anyway) to play golf regularly, year-round. Hence I now much prefer water-based and air conditioned hobbies...especially with so many little Thai cuties on tap.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Muay Thai 5 times a week, swimming lessons to try and improve my technique, learning to play the piano, and recently taken up paddle boarding. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Cleaning the dropping from the inside of cuckoo clocks and cutting corks to fit flies anuses <deleted>. 🤪

Edited by Gandtee
spelling
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Why has the word <deleted> been deleted from my post and anus not? Both old English words. Perhaps the Latin anus is more politically correct? Or the new normal.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Jimmy Demaret said golf and sex are the only two things in life one can enjoy without being good at it.

Oscar Wilde said of sex the expense is abominable, the position ridiculous, and the pleasure fleeting.

I'm sticking with golf, 9 holes takes me about an hour, unless I'm stuck behind Koreans or Thais.

AFAIK neither golf or sex will kill you. Statistically, booze has a pretty good chance of so doing.

Unprotected sex could kill you.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Tom89 said:

Thanks Steve

I liked the Volantex Ranger with a 63 inch wingspan. But you have to buy separately the Transmitter Receiver and motor. You can also add a camera which is fun. I used to have one in my glider, and it was a hoot looking at the video of flying it back to myself and catching it by the nose. The most important thing with the transmitter is the range. A glider can get into thermals and go up like an elevator and you have to force yourself to dive out of the thermal or bye bye. The kind I had in California were excellent and multi channels constantly changing. Years ago before multichannel they would interfere with another planes channel and crashes would happen. If you don’t have a powered glider you have to find a high hill with wind and thermals to get the glider flying. Though there is something called a Hi Start, which is basically a huge rubber band to tow the plane up with. Flying is fun and relaxing when you get good.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

 

Still riding at 77 there is hope, yet, for us all. 

I also ride a Kawasaki.

The actor Sir Ralph Richardson was still riding in his 80’s. Good role model.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Mansell said:

I liked the Volantex Ranger with a 63 inch wingspan. But you have to buy separately the Transmitter Receiver and motor. You can also add a camera which is fun. I used to have one in my glider, and it was a hoot looking at the video of flying it back to myself and catching it by the nose. The most important thing with the transmitter is the range. A glider can get into thermals and go up like an elevator and you have to force yourself to dive out of the thermal or bye bye. The kind I had in California were excellent and multi channels constantly changing. Years ago before multichannel they would interfere with another planes channel and crashes would happen. If you don’t have a powered glider you have to find a high hill with wind and thermals to get the glider flying. Though there is something called a Hi Start, which is basically a huge rubber band to tow the plane up with. Flying is fun and relaxing when you get good.

Well I'm a complete noob so I'm going to keep it simple. I'll most likely get a RTF powered glider with everything included. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

in Thailand i was able to combine my two hobbies, photography and gynecology. 

Yes you mentioned that before,are you not here anymore?

Who will support the girls in HH now?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Lots of hobbies that I do both in Thailand and in my home country.  Running, Cycling, Photography, hiking, meeting up with friends to drink beer, finding new places to eat out at, and mangling the Thai language.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

My only hobby would be going on this forum, though since world news ended it occupies a lot less of my time previously.

When I get a bit of spare time, jigsaws are good for keeping the grey cells operational.

IMO best exercise to keep the grey cells operational is driving a scooter in Thailand.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, possum1931 said:

Unprotected sex could kill you.

Only with a person you don't know 100%

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Used to race pigeons but they always won so got bored of that. 
 

Agree with Lacessit above, I spend hours on my scooter when over. Few pit stops en route and the days fly in. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, covidiot said:

I spend all my money on cheap women and cheap wine.

The rest I squander. 

Another relation of George Best.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NCC1701A said:

in Thailand i was able to combine my two hobbies, photography and gynecology. 

Yes, I know about the other forum you are on. Thank you for hours of viewing pleasure.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, possum1931 said:

Unprotected sex could kill you.

 

So could having a great big pole up your backside.

 

There is a greater chance you will die on the roads (anywhere in the world) than from sex.

 

People have these crazy, irrational fears of things that are super rare and unlikely to happen and they forget about what kills the vast majority of humans: heart attack, stroke, cancer, accidents/injury.

 

If you can avoid those big 4 for long enough, it doesn't matter how many girlfriends you date.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 2009 said:

 

So could having a great big pole up your backside.

 

There is a greater chance you will die on the roads (anywhere in the world) than from sex.

 

People have these crazy, irrational fears of things that are super rare and unlikely to happen and they forget about what kills the vast majority of humans: heart attack, stroke, cancer, accidents/injury.

 

If you can avoid those big 4 for long enough, it doesn't matter how many girlfriends you date.

I don't disagree with your post at all, I had no need for any protection as I was never a monger, but being older now and not as handsome as I once was, if I found myself single again, I know I would not attract the girls the way I used to, I would probably monger, but I would always use protection.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...