What kind of hobbies do you have?

jvs

Loved tennis, golf, motorcycle riding and long distance walking & cycling back in farangland. But far too hot and humid up here for any of that. 

So it’s only water-based (swimming, yachting) and air conditioned (gym, “entertaining” hotties) activities now. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nemises said:

Loved tennis, golf, motorcycle riding and long distance walking & cycling back in farangland. But far too hot and humid up here for any of that. 

I hit off at 6.30 am, winter in Chiang Rai I needed a pullover on top of the golf shirt.

7 hours ago, Mansell said:

Let me preface this by saying I’m 77 years young. I play doubles tennis twice a week, badminton with the family, ride bicycle couple of times a week, kayak occasionally, ride Kawasaki occasionally, reading is extremely important to me, and I enjoy walking. Enjoy most sports, but the body cannot do things like surfing anymore. I think it important to keep moving to stay flexible and young.

Still riding at 77 there is hope, yet, for us all. 

I also ride a Kawasaki.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BritManToo said:

My hobbies ....... hookers and booze.

I'm getting a bit old for the hookers now, very soon my only hobby will be booze.

Hopefully I'll be able to continue with the booze hobby until the day I die.

Jimmy Demaret said golf and sex are the only two things in life one can enjoy without being good at it.

Oscar Wilde said of sex the expense is abominable, the position ridiculous, and the pleasure fleeting.

I'm sticking with golf, 9 holes takes me about an hour, unless I'm stuck behind Koreans or Thais.

AFAIK neither golf or sex will kill you. Statistically, booze has a pretty good chance of so doing.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Lacessit said:

I hit off at 6.30 am, winter in Chiang Rai I needed a pullover on top of the golf shirt.

There's also the occasional cool morning in the hotter regions of Thailand to play golf, but nowhere near enough of them (for my liking anyway) to play golf regularly, year-round. Hence I now much prefer water-based and air conditioned hobbies...especially with so many little Thai cuties on tap.

6 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Jimmy Demaret said golf and sex are the only two things in life one can enjoy without being good at it.

Oscar Wilde said of sex the expense is abominable, the position ridiculous, and the pleasure fleeting.

I'm sticking with golf, 9 holes takes me about an hour, unless I'm stuck behind Koreans or Thais.

AFAIK neither golf or sex will kill you. Statistically, booze has a pretty good chance of so doing.

Unprotected sex could kill you.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Tom89 said:

Thanks Steve

I liked the Volantex Ranger with a 63 inch wingspan. But you have to buy separately the Transmitter Receiver and motor. You can also add a camera which is fun. I used to have one in my glider, and it was a hoot looking at the video of flying it back to myself and catching it by the nose. The most important thing with the transmitter is the range. A glider can get into thermals and go up like an elevator and you have to force yourself to dive out of the thermal or bye bye. The kind I had in California were excellent and multi channels constantly changing. Years ago before multichannel they would interfere with another planes channel and crashes would happen. If you don’t have a powered glider you have to find a high hill with wind and thermals to get the glider flying. Though there is something called a Hi Start, which is basically a huge rubber band to tow the plane up with. Flying is fun and relaxing when you get good.

15 minutes ago, Mansell said:

I liked the Volantex Ranger with a 63 inch wingspan. But you have to buy separately the Transmitter Receiver and motor. You can also add a camera which is fun. I used to have one in my glider, and it was a hoot looking at the video of flying it back to myself and catching it by the nose. The most important thing with the transmitter is the range. A glider can get into thermals and go up like an elevator and you have to force yourself to dive out of the thermal or bye bye. The kind I had in California were excellent and multi channels constantly changing. Years ago before multichannel they would interfere with another planes channel and crashes would happen. If you don’t have a powered glider you have to find a high hill with wind and thermals to get the glider flying. Though there is something called a Hi Start, which is basically a huge rubber band to tow the plane up with. Flying is fun and relaxing when you get good.

Well I'm a complete noob so I'm going to keep it simple. I'll most likely get a RTF powered glider with everything included. 

48 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

in Thailand i was able to combine my two hobbies, photography and gynecology. 

Yes you mentioned that before,are you not here anymore?

Who will support the girls in HH now?

14 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

My only hobby would be going on this forum, though since world news ended it occupies a lot less of my time previously.

When I get a bit of spare time, jigsaws are good for keeping the grey cells operational.

IMO best exercise to keep the grey cells operational is driving a scooter in Thailand.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NCC1701A said:

in Thailand i was able to combine my two hobbies, photography and gynecology. 

Yes, I know about the other forum you are on. Thank you for hours of viewing pleasure.

2 hours ago, possum1931 said:

Unprotected sex could kill you.

So could having a great big pole up your backside.

There is a greater chance you will die on the roads (anywhere in the world) than from sex.

People have these crazy, irrational fears of things that are super rare and unlikely to happen and they forget about what kills the vast majority of humans: heart attack, stroke, cancer, accidents/injury.

If you can avoid those big 4 for long enough, it doesn't matter how many girlfriends you date.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 2009 said:

So could having a great big pole up your backside.

There is a greater chance you will die on the roads (anywhere in the world) than from sex.

People have these crazy, irrational fears of things that are super rare and unlikely to happen and they forget about what kills the vast majority of humans: heart attack, stroke, cancer, accidents/injury.

If you can avoid those big 4 for long enough, it doesn't matter how many girlfriends you date.

I don't disagree with your post at all, I had no need for any protection as I was never a monger, but being older now and not as handsome as I once was, if I found myself single again, I know I would not attract the girls the way I used to, I would probably monger, but I would always use protection.

• Like 1