What kind of hobbies do you have?

jvs

On 5/11/2021 at 9:43 PM, jvs said:

I can give you some basic tips,if you like.

Only if you are a hottie. And that's for me to decide. 555

The training is not in technique but stamina. I have no problems in the stamina department and want to keep it that way.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, herfiehandbag said:

I believe there is one in Chiang Rai, a couple of hundred metres before the rear entrance to Central Plaza. Leastways they have a big yellow RC airplane in the window. I will have s look when I am next in town and send you some pics if you like.

OK found it thanks 

https://goo.gl/maps/TbJiSExWiTsZi6k26

https://goo.gl/maps/wwuJcQUnBQxagMb19

Edited by VocalNeal

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

The glory days of steam rail, before the diesel destroyed the romance of it.

Yes. 

But.

Lighting up and preparing (oiling round underneath) a recalcitrant 80 year old GWR steam locomotive, in the early hours of a December morning, to work that days Santa Specials, as the wind and rain sweep in over Minehead's sea front, has very little glory and <deleted> all romance!

I spent many (happy) years working in my spare time as an amateur railwayman on one of the UK's steam heritage railways.

Happy days!

Edited by herfiehandbag
  • Like 1

On 5/12/2021 at 12:58 AM, Tug said:

Excellent advice for a newbie to RC joining a club and getting the help to learn is a must since the wife won’t let me fly full scale any more I’m only doing rc thease days All in the states I have quite the collection my biggest is my 1/4 scale minnimoa the wingspan is 17foot 4 inches (slope and aero tow only)I also have a 1/4 scale fesiler storch  I’m putting together to use as a tow plane for the minnimoa two old German classics lol I’m using futaba radio gear I’ll be shuffling some of it over as soon as the pandemic eases rc is fun good for the eyes hands and brain (can be hazardous to your heart)when you auger in lol sky’s!!

Futaba radio is the best. Pity you cannot buy them here.

On 5/14/2021 at 4:15 PM, herfiehandbag said:

Yes. 

But.

Lighting up and preparing (oiling round underneath) a recalcitrant 80 year old GWR steam locomotive, in the early hours of a December morning, to work that days Santa Specials, as the wind and rain sweep in over Minehead's sea front, has very little glory and <deleted> all romance!

I spent many (happy) years working in my spare time as an amateur railwayman on one of the UK's steam heritage railways.

Happy days!

True, but.

I'll bet not many schoolboys gather to watch the 9.10 to Wherever diesel pass by and make a note of it in their railway book.

They belonged in a different age, when Britain was Great and the battleship ruled the waves. I doubt we'll see such again.

Sadly we don't seem to have become more enlightened and still seek better way to kill each other while children starve.

Edited by thaibeachlovers

On 5/20/2021 at 10:49 AM, Mansell said:

Futaba radio is the best. Pity you cannot buy them here.

Futaba is available in Thailand, good equipment but expensive.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.tommotor-rc.com/&ved=2ahUKEwj769n13dzwAhXp4HMBHWkGDTsQ_BcwBHoECBYQAw&usg=AOvVaw0MxNoIxTqqy7Jj2L1Z4N0K

I started with a Flysky FSi6X which I used for a year, 1,400 baht with a receiver. Good beginner radio but as the price suggests, cheap. Moved on to a Radiomaster TX16S, 5,300 baht from a Thai dealer on Lazada, has all the bells and whistles and uses Open TX which allows it to connect with multiple brands of reciever.