What kind of hobbies do you have?

jvs

47 minutes ago, 2009 said:

If you can avoid those big 4 for long enough, it doesn't matter how many girlfriends you date.

I have been at serious risk of injury from Western women who insisted on the woman on top position, due to their weight, and their vigor in pursuing satisfaction.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Another relation of George Best.

Yes, I totally ripped off that quote from George Best.

Here is the exact quote:

"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered."

• Like 1

I work with music "field recordings" from the 60's until recently (audience, FM, pre-FM, soundboard recordings, studio outtakes, and whatnot). Sometimes a little remastering, often just keeping them in circulation via free download sites. Currently aquired a new appreciation of Santana in 1973 via the various soundboards that exist. Just did a new composite of a Santana 1978 radio broadcast that didn't exist before.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Mansell said:

I liked the Volantex Ranger with a 63 inch wingspan. But you have to buy separately the Transmitter Receiver and motor. You can also add a camera which is fun. I used to have one in my glider, and it was a hoot looking at the video of flying it back to myself and catching it by the nose. The most important thing with the transmitter is the range. A glider can get into thermals and go up like an elevator and you have to force yourself to dive out of the thermal or bye bye. The kind I had in California were excellent and multi channels constantly changing. Years ago before multichannel they would interfere with another planes channel and crashes would happen. If you don’t have a powered glider you have to find a high hill with wind and thermals to get the glider flying. Though there is something called a Hi Start, which is basically a huge rubber band to tow the plane up with. Flying is fun and relaxing when you get good.

Excellent advice for a newbie to RC joining a club and getting the help to learn is a must since the wife won’t let me fly full scale any more I’m only doing rc thease days All in the states I have quite the collection my biggest is my 1/4 scale minnimoa the wingspan is 17foot 4 inches (slope and aero tow only)I also have a 1/4 scale fesiler storch  I’m putting together to use as a tow plane for the minnimoa two old German classics lol I’m using futaba radio gear I’ll be shuffling some of it over as soon as the pandemic eases rc is fun good for the eyes hands and brain (can be hazardous to your heart)when you auger in lol sky’s!!

40 minutes ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

Playing Guitar and singing badly. Stargazing, travelling, camping, Reading, flying my mini drone, and relaxing beside a

lake or the ocean. Generally enjoying life.

Geezer

Have you ever been to inland New South Wales? Very little man-made light interference, crystal clear skies.

I used to get up out of bed at 2 am, just for the night sky. I could see galaxies behind the Milky Way, like clumps of cotton wool.

Anyone seeing that realizes how insignificant we are.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Have you ever been to inland New South Wales? Very little man-made light interference, crystal clear skies.

I used to get up out of bed at 2 am, just for the night sky. I could see galaxies behind the Milky Way, like clumps of cotton wool.

Anyone seeing that realizes how insignificant we are.

Don’t need to go inland NSW to see beyond the Milky Way. Coastal areas, well away from city lights, just as good. 

We often drive overnight SYD-BNE taking breaks at rest areas located a few hundred metres from the road and a few hundred kilometres from the nearest town...breathtaking views of the stars!

On 5/11/2021 at 12:13 PM, Gandtee said:

Why has the word <deleted> been deleted from my post and anus not? Both old English words. Perhaps the Latin anus is more politically correct? Or the new normal.

I believe the software is programmed to remove certain words. Entirely automatic procedure.

23 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I believe the software is programmed to remove certain words. Entirely automatic procedure.

Another example of programming machines to control our lives. What a load of <deleted>. Will that be deleted by Robo Censer?????

33 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Perhaps the Latin anus is more politically correct?

Latin according to at least one TVF mod is a foreign language and therefore should not be  allowed. I <deleted> you not.

6 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

Latin according to at least one TVF mod is a foreign language and therefore should not be  allowed. I <deleted> you not.

8 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

Oh come on. The Latin anus is not to be sniffed at.????

On 5/11/2021 at 6:54 AM, phetphet said:

Muay Thai 5 times a week, swimming lessons to try and improve my technique, learning to play the piano, and recently taken up paddle boarding. 

I have been having some trouble with my eyesight lately.   Could you tell me how much you charge for boarding poodles

.Poodle Puppy Images, Stock Photos & Vectors | Shutterstock

Edited by rumak
  • Haha 2

On 5/10/2021 at 7:38 AM, BritManToo said:

My hobbies ....... hookers and booze.

I'm getting a bit old for the hookers now, very soon my only hobby will be booze.

Hopefully I'll be able to continue with the booze hobby until the day I die.

That's exactly why you need a REAL hobby - to moderate the drinking.

Best of luck. 

Edited by covidiot

On 5/10/2021 at 3:01 PM, Tom89 said:

That's something I've been interested in doing. In particular I'm interested in RC gliders. Any advice on shops and how to get started here in Thailand? I live in north Thailand. 

I believe there is one in Chiang Rai, a couple of hundred metres before the rear entrance to Central Plaza. Leastways they have a big yellow RC airplane in the window. I will have s look when I am next in town and send you some pics if you like.

For me, it is building a model railway, N gauge "might have been" branch line terminus based on the Somerset and Dorset set in the early 1960s.

10 hours ago, herfiehandbag said:

For me, it is building a model railway, N gauge "might have been" branch line terminus based on the Somerset and Dorset set in the early 1960s.

The glory days of steam rail, before the diesel destroyed the romance of it.