Nine student nurses suffer side effects after Sinovac vaccination

webfact

2 hours ago, madmen said:

Same here, dead tired 2days and not looking forward to the second dose. 

I'm  like  that every day so  maybe I won't  even notice.

My Mum in  England  had it no side  effects  at  all, she  still thinks  she'll get a cup of  tea and some  boiscuits, both shots  in her  90's.

2 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

I've read the same symptoms from many after their second dose.  My friend in the US just got his second Pfizer jab.  He was in bed for almost 2 days.  Another friend got his second jab and nothing.  Another is suffering pain in his arm 2 months after his second jab.  Hard to tell what's going to happen.

I got Pfizer first shot ..nothing but slight arm pain at injection site----get my 2nd on 19th....will try to report back....

In related news any shot of sangsom can leave me in bed a few days ???? possible covid cure???

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, irishman25 said:

NOTE If the person giving the vaccine does not do it correct then the same happens everywhere they give the vaccine same recurs it must be done correctly   

Also, are they adhering to the correct vaccination procedures? Like leaving it out in the heat which may cause it to spoil. How the vaccine is administered (where they place the shot on your arm) has a lot to do with the pain the next day. My first Moderna practically nothing left arm. Second right arm up slightly higher hurt the next 2 days.

daughter had her first sinovac vaccine last week as she is training to be a doctor and is doing her time after uni at the local hospital, she stayed  with us for 2 days to make sure she was ok, all she complained about was soreness around the injection site on her arm

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

It's just junk.

The city of Serrana in Brazil has innoculated over 98% of its adult population with Coronavac. Hospitalizations and deaths have plummeted. If that's your idea of junk, then "junk" has taken on a whole new meaning.

A Small Brazilian Town Is Beating Covid-19 Through a Unique Experiment

Serrana starts to return to normal as the pandemic continues to rage across the rest of the country

https://www.wsj.com/articles/brazilian-towns-mass-vaccination-creates-oasis-of-well-being-11620392401

How a small city in Brazil may reveal how fast vaccines can curb COVID-19

"In the beginning of May, none of the six infirmary beds at Serrana’s Santa Casa Hospital and the city’s Basic Healthcare Unit are occupied, and the waiting line for beds both in infirmaries and intensive care units has zeroed. As of May 3, there is one Serrana resident in an infirmary and nine patients in an ICU, according to the Serrana Health Secretariat.

Nurse Glenda de Moraes, who has worked for two decades in Serrana and is involved in the coordination of Projeto S, says that positive test results have dropped, too, “to less than 20 percent [per day], way less than the 30 to 40 percent of positives we had before.”

https://www.sciencenews.org/article/coronavirus-pandemic-serrana-brazil-covid-mass-vaccine

• Haha 1

I do not have specific info on side effects of the Sinovac vaccine but two weeks ago there was a nice article in the Lancet describing side effects (NOT including rare conditions such as blood clots and the like) in people in the UK vaccinated with either Pfizer or AZ (mostly applying to first dose only as few second dose had been delivered). Each group consisted of ca 300,000 persons, so fairly limited. You have to read it for yourself (https://www.thelancet.com/journals/laninf/article/PIIS1473-3099(21)00224-3/fulltext), but some of the main observations:

1. Systemic side effects  were reported in  13.5% of the Pfizer and  34% in the AZ group, respectively, with the bulk of complaints being  headache and fatigue.

2. Local effects were reported by 72% in the Pfizer and 59% in the AZ group, with the bulk of complaints being tenderness and pain at the injection side.

3. Side effects were usually most severe after one day and then subsided but might take a week to disappear completely.

4. Data on side effects after a 2nd dose (only reported for Pfizer) are limited, but showed an increase in systemic effects (to 22%) whereas local effects were comparable to the first shot (69%).

In general it would seem that the various complaints are typical for any vaccination (not specifically COVID).

Edited by cormanr7
spelling error
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, placeholder said:

The city of Serrana in Brazil has innoculated over 98% of its adult population with Coronavac. Hospitalizations and deaths have plummeted. If that's your idea of junk, then "junk" has taken on a whole new meaning.

A Small Brazilian Town Is Beating Covid-19 Through a Unique Experiment

Serrana starts to return to normal as the pandemic continues to rage across the rest of the country

https://www.wsj.com/articles/brazilian-towns-mass-vaccination-creates-oasis-of-well-being-11620392401

How a small city in Brazil may reveal how fast vaccines can curb COVID-19

"In the beginning of May, none of the six infirmary beds at Serrana’s Santa Casa Hospital and the city’s Basic Healthcare Unit are occupied, and the waiting line for beds both in infirmaries and intensive care units has zeroed. As of May 3, there is one Serrana resident in an infirmary and nine patients in an ICU, according to the Serrana Health Secretariat.

Nurse Glenda de Moraes, who has worked for two decades in Serrana and is involved in the coordination of Projeto S, says that positive test results have dropped, too, “to less than 20 percent [per day], way less than the 30 to 40 percent of positives we had before.”

https://www.sciencenews.org/article/coronavirus-pandemic-serrana-brazil-covid-mass-vaccine

Go ahead and be my guest and jab away. Not me or my family in any long shot.

• Thanks 1

"Her condition gradually improved after pillows were used to help her to breathe more comfortably"

Sorry, but side effects at such a low level are to be expected and not at all newsworthy. Breathing difficulties relieved by cleverly positioned pillows, really? Can't have been very serious then.

Just now, Caldera said:

"Her condition gradually improved after pillows were used to help her to breathe more comfortably"

Sorry, but side effects at such a low level are to be expected and not at all newsworthy. Breathing difficulties relieved by cleverly positioned pillows, really? Can't have been very serious then.

9 people out of 88 is not low level, its more than 10%.

• Like 1

That just about does it.  If I am offered Sinovac when I go for my appointment next month, I think I will pass.  Anutin declared it is safe for over 60s just because Sinovac, a dishonest company that has been caught paying bribes to regulators in China, says so.  The WHO said there was no compelling evidence that it is safe for over 60s.  Sinovac has not submitted its stage 3 trial results for publication in a respected peer reviewed journal.  If  there are lots of bad side effects in China, you can be sure that has been covered up.  In exchange for the unknown risk, you get unknown protection which is by all acccounts is at the low end of the range. 

4 hours ago, mrfill said:

That is Sinopharm not Sinovac. Different vaccinbes made by different companies.

Both Sinopharm and Sinovac submitted date to WHO in March but so far only Sinopharm has been approved.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-who-china-vaccines-idUSKBN2BN1K8

They try to create a misogynist narrative that nurses suffer from hysteria not side effects of a low quality Chinese vaccine imported for a high price.  The victims are given Amitriptyline and other depressants to calm down their hysteria.

9 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

This ones going to be like a dog-whistle for the Anti-vaxxers !!! 

I am not an anti vaxxer if i can get the moderna soon i will for sure , but 9 out of 88 C'mon that must even make you thinking . 

• Like 2