Foreigners' vaccination: Mobile app to be available or direct contact with hospitals from June

webfact

1 hour ago, Banana7 said:

The photo is real life here in Thailand. It has nothing to do any conspiracy theories. There are alternative vaccines to Sinovac that don't cause these side effects.

Why continue to sprout this misinformation about Sinovac. Modernas vaccine also caused skin reaction which will be gone after few days. Really nothing alarming. 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/modernas-jab-can-cause-skin-reactions-11-days-after-vaccination/ar-BB1ef08Q

• Confused 2

26 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Seems pretty weak for those who are not willing to pay 100 bucks for a quality vaccine and instead, will wait till one is free.

I guess their lives and others are not worth much to them.

Seems sad, cheap and irresponsible. 

Why pay 100 bucks when you can get a quality vaccine for free?

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, finnsk said:

If the private hosptals get Moderna vaccine, and do the jabs at 3000 Baht, Then I think I will not wait for some free Chinese sh..

It seems that Pfizer and Moderna is the best vaccines, with the best technologi and close to no side effects.

But all depends on the time frames.

Would that be the Chinese vaccine approved by WHO?

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, finnsk said:

It seems that Pfizer and Moderna is the best vaccines, with the best technologi and close to no side effects.

But of course no side effect in short time. We will see what could happen in long term. I'm not really a fan of RNA type. I prefer Astra Zeneca that perhaps will be available in Thailand by Thai lab. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

35 minutes ago, Saltire said:

They have stated in the daily video PR briefings, due to issues such as English speaking, foreigners should be vaccinated in separate centres and have announced only 1 so far in Bangkok. I can't see them having a dedicated centre for every province so am thinking some of us may have to travel to get the jab.

I think that it would be even less likely that they would only have one centre in the entire country.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bdenner said:

Just waiting for @Scott to start another "poll" on when this announcement will "flip flop".

Or is it a "flip flop" from a previous thread, in my olde age I'm loosing track of all this schite!

not a flip-flop at all, Different Ministry.
But in any case, it makes one wonder what Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Ministry of the Interior and Tourism Authority has to do with how Ministry of Health handles its job.  
The Centralised Leadership of Covid response will surely soon inform the underlings what the roadmap is, so each can focus and get on with his/her real job. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, The Theory said:

I'm not really a fan of RNA type. I prefer Astra Zeneca

why?
educate us so one can make an informed decision.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, crazykopite said:

All my family and relatives in the U.K. and there a lot of them have had the AZ the youngest being 30 and non of them have had any issues so I will be getting the AZ if it’s good enough for them it’s good enough for me and I’m 70 years young there is more chance of me being killed by a drunk Thai than of dying from the AZ

I am currently in Australia, received Ist Jab of Astrazenica 21st April, no reaction at all, 2nd jab due in July. I am 74.

3 friends have also received Astrazenica, no reactions, so as far as i am concerned Astrazenica is ok. Also worth noting that vaccinations all at general practitioners,  not hospital,And also recorded on Australian Goverment medicare site, so very easy and simple. Hopefully will be recognised when able to travel

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RobMuir said:

Have you tried calling your embassy? 

I think we should all be grateful to the Thai authorities to consider us.

Personally I will just pay for the Moderna vaccine, but for those who are struggling financially this will be helpful even if they don't appreciate it.

And I hope the Thais receiving free vaccines in the UK and Europe and the USA are equally grateful to the respective governments and also further grateful at the speed they were rolled out and with no confusion as to who could and could not receive them.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

If it's 13 numbers probably, I got started on it with my tax number, have a go. My Mrs went wrong typing the hospital in English

25 minutes ago, steveb6 said:

If I have a  Thai social security number but no pink card can I register

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bkk6060 said:

Seems pretty weak for those who are not willing to pay 100 bucks for a quality vaccine and instead, will wait till one is free.

I guess their lives and others are not worth much to them.

Seems sad, cheap and irresponsible. 

In your opinion what is a quality vaccine ? seems you have loads of dosh why don't you go back to your own country and get ( a quality vaccine )!!!! 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, clivebaxter said:

If it's 13 numbers probably, I got started on it with my tax number, have a go. My Mrs went wrong typing the hospital in English

you can go in person to a government hospital and register with your passport 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Foreigners again!? 

More discrimination.   

How about tax payers? How about PEOPLE who live , work and spend they're hard earned dollars n Thailand? 

I still am befuddled, people of political positions are still allowed to be racists, or speak as if they are racists.

There is no Farangland. No Foreignland.

3 hours ago, Sheryl said:

People report being able to just enter a dash in that line and register

But you will need to enter your name as spelled in Thai

The dash didn't work for me but there is an option to click that you don't have that second number. got accepted now.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, PEE TEE said:

In your opinion what is a quality vaccine ? seems you have loads of dosh why don't you go back to your own country and get ( a quality vaccine )!!!! 

Like it's a crime to want a better vaccine. Geez!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, webfact said:

Foreigners living in Thailand will be able to register for vaccinations against Covid-19 from June using either a mobile app or direct contact with hospitals. 

Blah blah blah; yada yada yada. 
I'll believe it when it's up and working. Until then?
Flip-Flop.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Theory said:

But of course no side effect in short time. We will see what could happen in long term. I'm not really a fan of RNA type. I prefer Astra Zeneca that perhaps will be available in Thailand by Thai lab. 

My buddy in Wales got the AZ shot ! Whats good enough for him is good enough for me! Besides getting the shot is one step closer to being able to contribute to my life's travel bucket list ,that would be anywhere that has ocean beaches and G string bathing beauties 

Edited by riclag

No information on what types of vaccinations are available. Right now vaccinations are coming from China, the same country that loosened the virus on the world. I would never take a vaccination from China. I will wait for Pfizer - if the government ever orders it. It seems that our government is totally in bed with Communist China. How can any person in their right mind trust anything coming out of China? However, at 74 I will not take the vaccination - a jab they call it nowadays - until international travel is lifted. The airlines will not allow anyone onboard if they do not take the vaccination. Sure wish I had stock in these pharmaceutical corporations. They are make trillions of dollars.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, crazykopite said:

All my family and relatives in the U.K. and there a lot of them have had the AZ the youngest being 30 and non of them have had any issues so I will be getting the AZ if it’s good enough for them it’s good enough for me and I’m 70 years young there is more chance of me being killed by a drunk Thai than of dying from the AZ

You can get it as you are over 70. But the policy here at the moment is that az is only for those 60+. 

• Like 1