Foreigners' vaccination: Mobile app to be available or direct contact with hospitals from June

webfact

It seems a bit strange to me that 'NGO' personnel jump the queue ahead of 'other' foreigners in the general population that would be at higher risk.  What makes NGO personnel so special?  Will foreigners be allowed to go any hospital to register if we can't register with the app?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

41 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

The last word from a CCSA spokesman in a EN news briefing last week was that the government is going to update the current Mor Prom app for Thais to allow foreigners to register with it, using their passport numbers, when the time comes. But they haven't updated that app yet!!!

The other bit of info, alluded to above, is that they're planning to use Bangrak Hospital in Bangkok as one of the vaccination centers specifically set up for foreigners with EN speaking staff on site. The spokesman who mentioned that also indicated there likely will be other such locations for foreigners as well, they just haven't identified them publicly yet.

The "Thai" Mor Prom app was updated to Version 2 recently. Still no "Expat" app....I really must invest in a pair of binoculars to help me see further down the road but with all the smoke and mirrors I'm not sure if that would help!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Dogmatix said:

So will they drag foreigners who managed to register in the Mor Prom app kicking and screaming out of the queue?

Excellent question. Suggest you address it to @PR Thai Government via  twitter or facebook

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

Because the system for Thais is based on Thai ID numbers. And is entirely in Thai, including need to type in entries in Thai.

The article is incorrect in stating that foreigners are unable to register on the current app. Some can and have. But only those with a Thai ID number and able to navigate the Thai language aspect.  

Besides the Thai ID number, which you have if you have social security, you need the number of the back of the pink id card to register. So Thai ID isn't enough.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

Besides the Thai ID number, which you have if you have social security, you need the number of the back of the pink id card to register. So Thai ID isn't enough.

People report being able to just enter a dash in that line and register

But you will need to enter your name as spelled in Thai

• Like 2

Reading between the lines and feel free to correct me, as this announced plan is for starting to book in June it sounds to me that could be negative news for high risk expats (over 60 / certain health conditions) who had hoped to be included in the June start date (booking in May) the same schedule as Thais.

Possible exceptions of course are the expats that managed to book with the current Thaicentric booking tool if those bookings are actually honored.

Edited by Jingthing

Foreign migrant workers who are especially at risk will go first, followed by embassy and NGO personnel then foreigners living in the country. 

The above doesn't make sense to me!

A foreign migrant would be at less risk than an elderly or older foreigner unless they were  in the high risk group. Is this just poor translation?

By and large, around the world they have classed people over a certain age and people with pre-existing conditions such as cancer, respiratory illnesses, diabetes etc as the high risk groups.

3 hours ago, club said:

Agree, Pfizer and Moderna are the best and if offered to me before I go to the USA in November i would gladly pay for it

I would prefer to be fully vaccinated before I travel 7000 miles, and my insurance would cover the cost of vaccine here