Can't sleep in ASQ

sead

On 5/13/2021 at 12:34 PM, sead said:

They can have spayed the room with some heavy chemicals i agree. My 3 first days my heart went crazy like on meth. Geting better now after 6 days though. Haven't seen a mosquito so far, even with balcony open 

How do you know what meth’s like?  I have no clue what meth is like and I never will. 

15 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

That is called an anxiety issue.  You need to try and meditate.  Panic attacks are also common when your mind starts to believed your caged like an animal.  You need to let the nurses know what your experiencing and get some help from a mental health professional. 

Hey TR would you happen to know if the nurses are cute--to help oneself meditate of course ????

• Sad 1

Get some help, speak to someone

There was a guy here in Phuket a couple of months ago who after a couple of weeks out of quarantine topped himself my wife knows his wife and she reckons when he came home he was depressed wouldn't go any where didn't want to go out and started self harming himself.

Edited by ChipButty
  • Sad 1

On 5/13/2021 at 10:58 PM, gargamon said:

Hmmm, maybe they're adding something to your food... You know, to keep you under control.

Did his GF stay in the same room during her confinement... Same as Covid??? Maybe some traces of the drug left in the air?? 5555

• Like 1

On 5/13/2021 at 11:21 PM, Patong2021 said:

Please do not make this into big secret plot to drug ASQ guests.

There are many possible reasons for your feelings. Most likely is you. You are stressed out and the more you think about this, the more you will start to imagine things.

Another good reason is the air quality. Thailand hotels can have poor air quality. Not all hotels  have modern air filters or change the filters or clean the mold and dust from the ducts. Thailand has bad air pollution. It is the rare hotel that cleans its ductwork on a regular basis.  Some of the pesticides and cleaning products they use can make people sick. I  stayed in one place that use so much air scent to cover up sewer smells that was given bad headache and nausea. The air fresheners rely on bad chemicals like formaldehyde and acetone.   Is it possible to open a window and to exchange the air? Can you go outside to the designated exterior zone? A bit of exercise and change in venue can help.

There is absolutely no need to drug anyone and those who suggest are not funny. Irresponsible claim too.

Some people are far tooooo serious. 5555555????????

• Like 1

So now 7 days has passed and i was calling the desk to book a 30min stroll on their roof as stated in their broschure, after first negative result. i now have 2 negative results. And after 1st negative result i have a room cleaning. Behold.... They have now removed the 30min stroll and also removed the roomcleaning. Now i got an apollogy saying they are sorry but i must have read the not updated broschure that they now have changed. I will survive but this is certainly not needed when in quarantine

On 5/13/2021 at 11:31 PM, sead said:

I'm working away from home 33 years already. I usually stay away for 2-8 weeks in a row. So I'm used to be alone and stayed in hotels all my life since the companies I work for are paying. 

So no. Its not me being depressed etc

I beg to differ.

When you "travel" you are... free. To leave your room, walk outside etc.

In ASQ... you are a PRISONER.

Therefore, and mechanically you are... slightly depressed.

I never heard someone saying : "I'm in ASQ and i'm having the time of my life !" ????

Call it "cabin fever" if you will... But based on my personal experience (2 ASQ...)... it's a depressing experience... and yes I confirm sleep cycles are f... up. And yes actually, it's not ideal environment to do "work" (loss of enthusiasm and energy).

And again it's perfectly understandable.... The body is doing nothing, all day/all night...

ASQ is not a normal situation, at all, therefore you can not be/feel normal during ASQ.

• Like 1

When my friend did her quarantine she did book one of the more expensive places, a suite with a balcony she had more space to move around she did comment a glass of red wine would have gone down well

Some hotels use illegal products to disinfect the mattress and maybe the rest of the room. There have been problems with this in a Chiang Mai hotel, and also phi phi island. Try asking to change the sheets and air the room well. 

6 hours ago, geisha said:

Some hotels use illegal products to disinfect the mattress and maybe the rest of the room. There have been problems with this in a Chiang Mai hotel, and also phi phi island. Try asking to change the sheets and air the room well. 

I remember that hotel in CM I actually stayed there for a couple of nights

18 hours ago, charliechoc said:

Dont know what ASQ means. Im too old for these forums. Why do young people abbreviate everything 

They’re called anacronyms. Usually made up of the first letters of two or more words. People using them wrongly assume everyone else knows what they mean. 
  One time I saw a couple of paragraphs so filled with a acronyms that it made my head spin.  Almost like a different language. 
I know how you feel. I’m much older also. 
 There is a list somewhere in these forums of acronyms.  But you have to search for it, and it’s not complete.  Good luck. 

20 hours ago, sead said:

So now 7 days has passed and i was calling the desk to book a 30min stroll on their roof as stated in their broschure, after first negative result. i now have 2 negative results. And after 1st negative result i have a room cleaning. Behold.... They have now removed the 30min stroll and also removed the roomcleaning. Now i got an apollogy saying they are sorry but i must have read the not updated broschure that they now have changed. I will survive but this is certainly not needed when in quarantine

Soon cockroaches coming to visit you, spend some time. 555555

12 hours ago, jomtienisgood said:

Soon cockroaches coming to visit you, spend some time. 555555

They spayed and disinfected this room so much that after 9 days i havent seen an ant, flie nor mosquito even though my door to balcony is open

17 hours ago, sead said:

They spayed and disinfected this room so much that after 9 days i havent seen an ant, flie nor mosquito even though my door to balcony is open

Part of what you are paying for there is a nurse on call. Tell her you can't sleep. She may be able to prescribe something.