Rats Ate the Car

band aid as there will always be more rats.

eating the wires is a crime of opportunity. in other words, they are seeking shelter primarily and will only chew if they are already there nesting.

just hang a shop light with guard cage on an extention cord from the hood, with your hood open overnight. if you cant keep it open due to wind or rain keep the bulb on ontop of your engine and close the hood.

i suggest a flourescent bulb of at least 100 watt equivalent which consumes 25 watts in the ultra daylight spectrum (4000k+)

no problems for me anymore with this method.

mechanics love rats and the ones in my area make a living off them. when they replace your spark plug wires with another soy variety make sure to insist on petroleum based wires. if not just purchase and install yourself. that's what i did. it's much cheaper. and maybe try my light method before letting the mechanic sell you some fancy electronic gadget with labor to install it.

i also park right in front of my door with the hood open. they know your around. dont park on the side of the house. definately dont use a car cover that covers the hood and engine at night.

i live in a remote area and this is a survival issue for me. im confident in the light and open hood method. the light has to be bright though, 100w or more is better, i like flourescent ultra daylight 4000k+). needs to shine and reflect on the engine, the shop light with metal guard reflects it in.

Edited by DerbyDan

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/18/2021 at 7:20 AM, Bill Poster said:

electronic rat killer on lazada

do you need to spray it every day ?    or does it last until you drive the car  ( only use mine every 3 or 4 days)     

also,  do you spray a lot..... like all around engine and wiring ?

thanks ,  rumak

Edited by rumak

On 5/14/2021 at 4:26 PM, Sophon said:

Our dogs keep rats away. But then again, two of our puppies ate the wiring for the 4wd drive (10.4k Baht to replace) and the back-up camera, so maybe that's just an "out of the frying pan and into the fire" solution. 

1701259299_DSCF0356(Copy).JPG.931829bd96e08fbdf88c860aafc6c508.JPG

Beautiful, especially the rear one.

On 5/14/2021 at 4:26 PM, Sophon said:

Our dogs keep rats away. But then again, two of our puppies ate the wiring for the 4wd drive (10.4k Baht to replace) and the back-up camera, so maybe that's just an "out of the frying pan and into the fire" solution. 

My pup did exactly the same. The repairman thought the same at first in that rats had caused the problem. The pup was found guilty after we found other parts of the car chewed that could never have been done by rats. Insurance company accepted it and replaced it under their policy cover.