Thailand plans to resume international flights by November

webfact

Last week I booked flights from London to Bangkok for mid October because that’s when the county will open to visitors. Business Class fares cost £5500 and now I hear that it will be November. I am in the U.K. and have had two jabs. <deleted> is going on in Thailand, the country I have loved for the past 35 years. 

47 minutes ago, pookondee said:

Australia never had a hugely grim Covid situation, and of course are not even landlocked with other countries.

Yet they have the most draconian measures in the world,

in not even allowing people to leave.

And I would'nt call Thailands Covid situation hugely grim...just yet.

Going on that logic it should be Australia opening in October and Thailand opening mid next year, though everyone knows Thailand wont be getting tourists.

They might get a few returning, who have lived/stayed long term before,

those who have business, condos, Thai gf...whatever.

But Id be very surprised if a regular tourist just wanting a getaway will go through all that <deleted>.

Especially if aware of the risk of being dragged off to a Covid "hospitel" after all the trouble and expense of getting there.

You are misinformed. It is because of hard medicine that Australia is where it is now. Apart from that they have done 17,465,839 tests. 

8 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

The flaw in this plan is that International Airlines may not want to start flying airplanes into Thailand until they can fill a whole plane up with tourists who's entry is not going to be filled with hoops and paperwork, and as Thailand has not and is not making assurances of what you will need in November, nobody will book and no airlines will schedule flights

Exactly. Thailand hasn't taken into consideration that no airline will be flying anywhere near Thailand this year. Also Thai Airways owe millions of Dollars to many of the airports that they use. Will have to pay their bills first !

I don't intend to pour sunshine on someone's rainy parade or negative expectations on who will or won't visit Thailand in the near future. But I have some insight into the bookings of packaged holidays in the Nordic countries. They're planning to resume flights into Phuket from October this year and they're almost fully booked. These travellers spend most of their time at or near their resorts so they would probably be fine with the sandbox model and its limitations. They may cancel but right now it looks like they're pretty optimistic. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

The flaw in this plan is that International Airlines may not want to start flying airplanes into Thailand until they can fill a whole plane up with tourists who's entry is not going to be filled with hoops and paperwork, and as Thailand has not and is not making assurances of what you will need in November, nobody will book and no airlines will schedule flights

It was just so easy to lock it all down on 23rd March 20, the day I was booked to return to LOS. As you say, it's not so easy to get planes and passengers in the sky again.

I'm hoping to be on one

4 hours ago, Thaibart said:

I am in the U.K. and have had two jabs. <deleted> is going on in Thailand, the country I have loved for the past 35 years. 

You and me both, 2 jabs but stuck in the UK away from the family, no end in sight and idiots in charge of the signal box

• Like 2

7 hours ago, pookondee said:

Well, hopefully, it might FINALLY sink in to people of all countries, that a huge number (is it still 99.5%?) of people recover from this virus with no major issues.

The idiocy right now is to many people seem to be carrying on as if this is a death sentance for one all infected.

Just to be clear, worldwide approx. 2% of people who contract Covid die from it. Or in other words, 1 in 50 who contract Covid don't survive. That is the worldwide average. Obviously in some countries the survival rates are much higher.

11 hours ago, Optomist said:

Wrong

As per previous post, the missus has just arrived back from London and is in 14 day quarantine in Bangkok, she has been told by her amphur that she has to do a further 14 days when she gets back home

Perhaps you can enlighten us all as you seem to know better...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, androokery said:

I don't intend to pour sunshine on someone's rainy parade or negative expectations on who will or won't visit Thailand in the near future. But I have some insight into the bookings of packaged holidays in the Nordic countries. They're planning to resume flights into Phuket from October this year and they're almost fully booked. These travellers spend most of their time at or near their resorts so they would probably be fine with the sandbox model and its limitations. They may cancel but right now it looks like they're pretty optimistic. 

How when a minister a few days ago said tour packages 150k baht 7 days. Are these packages being sold already? 

1 hour ago, mstevens said:

Just to be clear, worldwide approx. 2% of people who contract Covid die from it. Or in other words, 1 in 50 who contract Covid don't survive. That is the worldwide average. Obviously in some countries the survival rates are much higher.

Now take out of that number ALL the people in there 80's and 90's and 100's over average life expectancy , all those with obesity issues and tell us what the number is ?

Think you will find the number of healthy under 80's is relatively low and show that the world is being destroyed needlessly.

Mask up, protect the old and infirm, lock up the fatties and wash your hands and get on with life.

Oh, and by the way , we have probably added over 70 million people to the planet during covid - 2% loss of life in the mostly old and obese hardly makes a dent in that number 

• Thanks 2

There is a lot of people who do not die from COVID, but there are also lots of them who have side effects

for a long time, and it is all ages that get the long lasting side effects.  Everyone is happy that COVID is not as deadly as Ebola.

Most of us do not want to catch COVID to see what our outcome will be.  I hope that a lot of Thais get their shots by December.

That is when I will seriously decide if I will go to Thailand after January 2022, but more likely I will wait until November 2022

before I venture out on an international flight anywhere.

Geezer

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

There is a lot of people who do not die from COVID, but there are also lots of them who have side effects

for a long time, and it is all ages that get the long lasting side effects.  Everyone is happy that COVID is not as deadly as Ebola.

Most of us do not want to catch COVID to see what our outcome will be.  I hope that a lot of Thais get their shots by December.

That is when I will seriously decide if I will go to Thailand after January 2022, but more likely I will wait until November 2022

before I venture out on an international flight anywhere.

Geezer

Quite right, I and many friends, and mostly over 60,here stuck in NZ after coming home for Xmas are now debating whether to get vaccinated and run the gauntlet. 

Both a big decision. 

3 hours ago, mstevens said:

The error you are making is obvious but surprisingly common and a large part of why the world has overreacted as much as it has. That would be 2% of all people tested, which is a very different thing from all "people who contract Covid".

No government or organization claims that they are testing anything more than a small fraction of the infected. Those most likely to get tested are either those who are already bad enough to require medical help, or those entering hospitals or care facilities for other reasons that also happen to be associated with increased mortality.

In every country, as the number of tests has increased, the number of deaths relative to the number of confirmed infected has decreased. The most credible research now estimates that Covid-19 has roughly the same death rate as influenza, affects roughly the same groups, but has higher transmissibilty making it more dangerous overall.

At this stage, no credible organization is claiming that Covid-19 has anything close to a 2% death, it is most likely about a tenth of that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Aussiepeter said:

where under 200 from a population of 26 million have died from Covid, than in LOS.

As a matter of detail, the above is not accurate. Whilst very low for the size of population, the death rate from Covid in Oz is currently 910. The deaths were mainly in Victoria (820) due to a number of errors made with enforcing isolation policies.

https://www.google.com/search?q=covid+deaths+australia&oq=covid+deaths+australia&aqs=chrome.0.0i433j0l9.7396j0j15&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

You’d think they’d be getting tired of throwing up schemes that are unlikely to eventuate.

Travel Insurance will kill off most of tourism.   You can’t get it for cancellations while ever a COVID case is on the planet. 

Regular scheduled flights won’t happen either, since it will only be a trickle of travellers at first &  those passengers will get “bumped” until flights are economically viable

And , since Covid19 numbers are rising,,,who wants to come to a place that’s still in lockdown. 

November NEXT year is a better bet.....but this virus thing is only getting worse & the “experts” are really only guessing at ideas on how to manage it.    

These quarantine hotels turned out to be incubators ,  the latest idea in Australia is to send the “sick” out into desert away from society.   Lock them up in abandoned mining camps ????????

• Sad 1

18 hours ago, Spellforce said:

What does it mean ? Because today we still have may internationals flights with passengers ?

Maybe is it a translation issue ?

Flightradar24 in real time:

image.png.09210c3c1343648a96c6be75a285978b.png

Probably an empty plane to get Indians out on a repatriation flight.  The Indian embassy organizes a few per month.

Very confusing with different stories almost daily. Thailand must ramp up its vaccination program now or they will have no chance attracting visitors anyway, whether opening Phuket or other areas.

People are not going to risk travel for a 2 week holiday. Opening Phuket without quaratine may attract expats who have been waiting to return home to Thailand , but others I think is doubtful. Just get on with the vaccinations !!!

19 hours ago, phills2k1 said:

I stayed at a prominent hotel for my ASQ in December and I swear to god, I've never had worse food in my life. They even managed to screw up toast somehow

Most of my meals ended up just being white rice with prik nam pla to get me by

Cost me 85000 baht for that privilege

nice to hear some honesty for a change

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, madmen said:

Hard to to believe I got 5 star free last year. There is a touch of racism, just pike Pattaya nobody wants the Indians 

As Martin Brundel once said "I'll try to think of a question for that answer"  ????

6 minutes ago, Excel said:

As Martin Brundel once said "I'll try to think of a question for that answer"  ????

Haha deleted it, I was typing in a trance or something 

Edited by madmen
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, AlfHuy said:

Farangs to register for vaccine from August.

Farang to maybe get 1st vaccine in November.

Waiting for 2nd on in March 22.

All incoming foreigners quarantine for 3 weeks in state owned hotel for a friendly fee of only 8000 Baht/person/night, including a bowl of sticky rice.

a bowl of sticky rice you say????......  ????

18 hours ago, AlfHuy said:

Relax Mike.

Nice roadwork on photo 4.

I can easily do without the hordes of CH..I;Nese.

At least somchai can get some zzzzzzs by that spot for rent in pic #1.....sabai sabai ???? and now I also see where I parked my scooo-peee after that night of sangsom

12 hours ago, pookondee said:

Australia never had a hugely grim Covid situation, and of course are not even landlocked with other countries.

Yet they have the most draconian measures in the world,

in not even allowing people to leave.

And I would'nt call Thailands Covid situation hugely grim...just yet.

Going on that logic it should be Australia opening in October and Thailand opening mid next year, though everyone knows Thailand wont be getting tourists.

They might get a few returning, who have lived/stayed long term before,

those who have business, condos, Thai gf...whatever.

But Id be very surprised if a regular tourist just wanting a getaway will go through all that <deleted>.

Especially if aware of the risk of being dragged off to a Covid "hospitel" after all the trouble and expense of getting there.

Australia didn't have a grim covid situation precisely because of the draconian measures. 

It's exactly what the Hong Kong medical expert who was in charge of their Sars recovery said at the beginning of covid; only by implementing draconian measures would you be able to flatten the curve and recover. And it's exactly why the whole world is still not getting better a year and half onwards because there's always individuals who think they should be free to do whatever they see fit whatever the consequences to those around them. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, nkg said:

There are a large number of airlines already flying into Suvarnabhumi.

Today's arrivals include:

Emirates
Air India
Etihad
KLM
Qatar
Ethiopian Airlines
Cathay Pacific
Japan Airlines
Shanghai Airlines
Malaysia Airlines
Singapore Airlines
Vietnam Airlines
Oman Air
Zpair Tokyo
Korean Air
Air Japan

https://www.bangkokairportonline.com/flight-status-arrivals-departures/

so it seems--I did my first airfare search last night to get an idea if they really open july 1  from LAX to Phuket....saw some cheap flights too ANA....Singapore etc

20 hours ago, AlfHuy said:

Farangs to register for vaccine from August.

Farang to maybe get 1st vaccine in November.

Waiting for 2nd on in March 22.

All incoming foreigners quarantine for 3 weeks in state owned hotel for a friendly fee of only 8000 Baht/person/night, including a bowl of sticky rice.

They think they can gouge their way to resolving the 1.5 trillion baht International tourism revenue shortfall by simply putting people in quarantine and charging 8000 baht per - it won’t even make a dent. They should be focusing on getting vaccines rolled out and stop with the smoke and mirrors, but they can’t even do better than a below average job of that. On top of this, they’re threatening people with hefty fines and prison time for not registering and for not taking the vaccine. The ignorance behind it all is just astounding...

• Like 2