Thailand plans to resume international flights by November

webfact

Some miserable old people on this forum. I thought people were exaggerating but you spend your time bashing Thailand for whatever strange reason. Anyway - Thailand has to open eventually, yes they are currently slow with the vaccine progress but this will pick up and things will get better when it does. I am booking to come in November and if I can't come I'll rearrange my flights but I believe the tourist areas will be open at least

• Like 1

Just now, kingofthemountain said:

So to sumarize your thinking on one side we have the old miserable people

and on the other side we have you and your crystal ball, keep going young padawan ????

Hey listen old fella, it's one thing having an educated guess at to whether or not you think Thailand will open but if it doesn't then it isn't the end of the world. I don't see what bashing a country will do but then again I actually enjoy my life at home and Thailand is just a luxury for me. I suggest you find something to make life enjoyable again my friend that doesn't involve going away old padawan

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Soyboy said:

Hey listen old fella, it's one thing having an educated guess at to whether or not you think Thailand will open but if it doesn't then it isn't the end of the world. I don't see what bashing a country will do but then again I actually enjoy my life at home and Thailand is just a luxury for me. I suggest you find something to make life enjoyable again my friend that doesn't involve going away old padawan

My life is more than enjoyable, i am on permanent holiday life style here in Pattaya

where i live since years, what you see on this forum isn't ''bashing a country'', it's just

writing the reality as it is, not as the junta or some dreamers would see it

by the way old padawan is an oxymoron

A Padawan is a learner or apprentice. The term can refer specifically to a Jedi apprentice within the Star Wars universe. It can also be used more generally to refer to a trainee, a beginner, or an inexperienced person. 

????

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kingofthemountain said:

My life is more than enjoyable, i am on permanent holiday life style here in Pattaya

where i live since years, what you see on this forum isn't ''bashing a country'', it's just

writing the reality as it is, not as the junta or some dreamers would see it

by the way old padawan is an oxymoron

A Padawan is a learner or apprentice. The term can refer specifically to a Jedi apprentice within the Star Wars universe. It can also be used more generally to refer to a trainee, a beginner, or an inexperienced person. 

????

However you want to put it 90% of content on here is negativity. If you think that venting your outrage on a forum is going to solve any problems then you truly are a padawan

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Soyboy said:

However you want to put it 90% of content on here is negativity. If you think that venting your outrage on a forum is going to solve any problems then you truly are a padawan

You have totally missed the point, this forum isn't here to solve any of Thailand's problems (The Thai themselves couldn't realize this herculean task even if they had 100 years to do it)

We are just here to express our ressentment and all the negatives things that could sometimes cross our minds, and doing it in this way we can keep all the positives things for the real life and to continue to be perfectly happy with the daily life

it's a little bit like a therapy, but much more cheaper and with less constraints

Edited by kingofthemountain
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, kingofthemountain said:

You have totally missed the point, this forum isn't here to solve any of Thailand's problems (The Thai themselves couldn't realize this herculean task even if they had 100 years to do it)

We are just here to express our ressentment and all the negatives things that could sometimes cross our minds, and doing it in this way we can keep all the positives things for the real life and to continue to be perfectly happy with the daily life

it's a little bit like a therapy, but much more cheaper and with less constraints

It is a bit sad when even your last post here has to take a swipe at all Thais..... where would you be from then.... I have no doubt there would be some totally negative against all you and your country of origin folk...by all means express your negative views and thoughts so your reality of daily life can be positive... it must be so hard for you to remain positive when you are convinced and say publicly all Thai are incompetent.. how do you manage to get out of bed in the morning knowing you will be totally immersed in a sea of people so stupid..... or are you living in a nice little gated world and shut them all out...

• Like 1

On 5/16/2021 at 10:45 AM, cclub75 said:

For instance New-Zeland can afford it (rich, isolated country)... But what about Maldives ? Population 500 000... and there is only tourism there. Nothing else

Um Nz cannot afford it..... it is not a rich isolated country..yes it is isolated, but has now one of the worst wealth spreads in the world... whereby wealthy are not effected in any way shape or form but the rest have had and are going to have some problems

To be blunt it is a Nanny State Banana Republic with the population taxed the same as Scandinavian countries but without the same welfare return.

The current government traditionally left of centre and very much working class has just announced the solution to NZ's problem is to allow investors to travel to NZ secretly, queue jumping the waiting list to get in, at the invitation of NZ government to create wealth and money... No investor worth their salt based offshore is going to be doing that unless there are tangible benefits to take offshore...long term benefits to NZers... none bar the wealthy

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, casey1 said:

It is a bit sad when even your last post here has to take a swipe at all Thais..... where would you be from then.... I have no doubt there would be some totally negative against all you and your country of origin folk...by all means express your negative views and thoughts so your reality of daily life can be positive... it must be so hard for you to remain positive when you are convinced and say publicly all Thai are incompetent.. how do you manage to get out of bed in the morning knowing you will be totally immersed in a sea of people so stupid..... or are you living in a nice little gated world and shut them all out...

The only sad thing imo is the fact that you have totally missed the sarcasm and the irony in my post

i am not an english native and it's sometime hard to give the exact tone of my writing without  using tons of smileys and emoticons (I try to avoid to do it, as usualy it's not the smartest  thing to do on a forum -probably more easy to use these little smiling faces on a chat on twitter or facebook-)

So my apologies and i promise to try harder in the future to write better my patetics atempts to use the sense of humor to escape the usual amount of daily non sense we all have to deal with, whatever the place we are

Have a nice day\evening

On 5/15/2021 at 6:01 AM, Geoffggi said:

But alas no mention of which year ............................LOL

Later this year is what I read in the article, ok it didn't actually say 2021, or whatever 

the Thai equivalent is, but it wasn't particularly difficult to work out.................. LOL

On 5/15/2021 at 3:31 PM, pookondee said:

So im just wondering, why is it you judge what Thailand proposes based on Australias decision to

"maybe open mid next year""

To me, Australia locking up people (even leaving outbound) for a further 12 months is a LOT more nuttier than anything Thailand has ever done.

Just think about it.

Lots can happen in just 3 or 6 months and Australia is talking another 12 months??

really?

That is just completely bizzare IMO,

and makes one think there must be more to it in Australia if they are making 12 month predictions when a lot of the world is thinking about how to open up.

More like 3 years maybe?

https://www.timeout.com/sydney/news/international-travel-for-australians-will-not-resume-until-2024-economic-report-suggests-041321

10 hours ago, casey1 said:

Um Nz cannot afford it..... it is not a rich isolated country..yes it is isolated, but has now one of the worst wealth spreads in the world... whereby wealthy are not effected in any way shape or form but the rest have had and are going to have some problems

To be blunt it is a Nanny State Banana Republic with the population taxed the same as Scandinavian countries but without the same welfare return.

I agree with what you write about NZ... but the taxes and wealth spread are not the issue there.

GDP per capita. NZ is number 22 in the world (in front of UK and France !)

Source : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_GDP_(nominal)_per_capita

Thailand is number 85.

So, NZ can afford "Zero Covid" ideology (and it's an island, which is a plus).

Thailand can't.

The recent U turn about opening restaurants is the proof of this.

It's easy to mimic other countries at the start of the pandemic... But we are month 15 into the crisis.

The party is over. The virtue signalling is over.

Millions of people left without NOTHING ! Nada...  Since more than 1 year... A few thousands THB provided by the gvt ? It's madness.

Principle of reality... School are going to reopen... Rules will be relaxed... Because there is no other alternative.

Even with a few dozen of "covid deaths" per day.... And a few thousands of cases per day (most of them... without any symptoms).

It's called : reality principle.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Thai Adds Phuket Flights Ahead Of Planned July Reopening

Thai Airways has added four non-stops routes from Europe to Phuket – including from Heathrow – along with two from within Asia. The reason: the opening up of Phuket from July, which is set to be a testbed for the wider country. They’ll also be non-stop because they must be, at least for now.

Thai Airways has put on sale the following six routes, with the summer period coinciding with the low season in Thailand.

Copenhagen-Phuket: once-weekly from July 2nd-September 24th using the A350-900
Delhi-Phuket: twice-weekly July 2nd-September 26th; A350-900
Frankfurt-Phuket: once-weekly July 2nd-October 1st; B777-300ER
Hong Kong-Phuket: once-weekly July 2nd-September 24th; A350-900
London Heathrow-Phuket: once-weekly July 3rd-September 25th; B777-300ER
Paris CDG-Phuket: once-weekly July 2nd-September 24th; B777-300ER

https://simpleflying.com/172427-thai-phuket-july-reopening2/?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_content=echo&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR3MUPmbkioeE62hjeFm44YqsT4MVuq6WtHql_J5IFJFnRD_Tf84_Nq_kvw#Echobox=1620766198

32 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Thai Adds Phuket Flights Ahead Of Planned July Reopening

Thai Airways has added four non-stops routes from Europe to Phuket – including from Heathrow – along with two from within Asia. The reason: the opening up of Phuket from July, which is set to be a testbed for the wider country. They’ll also be non-stop because they must be, at least for now.

Thai Airways has put on sale the following six routes, with the summer period coinciding with the low season in Thailand.

Copenhagen-Phuket: once-weekly from July 2nd-September 24th using the A350-900
Frankfurt-Phuket: once-weekly July 2nd-October 1st; B777-300ER
Hong Kong-Phuket: once-weekly July 2nd-September 24th; A350-900
London Heathrow-Phuket: once-weekly July 3rd-September 25th; B777-300ER
Paris CDG-Phuket: once-weekly July 2nd-September 24th; B777-300ER

https://simpleflying.com/172427-thai-phuket-july-reopening2/?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_content=echo&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR3MUPmbkioeE62hjeFm44YqsT4MVuq6WtHql_J5IFJFnRD_Tf84_Nq_kvw#Echobox=1620766198

Travel to Thailand will surge once the 14 day quarantine is lifted for vaccinated tourists.  There's a huge pent up demand to travel.  Specifically to Thailand.

• Like 1

agreed to reality principle... the longer this drags out the more the world populations become more weary and cracks grow in the arguments for control... media politics and money.... it has been a field day for them .... but real day to day living eventually needs to take over again.....even nz in their zero covid ideology is fated to eventually cede to open border and covid presence

and guess what it is not dangerous for the vast majority of people.... longer this goes on the more this proven...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

There is something wrong in the process

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/travel/travel-news/thailand-bans-travellers-from-india-due-to-rise-in-covid-cases/as82287541.cms

Plus there is always THE big question:

https://www.thaiexaminer.com/thai-news-foreigners/2021/03/03/thai-airways-more-borrowed-money-survival-plan-court/

''

฿50 billion in cash needed within two years with ฿30 billion needed within three months or by June

However, the path is not clear.

The airline still requires a cash injection of ฿50 billion to keep it in the air even if the plan is agreed by its creditors and approved by the Central Bankruptcy Court.

Chai Eamsiri, the Vice President of the airline’s Finance and Accounting Department, explained that ฿30 billion of this would be required by June with the balance over the next two years.

Mr Chai said these funds will be sourced through financial institution loans, benign investors and debt to equity schemes.''  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, kingofthemountain said:

There is something wrong in the process

Yeah, those DEL flights "look bad".

Assume these are fully vaccinated "High Yield" tourists. headed for the sandbox, but who knows.

• Like 2

On 5/17/2021 at 9:10 PM, mtls2005 said:

Yeah, those DEL flights "look bad".

Assume these are fully vaccinated "High Yield" tourists. headed for the sandbox, but who knows.

I know one thing - of all the airlines on the planet I would book with Thai Airlines would be the last one I would book with.  They are this close to going insolvent, and you won't get .01c from them that's for sure.  

And you're coming to a country where health care is crumbling?  Yeah, no thanks!

1 hour ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

the vaccines do work, with good efficient vaccines, the corona pandemic literally

disapears within a matter of weeks.

so yes, if thailand will start vaccinations on june and will do it fast and right, than yes,

the pandemic will be over and  borders can be open again.

Unfortunately it's not so easy

you should look at what happens in the Seychelles:

''The World Health Organization said Tuesday that it would review coronavirus data from the Seychelles, an archipelago of 115 islands in the Indian Ocean, after the health ministry said more than a third of people who tested positive for Covid-19 in the week to May 8 had been fully vaccinated.''

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/05/13/seychelles-most-vaccinated-nation-on-earth-but-covid-19-has-surged.html

21 hours ago, kingofthemountain said:

''The World Health Organization said Tuesday that it would review coronavirus data from the Seychelles, an archipelago of 115 islands in the Indian Ocean, after the health ministry said more than a third of people who tested positive for Covid-19 in the week to May 8 had been fully vaccinated.''

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/05/13/seychelles-most-vaccinated-nation-on-earth-but-covid-19-has-surged.html

i know what happaned in the seychelles - the idiots who manage the covid exams there got it all wrong and marked as positives many people who were acctually negative, forcing many tourists who wanted to leave those islands back into qurantine in expensive hotels.

it is quite easy now really. you should look at what is happaning NOW in advanced countries like israel and parts of the U.S. the pandemic is gone. vanished. zero infected and zero sick, within few weeks....all thanks to the vaccines !!! amazing !!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

i know what happaned in the seychelles - the idiots who manage the covid exams there got it all wrong and marked as positives many people who were acctually negative, forcing many tourists who wanted to leave those islands back into qurantine in expensive hotels.

it is quite easy now really. you should look at what is happaning NOW in advanced countries like israel and parts of the U.S. the pandemic is gone. vanished. zero infected and zero sick, within few weeks....all thanks to the vaccines !!! amazing !!!

What could stop Thailand to do the same mistake that the Seychelles?

I don't know for the US but Israel has managed to vaccine only 60% of the population and has now a lot of difficulties to convince the 40% remaining (For different reasons, religion being one of them) so the famous ''herd immunity'' isn't reached here yet

And also they are not yet confronted to the new strains of the virus

again for obvious safety reasons their country is not as exposed as Thailand to them

Concerning your statement about Israel "the pandemic is gone, vanished, zero infected and zero sick, within few weeks....''

maybe you should give your source or check your fact better

here a link to help you:

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/israel/

• Like 1

23 hours ago, kingofthemountain said:

If you check the website you posted you can also see some other details , like :

- vaccines used mostly are Sinovac and Covishield ( covishield apparently is AstraZeneca , produced in India ) . Most only had 1 shot so far . Requiring hospital treatment : 80% of them non vaccinated + other health issues .

Sinovac vaccine is like AstraZeneca a "old style" vaccine , and it's efficiency is still under review ( so far latest i see : lab test 79% , Brazil stating 50% after use , UAE stating 86% ) . AstraZeneca reports almost the same numbers between 60 and 90% . How it works out with the new variations of the virus , we'll have to see .

Testing positive and being a problem is 2 different things also . The transmission of virus is much lower for vaccinated people , but it is not 0 . And the lower the number of protection , the higher the chance of transmitting it also . It becomes a problem when hospitals are filling up again .

Israel on the other hand , most people got Pfizer , a mRNA or new style vaccine . So far it appears to be working better , even against the new mutations .

The future will tell but it still is a difficult time and will still be for a while . We in a lot better area then 1 y ago . In this case i say the glass is half-full instead of half-empty .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sezze said:

If you check the website you posted you can also see some other details , like :

- vaccines used mostly are Sinovac and Covishield ( covishield apparently is AstraZeneca , produced in India ) . Most only had 1 shot so far . Requiring hospital treatment : 80% of them non vaccinated + other health issues .

Sinovac vaccine is like AstraZeneca a "old style" vaccine , and it's efficiency is still under review ( so far latest i see : lab test 79% , Brazil stating 50% after use , UAE stating 86% ) . AstraZeneca reports almost the same numbers between 60 and 90% . How it works out with the new variations of the virus , we'll have to see .

Testing positive and being a problem is 2 different things also . The transmission of virus is much lower for vaccinated people , but it is not 0 . And the lower the number of protection , the higher the chance of transmitting it also . It becomes a problem when hospitals are filling up again .

Israel on the other hand , most people got Pfizer , a mRNA or new style vaccine . So far it appears to be working better , even against the new mutations .

The future will tell but it still is a difficult time and will still be for a while . We in a lot better area then 1 y ago . In this case i say the glass is half-full instead of half-empty .

I totally agree with you

even if Thailand start a massive vaccination roll out next month

the country will still have hard times with the virus at least untill 2022

(When exactly in 2022 depend of a lot of questions without any answer at the moment)

imo the ones thinking all will be back here to (New-)normal for the next ''high season'' at the end of 2021 are going to be very disapointed

Here in Pattaya we are 1 year after the start of the pandemic and still

all the entertainments venues are closed and the police is still active to

hunt everyone trying to walk on the beach, there are 0 progress so far

we can even say the situation is much worse now than last year

i don't see any valid reason for a ''normal'' tourist to come here except maybe an handful of die hard punters, they would be coming even after a nuclear attack on the site as long as few working girls have survived lol

• Like 1

On 5/15/2021 at 7:10 AM, Mavideol said:

Transport Minister Saksayam Chidchob said on Friday....  I would advise you to  just think about it a little longer and you may change your mind, while thinking, take a look at the UK current situation

https://au.yahoo.com/news/covid-fight-disturbing-turn-uk-indian-variant-101450172.html

Ruling nothing out’: Coronavirus fight takes worrying turn in UK

As Britain opens up and puts the worst of the pandemic behind it, a disturbing trend has dampened the optimistic mood.

Cases of the Indian coronavirus variant have risen by 152 per cent in the UK in the space of a week.

Covid infections overall are at their lowest for 9 months at 1,500 a day.  Deaths are at their lowest since the start of the pandemic at 7 a day.

Give it a couple of weeks and see if this new variant gains any real traction in the UK.

Looks like will be some years before fully opening to International Tourism. Domestic Tourism especially during extra extended holidays has contributed to rise in Covid infections. At least 70% of Thai population needs to be fully vaccinated before foreign countries will permit their citizen to enter without quarantine upon returning home. China has not started a mass vaccination programme and therefore likely to follow India with another more serious outbreak.

• Like 1