Bank statements Samui Immigration

11 minutes ago, lom said:

I got a problem with Khun Nok around 2010, he refused to accept a Fixed Deposits Account because the money, if I needed them, were not available instantly. Available next day was not good enough for him but

he offered to solve the problem in return for a 20,000 baht donation which I rejected.

Fortunately he was kicked out of immigration at around the same time they moved to the current office.

I've never been asked to bring the bankbook when doing the 90-day report.

Well I was told to bring my bank book and copies of my last 3 months statements for every 90 day report since my last extension.

I am confused that different people seem to be getting different treatments.

I will go the the IMO tomorrow and just ask them point blank!

i.e., Do I need 12 months worth of statements when renewing my extension even though they have seen all the statements already and the bankbook.

I don't want to be in a situation where I might miss my extension deadline whilst waiting for my statements to arrive if they have to come from Head Office.

If I did miss the extension deadline then I would have to leave the country!

It's bad enough that Samui immigration only let you apply a maximum of 10 days before your extension is due or at least that's what they tell me!

Edited by Mario666

14 hours ago, Mario666 said:

It's bad enough that Samui immigration only let you apply a maximum of 10 days before your extension is due or at least that's what they tell me!

Unfortunately it seems like people sometimes get different answers.

Between one and two weeks before, i.e. your 10 days before, is when they normally wish us to apply for an extension, even that you officially should be able to apply one month in advance, I think it's even 45 days in advance at some places. I however always show up little in advance, or the last 90-days report if it's due 3-4 weeks before expiry of stay, and check if there are any changes in documentation demands, i.e. having their required documents list, and also ask for an application form, as they don't accept a downloaded and self-printed form, as you on top of page two need to write your email address, and that need to be on their pre-printed dotted line, not just after a handwritten "E-mail: "; I've tried it and got refused, I needed to re-write the whole form, exactly the same apart from their pre-printed "E-mail:............."...????

When I a few times, twice in 15 years I think, came three weeks before my extension expired, I got a bad look and was told that I came too early, but they did renew my permission to stay. Therefore I made it a habit to apply around two weeks before. However, two years ago when I came the just about 10 days before, the lady said: "Next year you better come a month before!"...????

Next year, and that was last year, I was in doubt if I should show up early, but I came only two weeks before, no problem...????

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, khunPer said:

Unfortunately it seems like people sometimes get different answers.

Between one and two weeks before, i.e. your 10 days before, is when they normally wish us to apply for an extension, even that you officially should be able to apply one month in advance, I think it's even 45 days in advance at some places. I however always show up little in advance, or the last 90-days report if it's due 3-4 weeks before expiry of stay, and check if there are any changes in documentation demands, i.e. having their required documents list, and also ask for an application form, as they don't accept a downloaded and self-printed form, as you on top of page two need to write your email address, and that need to be on their pre-printed dotted line, not just after a handwritten "E-mail: "; I've tried it and got refused, I needed to re-write the whole form, exactly the same apart from their pre-printed "E-mail:............."...????

When I a few times, twice in 15 years I think, came three weeks before my extension expired, I got a bad look and was told that I came too early, but they did renew my permission to stay. Therefore I made it a habit to apply around two weeks before. However, two years ago when I came the just about 10 days before, the lady said: "Next year you better come a month before!"...????

Next year, and that was last year, I was in doubt if I should show up early, but I came only two weeks before, no problem...????

Thanks KhunPer,

Like I said it depends on too many variables even at the same IMO and even with the "Plump One"????

To be fair it must be a "Soul Destroying Job" ....So many Farangs turn up with the "Wrong Forms"  or something missing!....Often the Farangs have a poor grasp of English and you cannot expect the IMO staff to understand their poor English? .....Or any other European language?

The British Empire is Long Dead, but like it or not it English is one of the Main Business languages spoken today Worldwide!

I went to Krung Thai Bank today in Lamai to ask them how long it would take to get 12 month's back statements if I need them!...I could not make them understand and so I gave up!....The people in Nathon KTB where my account is all speak good English and I never had a problem there!

I know I should be able to speak More Thai than I do,  but on a "Tourist Island" it might be expected that a Govt Bank would employ at least one or two English speakers in each branch????

Many thanks for all your input on this subject!

Mario ????

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, khunPer said:

Very interesting! I have been getting 1-year extensions since 2015 but I only learned in 2017 that 17 days before the expiration date was "too early", I got rejected then and told to only come 10 days before. In 2016 I also went 17 days before without any problems but that was still in the Nathon office, maybe it mattered.

I live on Koh Phangan and so far always needed to do one or two day trips to Koh Samui for my visa extension matters. Since 2018 I have always been told to come again a few days to a week later to pick up my passport, in the previous years I received it back the same day, either in the afternoon and once (2016) even later in the same morning. In 2020 I pleaded them to still get it back in the same afternoon because of covid constraints and surprisingly succeded, this year I tried it as well but without any luck.

When I picked up my passport last time, a few weeks ago, I asked them (litterally "for a friend" who wanted to know) how early I could usually apply for the next extension. First I only got an empty stare from the lady (not the "usual one" who wasn't there), so I asked "one week? ... two weeks? ... " and she confirmed two weeks.

Just yesterday the new (permanent) Immigration Office on Koh Phangan finally opened and if I am lucky, I will be able to get 1-year extensions from there in the future. But they only offer limited services and it's not that clear yet if 1-year extensions are part of them. 

In April 2020 there was a temporary Immigration Office set up for two days here, three weeks before my current extension expired. I prepared everything and tried my luck, but was rejected and sent to Koh Samui, because they only issued 30-day extensions. I called Koh Samui and asked if I could come right now but was told "too early", so I needed to get current bank papers again and also to do a medical check again two weeks later, because after I asked, I was also told that the ones from early April would be outdated...

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Aeiou7 said:

Very interesting! I have been getting 1-year extensions since 2015 but I only learned in 2017 that 17 days before the expiration date was "too early", I got rejected then and told to only come 10 days before. In 2016 I also went 17 days before without any problems but that was still in the Nathon office, maybe it mattered.

I live on Koh Phangan and so far always needed to do one or two day trips to Koh Samui for my visa extension matters. Since 2018 I have always been told to come again a few days to a week later to pick up my passport, in the previous years I received it back the same day, either in the afternoon and once (2016) even later in the same morning. In 2020 I pleaded them to still get it back in the same afternoon because of covid constraints and surprisingly succeded, this year I tried it as well but without any luck.

When I picked up my passport last time, a few weeks ago, I asked them (litterally "for a friend" who wanted to know) how early I could usually apply for the next extension. First I only got an empty stare from the lady (not the "usual one" who wasn't there), so I asked "one week? ... two weeks? ... " and she confirmed two weeks.

Just yesterday the new (permanent) Immigration Office on Koh Phangan finally opened and if I am lucky, I will be able to get 1-year extensions from there in the future. But they only offer limited services and it's not that clear yet if 1-year extensions are part of them. 

In April 2020 there was a temporary Immigration Office set up for two days here, three weeks before my current extension expired. I prepared everything and tried my luck, but was rejected and sent to Koh Samui, because they only issued 30-day extensions. I called Koh Samui and asked if I could come right now but was told "too early", so I needed to get current bank papers again and also to do a medical check again two weeks later, because after I asked, I was also told that the ones from early April would be outdated...

Well my next 90 day report is Due on 11th June, but my extension is due on July 1st.

I will try and do my extension on 14th so I don't have to do my 90 day report and then go back a few days later to get my extension.

But, you know how they can always make it as difficult for you as they want depending on the day (particularly the plump one) who sometimes smiles and is very pleasant....But, I must admit that is very rare!

2 hours ago, Mario666 said:

Well my next 90 day report is Due on 11th June

90 day report can be made 7 days before and up to 7 days after so you should be able to do both 16th of June.

• Thanks 1

On 5/21/2021 at 4:27 PM, lom said:

90 day report can be made 7 days before and up to 7 days after so you should be able to do both 16th of June.

Update:   Many thanks for all your replies!

I went to Samui IMO today and spoke with the "Maitre D" who confirmed that with the 800K method of extension you only need to provide 3 months Bank Statements....

When I asked she looked "Puzzled" and said "Don't you remember from last year?"

I just smiled and said "Just checking...Thank you!" 

Happy Thumbs Up.jpg

• Like 2