Flying from BKK to Samui

7 hours ago, RickG16 said:

Hi KhunPer, does Samui have Grab car app these days?

To my knowledge yes, but it should be more expensive than similar in Bangkok. I however have no personal experience, so I only refers to what I can remember from other comments...????

11 hours ago, RickG16 said:

What did you put as reason to travel on the form?

Cheers

Permanent residence on Samui, which probably made a difference, compared to "just" being a tourist (and they can see the retirement visa-extension in my passport), but i don´t think the covid virus would care about my visa and residence status . . .

Edited by starfish

So, when you arrive in Samui worst case is that if you don't have a recent COVID test you have to fill out a form, get your temperature checked, smile nicely, and then be on your way. Is that a fair summary?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, corkman said:

So, when you arrive in Samui worst case is that if you don't have a recent COVID test you have to fill out a form, get your temperature checked, smile nicely, and then be on your way. Is that a fair summary?

and scan the QR code. ????

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Any updates on this? Been reading about the "Samui Sealed Route" recently. Hope that is not going to make it more difficult for domestic tourists like me? I can handle get a COVID test 72hrs before travel. But if they're going lump all tourists into one category, restrict my movements on the Island, and demand more tests every few days while I am there, then I just won't bother.

4 hours ago, corkman said:

Any updates on this? Been reading about the "Samui Sealed Route" recently. Hope that is not going to make it more difficult for domestic tourists like me? I can handle get a COVID test 72hrs before travel. But if they're going lump all tourists into one category, restrict my movements on the Island, and demand more tests every few days while I am there, then I just won't bother.

Samui Sealed Route is a suggestion for vaccinated foreign tourists arriving from 1st July.

You can find latest shared info about Transport to Samui in the pinned thread...

10 hours ago, corkman said:

Any updates on this? Been reading about the "Samui Sealed Route" recently.

The Samui Sealed Route is only for tourists arriving from abroad afaik.

Domestic tourists/travellers arriving from a red or dark red zone must quarantine unless they have a negative PCR test within 72 hours before arriving or have been fully vaccinated against covid-19.

In that case no quarantine is needed but they need to follow 'isolation measures' which is:
1. Mask wearing
2. Social distancing (don't touch others, avoid crowded areas)

Edited by lom