Tourism recovery: 13.8 million tourists will come to Thailand next year if 500K Thais are vaxxed daily

webfact

6 hours ago, jaltsc said:

"...if 300K jabs are delivered each day the figure would be 400,000 tourists in 2021 and 10 million next year."

And...If the people who made up these statistics share whatever they are smoking, that will be the only way tourism will increase.

They are paid for work done so no matter how far fetch the numbers, they get paid just by putting anything to show they are working. 

Here we go again pulling figures out of there <deleted>, they will never get it until they treat tourists like welcome guests in there country instead of trying to find new ways to get money out of them, the decisions makers think Thailand is the only place on the planet people want to visit 

• Like 2

Usual load of tripe from someone speaking out of their rear end again, if any of my family or friends told me that they would like to visit us I would tell them to find somewhere closer, cheaper & not quite so xenophobic, once tourists come back it will probably be no more than a fortnight before all the old habits return. ????

• Like 2

The business administration is correct.  If people are not vaccinated and COVID not in control people will not/can not visit.  But to quantify this requires too many other factors as denoted in this forum.  Sometimes I question the ability and desire to plan events here.  It feels more spontaneous, something I am not used to but enjoy in Thailand.

8 hours ago, herfiehandbag said:

Not if: beaches and parks are closed at the whim of whoever fancies exercising authority, not if bars and restaurants are closed, or again likely to be closed at short notice, and not if there is the faintest whiff of quarantine in any shape or form, or the requirement to purchase "special insurance" or any other special provisions from selected companies!

They just don’t get it .. It’s all about screwing the traveller .. Double pricing and crazy red tape ... Can’t see it happening but who knows

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Misterwhisper said:

13,8 million, huh?

Great news!

But even given the remote, remote, remote (!!!) likelihood that this should pan out... here already is your next problem:

One sniff of a tourist and the prices will rocket

47 minutes ago, koratkarlos said:

The business administration is correct.  If people are not vaccinated and COVID not in control people will not/can not visit.  But to quantify this requires too many other factors as denoted in this forum.  Sometimes I question the ability and desire to plan events here.  It feels more spontaneous, something I am not used to but enjoy in Thailand.

Tis the land of thought bubble morons at the top my friend. 

Tourism recovery: 13.8 million tourists will come to Thailand next year if 500K Thais are vaxxed daily. 

Yea right who Dreamed up This Cr@p? 

How do they Know what Other people (tourists) think off what's going on in Los?

9 hours ago, herfiehandbag said:

Not if: beaches and parks are closed at the whim of whoever fancies exercising authority, not if bars and restaurants are closed, or again likely to be closed at short notice, and not if there is the faintest whiff of quarantine in any shape or form, or the requirement to purchase "special insurance" or any other special provisions from selected companies!

Yup

• Like 1

To think tourists are not coming to Thailand because of the number of vaccines is total ignorance.

The majority of the world have their own travel and Covid issues to deal with.

Do the Thai authorities actually think the rest of the world is back to normal?

• Like 1

Hate to wake up the dreamers who made up these figures

500,000 vaccines per day.. It would mean that the entire population would have 2 shots in 4 months. USA has  five times the population and won't be able to administer 2.5 million per day over 4 months consistently. Thailand is very far from the 500k figure at the moment.

Secondly, the number of tourists visiting is not dependent on the number of vaccinated residents in the destination.  Removing quarantine, insurance requirements, opening restaurants, bars, hotels, beaches and attractions will bring the tourists. Giving people the confidence that the country won't lockdown again at the drop of a hat will bring tourists.