Tourism recovery: 13.8 million tourists will come to Thailand next year if 500K Thais are vaxxed daily

webfact

Interesting corolation between people vaccinated and tourist arrivals.  You have to wonder who makes this baloney up?

It's all about the money in Thailand.  It's worse than the corruption scale says it is.

11 hours ago, madmitch said:

At least these figures are lower than from various other sources, though I'm not sure the number of tourists will ncrease in proportion with the number of jabs given in Thailand.

They never seem to take into account the conditions in the source countries and the ability and desire of tourists to travel in the current circumstances.

Yes, like the UK and Thailand's Amber county declaration:

Red list: Hotel-quarantine for 10 days & pre-departure test, plus PCR test on day 2 and 8. Amber list: Home-quarantine for 10 days & pre-departure test, plus PCR test on day 2 and 8. "Test to release" option on day 5. Green list: Pre-departure test & PCR test on or before day 2.May 9, 2564 BE

China wants there people to travel domestically only.
image.png.ae0206a8fa1b291f9a14cdfb7cdbe1ba.png
https://news.sky.com › story › covid..

Yesterday you said, Walk in registration for foreigners would begin in a week or so! 

TODAY yet another flip flop, how many hundreds of flip flops can you do????

Now it's August AAGAIN!

You know all those tourists you're bragging about. Well forget that when they all learn about your RACISM! Because you are vaccinating Thais which is great, but us WHITE DEVILS can wait another 3 months and if we die in the meantime, who cares!?

13 hours ago, Caldera said:

Oh look, another tourist number prediction. I predict that it will be just as wrong as all the other predictions before.

on the upside, there are lots of numbers and %s.

great opportuity to pick next lotto winners

The topic of this post says it all: income from tourists trumps protecting the most vulnerable -elderly foreigners.  We've got to get this news out.  I wrote to Dr. John Campbell but haven't received a reply.  I wonder if the BBC would be willing to publicise this.

• Like 1

" putting their collective faith in large scale production of AstraZeneca by the locally based Siam BioScience company that is set to get going in earnest in June. "

Interesting definition of the word "Faith"

Reverence, maybe...... Worship, perhaps  Obeisance.. surely

• Like 1

19 hours ago, darksidedog said:

I somehow suspect this figure will not be reached.

Sure in can the 500k will be all done on one day and only one day then it will be posted on here as news and free health insurance for everybody taking the jab will be given. And you will starting talking with Chinese or <deleted>ting chillies 

Its just now meandering its way up and down office buildings.... delivery and messenger servives are transmitting the disease.

Factory workers are sharing it with each other..... 

Did any of these so called "Analysts" factor that its still spreading exponentislly?

Do they know Most People dont want chinese pharmaceuticals?  Much less our home msde concoctions? 

Will be lucky if by 2027 we make the .....whats the new buzz term?

Oh yes, Herd Immunity.

On 5/18/2021 at 9:36 AM, Caldera said:

Oh look, another tourist number prediction. I predict that it will be just as wrong as all the other predictions before.

How do they come up with such ridiculous and unbelievable numbers?  And then, why 13,8 million? Why not round it up or down to 13 or 14 million? 

2 hours ago, Anant72 said:

How do they come up with such ridiculous and unbelievable numbers?  And then, why 13,8 million? Why not round it up or down to 13 or 14 million? 

Because someone calculated it. Maybe. That was a joke.

• Haha 1

I will believe the number, next Spring in April, when the Winter stats will be actual numbers, plus the transit passengers

that passed through the Thai airports.  One thing I will not believe is the TAT and government forecast numbers.

Fantasy and reality are so far apart usually.  The same goes with the total people vaccinated by this coming December, 

will likely be less than the now forecast numbers as well.  

Geezer

• Like 1

On 5/18/2021 at 4:27 AM, darksidedog said:

I somehow suspect this figure will not be reached.

Wishes, wishes and nothing but wishes ...

In my younger days when I wished something my wise grandmother used to say - You can wish in one hand and shi* in the other - then you see which one got the most ... ????

On 5/18/2021 at 9:51 AM, sammieuk1 said:

They have millions registered will that do ????

It's the free cow a week raffle thats gonna be the turning point in Thailand's war on Covid and vaccine rollout ! This plan will spread nationwide, and supplies of cows will become a problem, but vaccine availability will be be surplus to requirements and even the free cows will come fully vaccinated. They will become Symbols of Victory over Covid , venerated and vaccinated , and milked meticulously along with foreign tourists.