Tourism recovery: 13.8 million tourists will come to Thailand next year if 500K Thais are vaxxed daily

webfact

1 hour ago, herfiehandbag said:

Not if: beaches and parks are closed at the whim of whoever fancies exercising authority, not if bars and restaurants are closed, or again likely to be closed at short notice, and not if there is the faintest whiff of quarantine in any shape or form, or the requirement to purchase "special insurance" or any other special provisions from selected companies!

Basically these people are completely out of touch with reality.
When these happy numbers fail to materialize and the public grasps that these people are spewing happy talk and not reality, there's going to be social upheaval especially if parks, beaches, and places where people historically have gone to have fun are continually opened then closed of the whim of a bureaucrat after a significant proportion of the population have had shots. The blame for continued economic devastation will be pointed right back at the government.  Make it extremely difficult for foreign tourist to enter Thailand than close entertainment venues and tourist attraction on a whim to force Thais to go and get a shot.  It's a recipe for an angry public demanding change.  Just what the government never wants. 

• Like 2

Who would have thought that simple Beegees melody would be so prophetic and could actually be a theme song.

Talk in everlasting words
And dedicate them all to me
And I will give you all my life
I'm here if you should call to me
You think that I don't even mean
A single word I say
It's only words and words are all I have
To take your heart away
You think that I don't even mean
A single word I say
To take your heart away
To take your heart away
To take your heart away
  • Confused 1

I hope somebody can post live link here from TAT crystal ball! Its much more easy coz seems to give different result every morning. So we all can watch live forecast from bright future!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Phuketshrew said:

These guys must be smoking some "Anutin green", the same stuff as the TAT guys ...

We only wish there that this medical stuff was the real green that everyone could enjoy. Even dimwit can't get that right.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, webfact said:

But if 300K jabs are delivered each day the figure would be 400,000 tourists in 2021 and 10 million next year.

it's unbelievable how they come up with stupidity, they barely do 2-3 k a day and expect to jump to 300k a day.... to their credit, they did use that magic word IF

• Like 1

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Thailand's vax rollout has been criticized for being slow so far.

I wouldn't say slow but more like extremely slow or non existent as the Czar and his cronies claimed to have everything under control and didn't prepare for it

3 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

Close everything for 4-5 month. Would not even bother with Phuket sandbox. Vaccinate everyone you can and then open up fully to all people. Any more than that and Thailand risks more economic doom and gloom. 

Anything less than that will be doom and gloom

The government's plan is however 300k daily, which might not be impossible, but that plan has already received some critical remarks by TV's expert-panel, so 500k might more likely be wishful thinking, according to the expert-panel's professional, and extremely qualified, opinion...????

• Sad 1

They should have saved their money on the projection and just used one of the online sites. Thinking that the number of vaccinated Thais is a causal factor in tourist travel to Thailand is just nutty.  It ignores all of the important factors such as availability and cost of flights.  The world situation as it relates to Covid infections.  The exchange rate of the baht.  Most importantly the continued requirement that incoming tourists have to sit in quarantine before beginning their holiday in Thailand. 

image.png.0f75078bedc0b0043c70a354bf9f3bfe.png

13 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

Todays Vaccine ration of 500,000 dose of Sinovac arrived from CCP this morning

When is tomorrows due ?

All where opened and sealed again and stamped "recipient refused to accept". Send back to sender and donated to Thigland.

• Haha 1