Post Your Ride

4 hours ago, pedro01 said:

You never had trouble handling it? It was always rumoured to only be good in a straight line

had capris for years never had a problem with bends,

get your speed correct before the bend, get the correct gear, get the apex and accelerate out of the bend foot hard down.

here'1217060288_allvehicles1.jpg.752b6e50a53a2bd4f5361e180437fd08.jpgs my fleet now

Edited by steve187
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, ballpoint said:

Amazing what can trigger memories.  When I was a kid my father's younger brother had one of them, also in black, and would often bring it to our farm, where we had a good workshop, to tinker with it.  I remember my father bending over the engine once and, forgetting about that wicked curve in the front of the bonnet, suddenly straightening up and cracking the back of his head against it.  Cue cursing from my father and howls of laughter from my uncle and I.   I must have been about 10 years old and hadn't remembered this for years till I saw your photo.  God knows what happened to the car since then, but my father and uncle are no longer with us, so every memory of them is a good one.

My first car was an Austin Metro. 

You could take the thing apart and put it back together again with nothing but an adjustable spanner.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, CharlieH said:

Something I enjoyed playing with........took an old beaten up Toyota and made this for the daughter.

FB_IMG_1618930670894.jpg

Very cool! I like the painted wheel wells. Do you have lights in them as well? How old is she? 

On 5/15/2021 at 9:30 AM, yeahbutif said:

What the speed limit in the hard shoulder .going the wrong way ?

18 hours ago, steve187 said:

the 2.8i was so fast i got where i was going before i left, i think good for about 125mph, 3.0 about 120mph,

during the 80's i drove lots of fast cars legally at very fast speeds one of the fastest was a vauxhall senator 132mph true speed.

I remember the Vauxhall senator at the time i had a Suzuki Gsxr and the police used to enjoy chasing us in those senators

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, pedro01 said:

My first car was an Austin Metro. 

You could take the thing apart and put it back together again with nothing but an adjustable spanner.

I had one as well needed a hammer as well if i remember 

• Haha 2

I've only ever owned one car, a 94 Honda Accord coupe, sold it before moving to Thailand.

It was a good car, easy to drive, good visibility, reliable, and owned it for 2 years and sold it for close to what I paid for it, think it was about 60k THB lol. Have looked at getting a car in Thailand, but no desire to drive in BKK so never pulled the trigger.

image.png.2f4c80bc3c2758e2a53b399b7d58abbc.png

Edited by MarleyMarl
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, pedro01 said:

Today's addition to the family - wife's new car.

z41.jpg

z42.jpg

z43.jpg

186508462_10159544214257456_5792804724166776040_n.jpg

Z44.jpg

The problem is, I have never ever seen a Thai or even foreigner driving in Thailand with the roof down.

I had a BMW640d Cabrio before moving. Would have loved to bring it over.

22 hours ago, CharlieH said:

Probably the most fun was this one, had a sticker in the back window "passion wagon, dont laugh your daughter could be inside"....lol

images (18) (2).jpeg

I can imagine you already with your "passion". Feet sticking out at the rear of the "wagon".

4 minutes ago, AlfHuy said:

The problem is, I have never ever seen a Thai or even foreigner driving in Thailand with the roof down.

I had a BMW640d Cabrio before moving. Would have loved to bring it over.

Well - we can't for 5 days as the windows have been tinted and they roll down with the roof.

But you will see me with the roof down on Sunday mornings and in the evenings, when the wife let's me borrow it ????

Also - on the school runs no doubt.

Right now it's a bit toasty in the middle of the day.

Edited by pedro01

52 minutes ago, Neilly said:

Last car I owned in UK before moving here...a grey import (from Japan) Toyota Supra Twin Turbo

Toy 1.jpg

Understand.

Grey import.

If it was red, it was a red import.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, AlfHuy said:

My first one was an Opel Kadett GT/E

What a machine.

Haven't taken any photo (stupid me).

Was all white.

BDD6E85A-95FC-409D-ACB2-EACABF478417_4_5005_c.jpeg

My sisters boyfriend has one in green - that was a beauty.

Remember the Opal Mantra? That was noice.

Edited by pedro01
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, pedro01 said:

Mine is in the shop right now as I sort of reversed it into a wall and decided to have a carbon fiber rear diffuser and a few other pimpcessories. Nothing major.

AMG4.jpg.b223af37ea9d199164d0c229b9e57fb0.jpgAMG1.jpg.9e6fd3c5596339418120a42000073736.jpgAMG2.jpg.7544537911e4befba73700a1452ca997.jpg

More refined than the wife's car and definitely more subtle.

Are you looking to adopt a son?

I'm on the market. Give me a call. Krub.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1