Is possible to get marriage status certificate in a local amphur?

Mamertian

Hi,

I'm planning to get married soon with my thai girlfriend in Europe, and one of the papers we need implies travelling to her originary province, around 20 hours round trip from Bangkok.

Is there any way to avoid this trip and get the certificate locally? (i.e. registering in any Bangkok amphoe).

Thanks!

Thanks Ubonjoe!

And what about a certificate of being a single parent? We need to register her kids also, and I'm afraid it might be any problem with the birth certificates (as those certificates include the name of the father).

EDIT: Also, is there any "recommended" amphoe in Bangkok were they are used with these requests? She asked this morning in Sing Buri, and they told her to go to her local amphoe (and her amphoe did confirm, instead of telling her about computerized check).

Edited by Mamertian

Since she was not married to the father he is not the legal father of the children under Thai law. That means he has no legal rights as the father.

Sorry I can be of no help with which Amphoe/Khet would be best in Bangkok.

May I ask why you are wanting to get married in you home country?

Getting married here would be better in the long run if you plan on living here later and getting a extension of stay based upon marriage. It can be complicated since you would have to register your foreign marriage at a Amphoe.

• Like 2

Well, after some months living here, we've got to the conclusion that we could have better living standards in my home country. I love Thailand, but the mix between heat and linguistic isolation is not for me, as well as the almost mandatory social isolation due to COVID doesn't help.

I think I might asked here about the wrong paper... What we (suposedly) need is a marriage affidavit, and after asking in several amphoes, it seems we need to go to her province's amphoe with two witness and the signature of their local representative.

TBH I'm very confused, any help would be truly appreciated...

On 5/19/2021 at 7:18 PM, Mamertian said:

Well, after some months living here, we've got to the conclusion that we could have better living standards in my home country. I love Thailand, but the mix between heat and linguistic isolation is not for me, as well as the almost mandatory social isolation due to COVID doesn't help.

and her isolation.....did you think of that?

1 hour ago, AlexRRR said:

and her isolation.....did you think of that?

Sure. Bearing in mind that she already speaks english and is also learning my language, plus the general "openness" of my neighbors, I'm quite sure she will feel very good. The food is my biggest concern 555

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Mamertian said:

Sure. Bearing in mind that she already speaks english and is also learning my language, plus the general "openness" of my neighbors, I'm quite sure she will feel very good. The food is my biggest concern 555

Your living in a dream......Thais dont mix well.....she will feel out of place for sure, been there done that so i have a good idea what im talking about....most likely she will radiate too her own kind in your country and these girls will word her up on the situation depending on her and the type she is so good luck and your going to need it.....

• Confused 1

17 hours ago, AlexRRR said:

Your living in a dream......Thais dont mix well.....she will feel out of place for sure, been there done that so i have a good idea what im talking about....most likely she will radiate too her own kind in your country and these girls will word her up on the situation depending on her and the type she is so good luck and your going to need it.....

BS.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, AlexRRR said:

You cannot stereotype people, my wife lived with me for 9 years in Oz, loved every minute of it, was house bound, met a few Thai girls and I would drop her off to their place for lunch once in a blue moon or she would have them over once in a blue moon, all locals, not to far from us, but she was content just talking to them on the phone every now and again.

Been living here in Thailand almost 6 years and she doesn't mix with her own kind, she again is house bound, not that I restrict her at all, I actually encourage her, but she has always been this way, enjoys her mans company, and looking after her kids, plenty to do.

So what you have suggested is not the same in every person, I know lots of guys married to Thai's, same story, and there are some that can never find their wives when they want them.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Mamertian said:

The food is my biggest concern 555

We found a place which was just outside the city, about a 20 minute drive, they called it Thai town, about 4 streets of Thai shops and restaurants, there were also some places in the outer suburbs, be it Vietnamese with Thai mix and so on, I am sure you can find something similar if you look around, but make sure you lay the ground rules down, i.e. no cooking of smelly fish in the house, or enjoy gagging....lol

• Like 1