give my deposit back !

On 5/21/2021 at 7:08 PM, BenDeCosta said:

But surely, if you win the case, then they have to cover your legal fees? Maybe I am mistaken?

I've only rented once in Thailand, an apartment in Bangkok. I paid a deposit, lived there for 6 months then had to go back to the UK for work. I just took my stuff, left, gave the keys to my girlfriend who was living with me and said if you can get the deposit back then it's yours. Although I dumped her shortly afterwards because I was not very impressed with having a toaster thrown at me just because I came home late from the snooker club, so I still don't know if they returned the deposit.

A toaster at least she wasn’t serious 

• 1 month later...
On 5/21/2021 at 9:57 AM, snowgard said:

1. If you make a deposit, make a copy of the agent's ID-Card and take a receipt.
  2. If it give problems, open a case at the Consumer Protection Board. They handle it free for you and bring it if must to the court.

I went to the Consumer Protection Board last year. It is a shocked that only 3 officers were there. I can say I wasted my trip going there and a day and half talking about my complain, only to say they can't force the landlord if she's out of the country. What made me more angry was they didn't even type or put it on a database at least to show that you filed a complaint. So the next time you'll come over to follow up, you'll have to repeat yourself again. Good luck with that. 

• Sad 1