Chiang Mai long term stay renewal 20 May 2021 65,000 baht per month method

1 hour ago, earlinclaifornia said:

My BB said a week and my 12th deposit is scheduled for Wednesday. They said I best start on Friday

strange.  Just as last year, I went a day before I planned to go to immigration, they made a copy of my bank book and my passport and said for me to return the following day at 0830 when they opened and the documents would be ready.  I then updated my bank book and across from Immigration had them make copies of every page of the bank book (20 baht).  They were so that I was at immigration by 930 and out by 10.  Previously when I arrived after checking temp, just before the door into immigration they always said the TM7 was the wrong edition and so had to redo it then before going into the office.  This time I made copies of each tm7 I found on the webb sites.  At immigration, they send you off to the left with a canvas covered seating area where they check your documents to see that they are filled in correctly and you have all the proper forms - they give you the penalty for overstay notice, and one other doc to sign and then they give you a queue ticket.  Once you enter the immigration office, you go to the information window where they again check you documents and if okay they give you a different queue ticket.  On Thursday when I went they were doing #17/18 when I got #21 so the wait was short.  Was just as easy as last year.

A few years ago I caved even though I meet all the requirements for a retirement extension, no problem.  The first year I was using the 65,000 baht a month method and the visa agent got the documents from the bank.  The second year, I switched to 800,000 baht in the bank about four months before the application and the visa agent said this might be a "problem" that could be solved with 15,000 baht.  I said no way and I'd take it up with the U.S. Consulate.  Somehow it didn't come up when the visa agent and I went to Immigration.

Yes, I know I can do DIY and did for years, but now that my pension has kicked in and I've suffered insults from Immigration, I think the 5000 baht over and above the govt fees that I pay to a visa agent are worth it.  I'm in and out, don't have to look 'em in the eye.  Taken there in a nice car.  Don't break a sweat.

• Like 1