Foreigners in Thailand can register for vaccine from June 7

Over the last week or two the govt has been all over the map and done multiple flip-flops regarding registration/scheduling of jabs.   

Things like deciding not to make a registration app specifically for farangs, stopping new registrations on the Mor Phom (Doctors Ready) app used by Thai and some farangs with Pink ID cards, passing more authority to the provinces to establish their own jab registration/scheduling programs, setting up special on-site registration locations, now saying farangs can get jabs "now" along with Thais versus waiting for several more months for farang vaccinations to begin, etc....etc....etc.

I see this as the govt abandoning their earlier effort to "centrally" control" vaccination registration & scheduling  in order to maximize the number of people getting vaccinated.   I think they realized this centrally controlled method was failing in so many ways (but they can't say that....that would be a loss of face).   Especially failing in getting people to schedule a jabs in the BIG numbers the govt was hoping for.

So, they have now decided to decentralize the jab scheduling and open it up to everyone, Thai, expat, migrant worker....just everyone....and let the local authorities handle it.    Basically share the responsibility in getting the job done which will also result in the sharing of successes and failures in the getting the job done.

The central govt's main role will just be overall policy, procurement of jabs, and filling orders that the provinces make.   Actually getting people to show up at a vaccination location will be a local govt responsibility now and I think they will be happy to get anyone and everyone (Thai or others) to get a jab no matter how it was scheduled.   It will turn into meeting a monthly sales quota type affair.

55 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

Is that at a private hospital facility?

Certainly at our Government hospital appointments are only being considered for those 60 and above, or with certain medical issues. The wife although registered (under 60) has been told she will be in the next group to receive an appointment, probably sometime Oct/Nov.

Not sure of the hospital, or if it's a vax centre, but the registration for Thais 18-59 opened on Thursday or Friday. My office staff all registered, and have an appointment. I imagine it's a government run facility, but not necessarily a hospital. (It could be Bang Sue Grand Station, where they did a vaccination rollout recently.)

Edited by samtam

7 hours ago, Sheryl said:

Spent a full day of my life and forfeited quite a few brain cells in the process, to navigate the Mor Prom app (back when it was still allowing new registration) and get an appointment. June 8.

Today the local hospital issued an announcement that no need for appointment. First come first serve and come anytime from 7 June onward.  Not only is the appointment now unnecessary, it confers no advantage and I'll be having to wait in line behind people with much later appointment dates or who did nto register at all.

????

Mind you, could be just my province.

Probably queues will be risky, plus still a chance of farang not being allowed?

I think below 30 May 2021 TheThaiger article sums up the current state of vaccine registration (i.e., punt the ball, try again, etc).

https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/ddc-focus-vaccines-on-70-in-bangkok-before-provinces

Local vaccine registration for each province will be launched June 14 and residents can sign up for their vaccine via health volunteers, local hospitals, or through a mobile app. Each province has been tasked with developing a Covid-19 vaccine registration application independently to replace the national Mor Prom app that had been opened for vaccine appointment sign-ups at the beginning of the month.

• Thanks 1

For those of us in Chiang Mai, and registered with the Consulate, this came on 28 May:

Health Alert: Chiang Mai Provincial Government Announces Procedures for Non-Thai Citizens to Register their Requests for COVID-19 Vaccines (May 28, 2021)

On May 28, 2021 the Chiang Mai Governor and Chiang Mai Provincial Public Health Office announced that non-Thai citizens residing in Chiang Mai province can register their requests for COVID-19 vaccination online at https://www.cm-healthcare.net/CMCVR.

According to the announcement, data from the online form will be used to prepare a supply of vaccines for non-Thai citizens who want to be vaccinated in Chiang Mai. The announcement also states that guidelines for setting the appointment date, time, and location for vaccinations will be announced at a later date on the website of the Chiang Mai Provincial Office (www.chiangmai.go.th) and Chiang Mai Provincial Health Office (www.chiangmaihealth.go.th) as well as the Chiang Mai Provincial Public Health Office’s Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/Chiangmaidatacenter). 

The wife and I registered, and this is the reply we got:

You have successfully registration for covid-19 vaccine. The Chiang Mai covid-19 vaccine center will contact you for appointment date, time, and place as soon as possible.

On 5/24/2021 at 7:51 AM, Fromas said:

From "basic principles" there should be no problem. There is even a chance of enhanced protection. Studies are ongoing. Since much doubt remains at this moment, no healthcare professional will recommend this.

There are European guidelines for a mixed vaccine protocol, for example:

Finland

France

Norway

16 hours ago, Sheryl said:

Spent a full day of my life and forfeited quite a few brain cells in the process, to navigate the Mor Prom app (back when it was still allowing new registration) and get an appointment. June 8.

Today the local hospital issued an announcement that no need for appointment. First come first serve and come anytime from 7 June onward.  Not only is the appointment now unnecessary, it confers no advantage and I'll be having to wait in line behind people with much later appointment dates or who did nto register at all.

????

Mind you, could be just my province.

Me too regarding the hours and hours spent (frustration training) using the Mor Prom app.  Thank god I had a second mobile phone allowing me to use Google Translate to translate the Mor Prom menus real time on my primary mobile phone with the Mor Prom app installed.   

Yeap, using another phone to translate real time the text/menus on the other phone.   Maybe the Thai govt heard thru the grapevine I used that method and then they decided there was no need for an English language Mor Prom app.  I apologize to all if that's why the govt cancelled development of an English language app.   Then again, maybe everyone should thank me as I expect the English language app would have had all the problems the Thai language app had with extra problems thrown in.   Would have probably resulted in a ThaiVisa topic accumulating thousands of posts daily.

And regarding the appointment system in your province, that sounds like the Thai "default" appt system where even when the hospital gives you an appt for a certain day and time, when you show up on that day you still end-up in a queue using the "first come, first serve" method.....every one setting in queue area holding their queue ticket which doesn't appear it will be called for another couple hours.

Edited by Pib

5 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

Personally I think the first day of in-person registration on June 7 will be an absolute zoo, making queues you may have experienced in the past at the Imm Office seem like a "walk in the park"  I will probably wait a week before even trying to do it in-person, but more likely I will wait for private hospital vaccinations to begin (as early as August).

I have much more faith in getting vaccinated through a private hospital, especially since the Private Hospital Association is now in the actual process of procuring their first orders for Moderna through the Thai GPO.  An official announcement by the PHA regarding the actual quantity ordered and the specific date that vaccinations will begin is expected sometime this week.

You can get a better idea of what to expect from this news article:

At least one private hospital in the Pattaya area is now officially accepting registration for Covid vaccination.  Pattaya Memorial Hospital sent me a registration form which I submitted this morning, and they responded with a confirmation of receipt, both of which I am attaching.

While it only amounts to me being on a "waiting list" with no specific date of vaccination being provided, when I spoke on the phone with a hospital staff member, I was told that they expect the their rollout to being in August.

If you want to be put on their waiting list, all you need to do is submit an email to [email protected] and request that they reply with a registration form for you to fill out and return

ATTACHMENTS:

511445605_snapshot_2021-05-31at12_17_57PM.jpg.5e1f38a79af89878777311d799034f2c.jpg

1614195663_snapshot_2021-05-31at1_20_19PM.jpg.de85db264782a087fa5a28059b8ae9dd.jpg

I agree with you that June 7 will probably be a madhouse. While it might benefit people to be earlier on the list (who knows? We don't know the Chonburi priority rules as yet) you have to weigh that against the aggravation and infection risk of braving such a crowd. 

So I think you're wise to wait. I do recall this was mentioned on one of the official announcement videos where they gently suggesting that people avoid all going in on the same first day!

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

I agree with you that June 7 will probably be a madhouse. While it might benefit people to be earlier on the list (who knows? We don't know the Chonburi priority rules as yet) you have to weigh that against the aggravation and infection risk of braving such a crowd. 

So I think you're wise to wait. I do recall this was mentioned on one of the official announcement videos where they gently suggesting that people avoid all going in on the same first day!

Totally agree; I think there will be a significant risk to standing in a queue with strangers for hours on those first few days of open registration. 

I think officials must be cognizant of that as well, and I expect (hope) that the designated hospitals will announce online registration options in the next few days.  Here's keeping our fingers crossed they do "the right thing" !

• Like 2

Why so many people still talking about Mor Prom app?

As far as I know this app has been abandoned by the government immediately for Covid appointments, Thais and foreigners.

I am not in any risk group and tried to register in several other apps or websites.

All said I should try again around 5 or 6 June because the general public can get vaccination from June 7.

3 hours ago, CLW said:

Why so many people still talking about Mor Prom app?

As far as I know this app has been abandoned by the government immediately for Covid appointments, Thais and foreigners.

Some 6 million people made appointments through it before it was closed.

And according to government existing appointments will be honored.

16 hours ago, Sheryl said:

Some 6 million people made appointments through it before it was closed.

And according to government existing appointments will be honored.

I heard the CCSA spokesman say exactly the opposite; that foreigners who managed to sign up thru MorProm would not receive vaccinations in June.  He actually made a point of going into a bit of detail about that in a daily (English) briefing about a week ago.

5 hours ago, WaveHunter said:

I heard the CCSA spokesman say exactly the opposite; that foreigners who managed to sign up thru MorProm would not receive vaccinations in June.  He actually made a point of going into a bit of detail about that in a daily (English) briefing about a week ago.

Which day? I have never heard them acknowledge that there are foreigners with appointments made on that app. They seem to believe it was imposisble for foreigners to use it.

4 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

Which day? I have never heard them acknowledge that there are foreigners with appointments made on that app. They seem to believe it was imposisble for foreigners to use it.

It was possible if you had a Thai 13 digit ID number.

Yellow House Book, pink ID card.

It wouldn't recognise shorter digited Passport numbers.

Edited by Tanoshi

2 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

It was possible if you had a Thai 13 digit ID number.

Yes of course (and I did so) , but I have never heard CCSA indicate awareness of this.

I was replying to a post that said CCSA had specifically stated that foreigners who had seciued appointments through that app, would not ave their appointments honored. I don't think that is what was said. CCSA has consistently not appeared to understand that many foreigners have ID numbers and have been able to  use that app.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

Yes of course (and I did so) , but I have never heard CCSA indicate awareness of this.

I was replying to a post that said CCSA had specifically stated that foreigners who had seciued appointments through that app, would not ave their appointments honored. I don't think that is what was said. CCSA has consistently not appeared to understand that many foreigners have ID numbers and have been able to  use that app.

I can only add to that, my wife helped 2 friends register via the Mor Prom App and both received received an official appointment letter. Neither have been notified of change to those appointments.

I registered through the Poo Yai Baan just before the Mor Prom App was introduced.

I also have an official appointment letter for 15th June (2 weeks).

The neighbour is a nurse working in the vaccine department and tells me my appointment is still verified and I will receive the AstraZeneca jab.

I can PM you an edited version of my official appointment letter just for your observation if it helps.

Edited by Tanoshi

1 hour ago, Tanoshi said:

I can PM you an edited version of my official appointment letter just for your observation if it helps.

No need, I have one of my own and know what they look like.

Mine is 8 June ..though now the provincial hospital has announced people who meet the criteria (over 60/chronically ill) can come anytime between 7-11  June regardless of appointment date. I'll post the outcome.

6 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

Mine is 8 June ..though now the provincial hospital has announced people who meet the criteria (over 60/chronically ill) can come anytime between 7-11  June regardless of appointment date. I'll post the outcome.

In that case take a packed lunch, a cold drink, an umbrella and a fold up camping stool.

It could be a looooong wait.

Don't forget to practice social distancing (tip: develop a cough and sneeze frequently)    ????

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Sheryl said:

What province? I might just drop by, NOT!

19 hours ago, WaveHunter said:

What day?  I listen to the briefings daily and don't recall them saying such.  

18 hours ago, Sheryl said:

I guess we'll all know the answer on June 7, but I distinctly heard the CCSA deputy spokesman addressed this issue in no uncertain terms in a briefing about 2 weeks ago.  He made two distinct points:

1) The MorProm app had only been intended for Thai nationals, not foreigners.

2) Those foreigners who had managed to sign up with Pink Cards would not be receiving vaccinations in June.

He pretty much left it at that, not explaining whether those who had registered would remain registered, or need to re-register on June 7; only that they would not be receiving vaccinations in June.

47 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

I guess we'll all know the answer on June 7, but I distinctly heard the CCSA deputy spokesman addressed this issue in no uncertain terms in a briefing about 2 weeks ago.  He made two distinct points:

1) The MorProm app had only been intended for Thai nationals, not foreigners.

2) Those foreigners who had managed to sign up with Pink Cards would not be receiving vaccinations in June.

He pretty much left it at that, not explaining whether those who had registered would remain registered, or need to re-register on June 7; only that they would not be receiving vaccinations in June.

Again, whiuch day/

Like Pib I also listen to these regularly and did nto hear that - especially not #2

On 5/23/2021 at 9:11 PM, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

The only thing I've heard re the provinces is.... the vaccine registrations for foreigners will be done at hospitals on a list to be issued by each provincial governors.... of which, AFAIK, no one has seen any such lists as yet.

In Hua Hin, at least, the lists were published. It was at any facility belonging to the Hua Hin Hospital (the main hospital or any of their satellite clinics) Market Village and BlúPort shopping malls.

Hundreds of foreigners have already registered, including myself and several of my acquaintances.

We were all given first vaccination dates in July.

58 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

Again, whiuch day/

Like Pib I also listen to these regularly and did nto hear that - especially not #2

I wish I could remember the specific date but I can not, and there is no way to find it without replaying each briefing since they don't index them. 

All I can say is that you probably know that the deputy Spokesman who delivers these briefings, Natapanu Nopakun, is very well spoken in English and when he wants to clarify something is he very good at stating something in no uncertain terms, while at the same time, purposely avoiding a lot of details that end up creating more questions than answers IMO (which I find incredibly frustrating).

He made this announcement about the MorProm app at roughly the time when expats were totally freaking out about the inability to use MorProm unless you had a pink card, and thus accusing the government of bias.  He stressed those two points that I mentioned very clearly and concisely.

Up until very recently I thought these CCSA briefings were very credible, but now, with only five days to go before June 7 registration date, they still have not detailed many important facts, and I am beginning to wonder what the real mission of the CCSA is.

I mean, when I asked my doctor and also a hospital administrator at the hospital that hold my medical records about the June 7 registration date, they both were at a complete loss of what I was talking about, and did not even know what the CCSA was.  They could only advise that I check the hospital's home page daily for updates (for which there have been none so far.

I think that's pretty troubling.

Edited by WaveHunter
  • Like 1