More than 8,500 foreigners in Phuket registered to receive state vaccination

snoop1130

1621582409_1-org.jpg

The mass vaccination campaign continues at the Indoor Sports Stadium at Saphan Hin. Photo: PPHO

PHUKET: In just two days, more than 8,500 foreigners in Phuket have already registered to receive a state-provided COVID-19 vaccination, according to Phuket Tourist Association President Bhummikitti Raktaengam.

Mr Bhummikitti shared the information on his Facebook page last night (May 20).

Registration for all foreigners working in Phuket opened on Wednesday (May 19).

Full Story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/more-than-8-500-foreigners-in-phuket-registered-to-receive-state-vaccination-80077.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2021-05-21

29 minutes ago, WhiteBuffaloATM said:

tourist-related work permits .....

govt will keep coming up with endless narrow vax categories & priorities for foreigners......

waste of time...... “registration” means nothing....... waiting for private hospital vax notification......

No, not tourist related workpermits. "Registration for all foreigners working in Phuket opened on Wednesday (May 19)."

13 hours ago, zzzzz said:

ONLY those with wp's

What about those those living here married or retired?
What about the 50,000+++ legal migrant workers and the unknown numbers of illegal migrants?

Are only those farangs legally working at risk??

Unless Everyone gets the shot, its just pissing in the wind

Screenshot_20210521-155647_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20210521-155609_Facebook.jpg

Edited by Pattaya Spotter
  • Like 1

Phuket has only Sinovac available, at this moment, as far as I know.  And only foreigners with Non B and WP are eligible.  I have Non O and receive my WP in 2 weeks and will have to wait to July according to my school in Phuket. The school will require weekly PCR tests. I wonder who will have to pay for those.

Bottomline: thinking about retirement on Phuket?  You are a high risk group (age), and the last in line. Totally bizar.

Edited by SoilSpoil
  • Like 1

As always, one report comes out that conflicts with another.

At the moment: only foreigners with work permits can register but maybe others can register at a hospital with a passport, or maybe at a vaccination centre but the hospitals and vaccination centres appear to have as much idea as the foreigners as to what's going on.

And is it public hospitals (none of which have any records for me) or private hospitals which won't be offering free vaccinations, actually they don't know if and when they'll be offerering vaccines or which vaccines they'll have.

And what will be announced today or tomorrow?

Meantime, I believe the Phuket Orchid had vaccine (Sinovac) left over yesterday. I wonder what would have happened if a farang turned up for one of these spare shots? I'm over 60 so not the jab for me.

50 minutes ago, EricTh said:

Is there a breakdown of the foreigners in Thailand by nationality?

many here posting look at when they say " Foreigners" in Thailand as meaning , westerners .

where in realty the majority of Foreigners in Thailand are 

Indians &  Chinese 

8,563 foreigners had been registered, bringing the total number of people in Phuket .....

From information gathered by Thai officials and embassy and consular representatives in Phuket there are an estimated 11,000 foreigners currently on the island.

I dont believe these numbers.  ONLY  2,437 farnags are living here that aren't working??

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SoilSpoil said:

Phuket has only Sinovac available, at this moment, as far as I know.  And only foreigners with Non B and WP are eligible.  I have Non O and receive my WP in 2 weeks and will have to wait to July according to my school in Phuket. The school will require weekly PCR tests. I wonder who will have to pay for those.

Bottomline: thinking about retirement on Phuket?  You are a high risk group (age), and the last in line. Totally bizar.

At the moment WP required, but can also be on non-O or extension of stay.

• Like 2

perfect time to focus on and deport a certain criminal ethnic group clustered in Patong off nanai road ? and any other identified known foreign criminal groups. unfortunate gambling raid yesterday resulted in police death / injury....... these people are dangerous and deportable.....but useful for tea money ........

• Confused 1