Must better go to TH to extend non o retired or go later on 30Day tourist and apply new?

I have a non o retired Visa, yellow book, Pink ID card. My Visa Run out in October.

Just now I stay in Singapore and finish my job to end of this year. From next year I stop working in SG and go into real full retirement in Thailand.

I would like to extend the existing non o Visa and not to apply a non o a retired Visa.

This means I need to run through the 15 days TH jail, even full vaccinated.

If I go to TH, I can enter, but I don't know if I have to go through quarantine in SG again (which is ok, you can do normal online shopping to your Hotel for everything) and the struggle mit MOM to get the SG entry permit as employment pass holder.

On the other side, if I let the Visa run out, what will happen with my yellow book and pink ID card? It was hard enough to get them as single Man.

Can I go as normal tourist and apply in TH again for a non o directly after arrival?

As of now they want to open for vaccinated tourist from January without quarantine. I could also wait this three more month and save money.

What ist the difference between non o retired and non o a retired (especial for additional request like Thai Healt Insurance)

If there is no difference, then I can try to get from the Thai Embassy in SG. But do I have to run out afterwards every year to extend?

I have a private health Insurance from Germany wich have no of this typical Asia Insurance limits and of course it cover full the corona illnes,

not only 5 Million like typical other international Insurance. 

Please send your thoughts and corect Information

Thank You folks

1 hour ago, kingstonkid said:

Why can't you go to the Thai embassy in Singapore for a new Visa

@kingstonkid

I have actually a NON O Retired. This you can do only inside Thailand on the Immigration.

I guess I can therefore also only extend this inside Thailand.

Second, I do not have my necessary papers here in SG (Bankbook, Bank Confirmation about the 800k etc) This could handle with risk by post mail.

Third, can I extend a NON O A Retired in Thailand or do I have to make a border run to any Thai Embassy abroad every year?

I'm tired for traveling meanwhile.

Finally I would like to hold a NON O Retired.

The question is how much more afford is it if I go an apply next year for a new one or is it better to come to Thailand and extend as normal with this (peep) travel restrictions?

You buy VISA outside Thailand and you extend that permission to stay you get from that VISA here inside Thailand, that is being called EXTENSION OF STAY   and it is NOT a VISA

glegolo

Edited by glegolo

13 minutes ago, MayPutThai said:

I have actually a NON O Retired. This you can do only inside Thailand on the Immigration.

I guess I can therefore also only extend this inside Thailand.

A non-o visa only allows a 90 day entry that can be extended for one year based upon retirement.

Do you have a extension of stay with a valid re-entry permit. You can only do that extension in Thailand.

15 minutes ago, MayPutThai said:

Third, can I extend a NON O A Retired in Thailand or do I have to make a border run to any Thai Embassy abroad every year?

The one year entry a Non-OA visa can be extended at immigration here. It requires you have health insurance with 40k baht outpatient and 400k baht inpatient coverage.

6 minutes ago, glegolo said:

You buy VISA outside Thailand and you extend that permission to stay you get from that VISA here inside Thailand, that is being called EXTENSION OF STAY   and it is NOT a VISA

glegolo

@glegolo

You mean I can apply a NON O A Retired in SG, but extend this NON O A later after one year in Thailand?

I heard that I would need more papers and even this Thai health insurance to apply a NON O A Retired abroad in opposite to a NON O Retired at my local Immigration.

Further what will happen with my yellow book and pink ID card if I let run out my existing NON O retired?

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

A non-o visa only allows a 90 day entry that can be extended for one year based upon retirement.

Do you have a extension of stay with a valid re-entry permit. You can only do that extension in Thailand.

The one year entry a Non-OA visa can be extended at immigration here. It requires you have health insurance with 40k baht outpatient and 400k baht inpatient coverage.

Hi Ubonjoe

Thank You that make some things clear. Health Insurance is no problem because I have a much better one from Europe anyway.

What will happen with my yellow book and pink ID card if I go and make a new NON OA here in SG?

That took a lot of pain in my ... , you know

I'm a single man, no official regulary family relation.

For those it is more difficult to get the book/card.

8 hours ago, glegolo said:

Do you really have to go through with O-A??? Isn´t it better with a plain Non Immigrant O based on retirement???

glegolo

Hi glegolo,

I think you don't understand what I ask for.

Please read my first statement. There all my concerns and question are clear described.

BR

18 hours ago, MayPutThai said:

Hi Ubonjoe

Thank You that make some things clear. Health Insurance is no problem because I have a much better one from Europe anyway.

What will happen with my yellow book and pink ID card if I go and make a new NON OA here in SG?

That took a lot of pain in my ... , you know

I'm a single man, no official regulary family relation.

For those it is more difficult to get the book/card.

Health insurance that you have in Europe will probably not  meet initial O-A requirements and would definitely not permit extensions of stay under an OA visa.

You will have to buy another policy from a Thai company, at comparatively high cost for low value.

When exactly in October does your current extension of stay end? There is some possibility that requirement for quarantine and COE will be dropped in October though far from sure.

If I were you and assuming no pressing need to return to Thailand for other reasons I'd wait till October and then depending on the situation then, either return normally or let the current permission expire and re-enter on new TR visa later.