Thai woman caught with 17 million baht in fake dollars in brown envelope at Bangkok mall

webfact

2 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Nonsense, legal tender is legal tender, anyone who has them can exchange them.   The S$10,000 note was not originally issued just for governmental transactions, it was available and in circulation.

Nonsense from you Louie:

Is the S$10,000 note usable in Singapore?

Short answer - YES

Slightly longer answer - YES… its legal tender. But IIRC, you will no longer be able to exchange $10k or even the $1K note at the Bank nowa

days… the biggest note you could get is the $100 Note… heard its due to combat money laundering…

From Quora

Edited by hanuman2543

4 hours ago, hanuman2543 said:
7 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Nonsense, legal tender is legal tender, anyone who has them can exchange them.   The S$10,000 note was not originally issued just for governmental transactions, it was available and in circulation.

Nonsense from you Louie:

Is the S$10,000 note usable in Singapore?

Short answer - YES

Slightly longer answer - YES… its legal tender. But IIRC, you will no longer be able to exchange $10k or even the $1K note at the Bank nowa

days… the biggest note you could get is the $100 Note… heard its due to combat money laundering…

No, the nonsense about what I said is from you.  I did not say that it wasn't usable in Singapore, I said that it is legal tender and always has been.

Any legal tender note can be exchanged, that's the point of it being legal tender.

Just because they are not issued now and are being withdrawn from circulation does not mean that they cannot be exchanged.