Installing Panoramic Roof

Hi all,

I am about to purchase my first car, although I am not exactly young.
It will be an Isuzu MUX. Please send your congratulations ????.

My question for you all is.... do you know a good, super reliable shop where I can install a panoramic sunroof? (BKK-Chonburi area)

It is a brand new car, I have never even seen it myself, so I want to do a good job and I don't want to go to the local shop down the road, I'd like a proper expert shop that does this sort of stuff in a safe and professional manner.

I expect some fire back on insurance issues, on the viability of the idea and on the safety of an after market panoramic roof. I will read them carefully but please try to focus on my question above, which is not 'whether' to install one or not, but 'where' I can get the job done.

Thanks in advance, your help is much appreciated.

straydog.

2d0dc55a-7659-4011-b366-00ac02d06e65.jpeg

• Haha 2

Our Mu-X has a rear, roof mounted entertainment screen, could prove problematic.

There's a reason most cars here don't have sun (or moon) roofs, they let the sun in and make the interior hot.

Nice car in general, hope you have the 3 litre, we test-drove the 1.8, gutless beast ????

It's a real shame there's no BEV or PHEV available.

3 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Our Mu-X has a rear, roof mounted entertainment screen, could prove problematic.

There's a reason most cars here don't have sun (or moon) roofs, they let the sun in and make the interior hot.

Nice car in general, hope you have the 3 litre, we test-drove the 1.8, gutless beast ????

Thanks, Yes I went for the Ultimate 3.0 4WD. 
Could you by any chance recommend a good source for accessories and customisation? 

Thanks!

9 minutes ago, Crossy said:

This is a pic of the interior, doesn't look like there is a screen. ????

Maybe a different model.

1622114954185.jpg

1 minute ago, canerandagio said:

Maybe a different model.

Ours is the earlier model, the new one may have seat-back screens.

• Like 1

The dealer should be the most proficient and responsible for any extra... 

looks very nice - - I am not sure what makes a sunroof panoramic but Crossy is right about the heat.. you don't see many convertibles around either... 

1 hour ago, canerandagio said:

Maybe a different model.

1622114954185.jpg

You may have problems fitting a panoramic roof because of the lighting and aircon ducting/outlets in the headliner.

• Like 1

As, other's said. Don't do it for the mentioned reasons. Also structural ridgidity in the even of a rollover accident. Unless it was perfectly done, it would eventually leak and possibly rust along the edges. I think I'd rather spend money on nich wheels and suspension upgrades, etc. Other vehicles that come with moonroofs would have been a better idea if that was your thing. I think the ford everest has one. 

• Like 1

Avoiding aftermarket panoramic roof is a wise decision.  If you have not already committed to the MUX, you could always look at a Ford Everest.  Similar type of vehicle with an OEM panoramic roof.