Court orders lottery office to pay ฿1.65 bn compensation for failed online lottery project

snoop1130

000_1PW60E.jpg

TOPSHOT – A man wearing a facemask, amid concerns over the spread of the COVID-19 coronavirus, sells lottery tickets in Bangkok on March 15, 2020. (Photo by Mladen ANTONOV / AFP)

Thailand’s over-a-decade long online lottery saga, pitting Loxley Public Company against the Government Lottery Office (GLO), came to an end today when the Supreme Administrative Court ordered the GLO to pay Loxley 1.65 billion baht in compensation for the failed project.

The compensation is divided into 1.04 billion baht in damages and the rest to cover expenses incurred to maintain the lottery machines until the GLO fulfils its obligations under the contract.

On June 28th, 2018, the Administrative Court ordered the GLO to pay Loxley 945 million baht in compensation, plus 7.5% annual interest, for the delay in the implementation of the online lottery project. The company, however, appealed the verdict to the Supreme Administrative Court.

Full Story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/court-orders-lottery-office-to-pay-฿1-65-bn-compensation-for-failed-online-lottery-project/

Logo-top-.png

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2021-05-27

• Like 1

i don't get this at all...

711 has a machine.  20 baht.  get one number.  leave.   prize minimum whatever....maximum depends on how many people play.   711 has the money, manpower, convivence, etc.....pick your numbers...fine.  use this paper.  scan, print, out.    

or....10 million people coming up to me at dinner ....  hahahaha.

online.... no.       that's a scam.   711.    done.   easy.   

now pay me 1 billion 

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

10 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The compensation is divided into 1.04 billion baht in damages and the rest to cover expenses incurred to maintain the lottery machines until the GLO fulfils its obligations under the contract.

What lottery machines ? ????

11 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Thailand’s over-a-decade long online lottery saga, pitting Loxley Public Company against the Government Lottery Office (GLO), came to an end today when the Supreme Administrative Court ordered the GLO to pay Loxley 1.65 billion baht in compensation for the failed project.

Can Thailand never get anything right from the start?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Agree with Phuketboy above.  Thai lottery is a scam.  Only Hi-sos win (an occasional peasant);  numbers printed in advance; drawn in secret; winnings shared.  Uk lottery pays out 30+ million baht each WEEK on tickets costing less than Thai tickets AND you get to choose your own numbers.

17 hours ago, PETERTHEEATER said:

The Thai National Lottery weekly draw is televised live.......

The black underground (????) lottery run all over the country turns over more money.

Live TV draw can easily be simulated once the winners have been agreed upon.  I have no proof, it is merely my suspicion based on the fact that NO area of Thai society is uncorrupted and ALL sectors are run by High Society for their own benefit.