Today at Chaengwattana

Yesterday and today, I went to Chaengwattana to legalize documents I noticed two young Thai people on the 2nd floor (man, woman) who call themselves "special service"; they are standing in front of the counters which receive visitors (there, it's official, the employees are seated behind the glass and inform people) ;

in fact these two young people, for 300 baht, stamp the documents that we come to have stamped on the 3rd floor, for 2 times cheaper , and they send them to people by post

I saw on the screens on the 3rd floor that there are two tariffs; the "normal (pokati) and the express (douan ); for us, who come without knowing, it is the express service (400 baht the document), and we have the document legalized around noon

so, are the 200 baht stamps genuine? probably true, because they are there in the middle of everyone, the security guards see them and say nothing;  if it is legal, why do they not have an office with a seat like the others, and why it is not openly indicated "normal service" and "fast service" (200 baht and 400 baht per document)?

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, unblocktheplanet said:

When you say, 'legalize the documents', what docs are you talking about? I don't recall IO requiring any docs to be 'legalized'. Please explain. (Sounds likw great service though!)

He was at the Department of Consular Affairs of the MFA at Chaeng Wattana not immigration.

• Like 1