I would appreciate if you guys could educate me on the use of Agents?

3 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Only that a neighbour said that he paid an agent to obtain a drivers licence for him. He really had no reason to lie, so I assume it must be possible when knowing how things work in Thailand.

Interesting. I am not now in Thailand and mine has expired. I need to renew it so I can use it in the USA before I return to Thailand.

• Confused 2

6 hours ago, CharlieH said:

No, and that "could" be a problem if you use an immigration office outside your province of residence via an agent.

No problems I use an agent in Udon I live Korat and now using Pattaya, don’t worry agents got you covered 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, bikerlou47 said:

My girl just called the Khorat office and for 20,000 I just need the 800,000 on my renewal date..it really does not help that much as I will still need the 800,000 each year even if only for one day.

20k directly to the IO? Doesn't this look a bit steep? The agent fee probably would be more then.

If you have expat friends running businesses with WP ask them to talk to their accountants,  they may know reputable agents there if they exist.

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Toscano said:

I recommend having an agent , but be sure to have a well established agent .

At a cost of up to Bt20,000 a good agent will take care of everything ,800k included .

Can you recommend one specifically? Would be much appreciated. 

Any info by pm please.

8 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

When using an agent most often your extension is not obtained in that province.

The main issue with that is 90 day reports. You can either do a TM30 or have agent do 90 day reports (added cost)

Those agents that do that are on dodgy ground. In Pattaya an in Province extension is easily obtainable from the many agents from about 12k

14 minutes ago, jimn said:

Absolute nonsense. Those agents that do that are on dodgy ground. In Pattaya an in Province extension is easily obtainable from the many agents from about 12k

KeyVisa to name one agent in Pattaya do the retirement extensions and use KK imm office. 

I'm not aware of one agent in for example Bangkok that obtains extension at CW.

Think your confused with standard assistance from an agent where client has correct financials etc with agent assisted extensions where client does not have the financials

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

KeyVisa to name one agent in Pattaya do the retirement extensions and use KK imm office. 

The one I use is 13k, signed for in Jomtien. Cambodia Travel on Soi Baukau is the same. Why would anyone want an extension out of province, it ties you to that agent.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CM Dad said:

I began using an agent two years ago.  I pay a total of 8,900 baht per year for my one-year extension and all four 90-day reports. Prior to using an agent, I did everything myself.  Using an agent is much easier and stress-free.

Just to be clear.....you have Thai bank account and maintain either money in bank or monthly income. The agent just does all the leg work etc

• Like 1