I would appreciate if you guys could educate me on the use of Agents?

4 minutes ago, bikerlou47 said:

Are Agents used in every immigration office?

No, and that "could" be a problem if you use an immigration office outside your province of residence via an agent.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, bikerlou47 said:

I am in Khorat

When using an agent most often your extension is not obtained in that province.

The main issue with that is 90 day reports. You can either do a TM30 or have agent do 90 day reports (added cost)

4 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

When using an agent most often your extension is not obtained in that province.

The main issue with that is 90 day reports. You can either do a TM30 or have agent do 90 day reports (added cost)

I have heard that some do a package deal of extension and 90 day reports included for around 12k. Perhaps someone could confirm ?

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

I have heard that some do a package deal of extension and 90 day reports included for around 12k. Perhaps someone could confirm ?

That is correct however it can cost more.

For extension together with 90 day reports think it might be few K up from that. 

As I have mentioned previously anyone who uses an agent should select a well known company. There are independent operators and they would be cheaper, however less security.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, bikerlou47 said:

I appreciate some of your responses but my question pertains to the use of agents, I am well aware of other alternatives..thanks any way

OP, be aware that the well known agencies often have a Facebook page where you can ask questions directly.

• Confused 1

My girl just called the Khorat office and for 20,000 I just need the 800,000 on my renewal date..it really does not help that much as I will still need the 800,000 each year even if only for one day.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, condobrit001 said:

Agents allow you to circumvent the law by taking a commission from you and passing the balance in the requisite brown envelope to immigration.

I believe the same service can be had for obtaining a drivers licence.

• Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, toolpush said:

Can you elaborate?

Only that a neighbour said that he paid an agent to obtain a drivers licence for him. He really had no reason to lie, so I assume it must be possible when knowing how things work in Thailand.

Edited by giddyup
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1