Pattaya: Two pub owners fall for man claiming to be "deputy chief of police" in Covid cases

webfact

10 hours ago, ChrisKC said:

Which station are you from. I will pay there!

And I will need a receipt.

Is that what you say when you are stopped for speeding..??    or do you just pay the 200 instead of the full fine......easy to say that now

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, colinneil said:

How bloody stupid can you get?

Transferring money without out first checking, but hey just shows how gullible some folk are.

You'd have to atleast ask for a picture of their police ID card and a pic of the policeman holding up the days newspaper showing the date.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:

Is that what you say when you are stopped for speeding..??    or do you just pay the 200 instead of the full fine......easy to say that now

13 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:

I think you will find that intelligent people's attitude would be different when deciding between arguing the toss about B200 and the B40,000 and B90,000 demanded in the case of the OP.

I don't do speeding so that comparison doesn't apply to me!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, ChrisKC said:

I don't do speeding so that comparison doesn't apply to me!

Of course you don't, nor do any of us--and yes you would know exactly what to do in that other situation................DUH....????

2 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Perhaps the real police can now 'negotiate' them out of trouble for admitting they tried to bribe a police officer.

If it wasn't a real police officer on the phone he couldn't be charged with trying to bribe a police officer!

Just as likely the payoffs went to the real BIB, and now they're just trying to distance themselves from it.

Like others have suggested...  If the money was transferred, there's an audit trail.  Even better than CCTV.

16 hours ago, ChrisKC said:

If it were me as the bar owner:

I would demand there was CCTV

Show me your ID

Which station are you from. I will pay there!

And I will need a receipt.

You have obviously never had to deal with Pattaya police or owned a bar in the city.

The ideas you put forward in dealing with them is ' NOT HOW IT WORKS '

2 hours ago, impulse said:

Just as likely the payoffs went to the real BIB, and now they're just trying to distance themselves from it.

Like others have suggested...  If the money was transferred, there's an audit trail.  Even better than CCTV.

You are not suggesting a ' rogue ' policeman , are you?

6 hours ago, sanuk711 said:

Yep,

They are all brave in front of a keyboard instead of stood in the cop shop or by the side of the road with these lot alone at 2am in the morning!

• Thanks 1