Phuket foreigners to get leftover Sinovac

webfact

I don't think so. 

I can't bring my self to vaccinate against a virus with a 99.7% survival rate. 

It makes no sense to me so I'll take my chances with boogeyman covid. 

I'm tired of hearing anti vaxxer nonsense. I'm anti experiments. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, hansgruber said:

I don't think so. 

That's perfectly fine if you plan on dying before international travel. Doesn't mean it's right but it's just the way it is 

• Like 1

Just now, madmen said:

That's perfectly fine if you plan on dying before international travel. Doesn't mean it's right but it's just the way it is 

I don't plan on going anywhere. I haven't left the island in 15 years and it will be most likely another 15 if covid doesn't kill me. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

Both have now been approved by the WHO.  The vaccines are as safe as any of the others.  And in the end, we're all going to need a jab, and probably a booster within a year.

Do you actually still believe anything that WHO say?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

If you're getting what the Thais don't want you know you're really in trouble

IF you want a safe vaccine.. then you need to pay money at a private hospital and  you might wait a little too

Thai expectation is that farangs living in thailand have money to spend on liquor food and girls.. that is why they are in Thailand.    so how much a dent will it make to the farang budget  to pay  Bht 3k  for the vaccines.

go for it and spend your money and your will be safe

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, sungod said:

With nothing else available it seems, I would imagine the chance of catching Covid and the possibility of severe illness or even death I suppose?

care to give us the odds on catching and being seriously ill or dying from the Covid, here in Thailand ?

Then lets compare them dying on the toilet, dying while travelling to the shops, or dying from heart attack ?

9 minutes ago, the green light said:

IF you want a safe vaccine.. then you need to pay money at a private hospital and  you might wait a little too

Thai expectation is that farangs living in thailand have money to spend on liquor food and girls.. that is why they are in Thailand.    so how much a dent will it make to the farang budget  to pay  Bht 3k  for the vaccines.

go for it and spend your money and your will be safe

You mean spend it on the food, liquor and girls,? . Probably more chance of dying doing this than dying from the Covid ?

18 minutes ago, the green light said:

so how much a dent will it make to the farang budget  to pay  Bht 3k  for the vaccines.

Probably no a lot.  However, there's the moral issue:  why should someone living here and paying taxes (and probably a lot more tax than many Thai people) have to pay a single baht?

In short, the Thai authorities' attitude is stinkingly racist.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Joinaman said:

care to give us the odds on catching and being seriously ill or dying from the Covid, here in Thailand ?

Then lets compare them dying on the toilet, dying while travelling to the shops, or dying from heart attack ?

I guess it went over your head then.........

1 hour ago, Oxx said:

Probably no a lot.  However, there's the moral issue:  why should someone living here and paying taxes (and probably a lot more tax than many Thai people) have to pay a single baht?

In short, the Thai authorities' attitude is stinkingly racist.

the vaccine is free for farangs - a few my friends will get their _free_ vaccine tomorrow, they were in a queue for a bit more than one week.

But if you want "another brand" you'll have to pay (I choose "another brand" BTW :D )

16 hours ago, hansgruber said:

I don't think so. 

But you can bring yourself to get infected and pass it on.

• Like 1

On 6/2/2021 at 6:48 AM, Jeffr2 said:

Both have now been approved by the WHO.  The vaccines are as safe as any of the others.  And in the end, we're all going to need a jab, and probably a booster within a year.

But it's only China that approves WHO.

So, 'who' do you trust ?

• Sad 2

22 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

Surely, even if high risk, as foreigners can generally lay low a lot easier than Thais, it might be worth being extremely careful for a few moths and then getting the good stuff.

For some laying low might be difficult. My wife and 2 daughters have all had the jabs. I understand that even those that have been fully vaccinated can still transmit the virus. So without even venturing outside the house there’s still the possibility of contracting the darned Covid. 

oh well.

Has anyone managed to register or book an appointment? I registered several weeks ago using my pink refugee card but to book an appointment they need my passport number, which is not found as I don't think I entered it when I registered. Tried using my pink ID on the Thai only tab and again it's not found, probably because I am not Thai. Now there is no registration tab for foreigners.

Also tried booking an appointment for my Thai son but the location to get the vaccine drop down list has nothing in it and no submit button is shown on the page? Phuket must win, doesn't seem to be the best designed web page, few teething issues.

Heading off to the local Amphur office to try and sort it out.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Bundooman said:

So, 'who' do you trust ?

Out of interest, if that were true why was Sinovac the last of the major vaccines (by some time) to get WHO emergency approval? Interesting strategy by China there, as this delay made it clear to everybody that it is the least effective in stopping the spread. Is Eric Cartman involved in this?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bundooman said:

So, 'who' do you trust ?

Do some research on how they did the approval....the WHO is far from perfect, but for sure aren't "owned" by China.

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Nonthaburi Boy said:

Out of interest, if that were true why was Sinovac the last of the major vaccines (by some time) to get WHO emergency approval? Interesting strategy by China there, as this delay made it clear to everybody that it is the least effective in stopping the spread. Is Eric Cartman involved in this?

There are around 200 vaccines currently under development and/or in trials now.  A few news ones should be out shortly.  And a few major players gave up.

1 hour ago, bloodyholly said:

For some laying low might be difficult. My wife and 2 daughters have all had the jabs. I understand that even those that have been fully vaccinated can still transmit the virus. So without even venturing outside the house there’s still the possibility of contracting the darned Covid. 

oh well.

Quite. My nephew and his wife in the north of Scotland both got covid after 2 shots of AZ. They had to self isolate but didn't get very ill.

1 hour ago, Nonthaburi Boy said:

The reason China was behind others in the WHO approval was because they didn't include any over 60s in the initial trials. Countries that approved Sinovac only did so for under 60s, including Thailand.

China had to prepare additional data to complete the WHO approval.