Wife needs to travel to Thailand to visit family

Velleman

We live in Europe, wife has been fully vaccinated with the moderna vaccine and needs to visit her family in Isaan for some important matters.

Does she still have to quarantine for 14-days in BKK before visiting isaan if she travels sometime in July?

Is there perhaps a way around it? This is all so confusing because the rules keep being changed.
I for one am not going to visit Thailand with any quarantine in place.

25 minutes ago, Velleman said:

We live in Europe, wife has been fully vaccinated with the moderna vaccine and needs to visit her family in Isaan for some important matters.

Does she still have to quarantine for 14-days in BKK before visiting isaan if she travels sometime in July?

Yes.

26 minutes ago, Velleman said:

Is there perhaps a way around it?

No.

27 minutes ago, Velleman said:

This is all so confusing because the rules keep being changed.

Only the period of quarantine changed. 14 to 7, back to 14.

28 minutes ago, Velleman said:

I for one am not going to visit Thailand with any quarantine in place.

Your Country doesn't have quarantine restrictions in place for visitors.

If they go ahead with the Phuket sandbox (supposedly in July), you can fly in through Phuket if you can find a direct flight... depending on where you are in Europe, you might want to check for SQ or EK connecting flights.   Then it's just hanging out in Phuket for 7 days if you're fully vaccinated before you can go to Issan or wherever.    I bet they don't go through with it, but who knows.

Well, they have changed it back to 14 days in Phuket so that idea is off the table.

Wife doesn't want to quarantine in a room for 15 days so the trip must wait until October when they will hopefully let fully vaccinated persons in without all the hassle.

Bunch of incompetent imbeciles.

Is it 14 days in quarantine?   The wording on that ThaiPBS announcement just says you have to stay at an approved hotel (and can presumably move about Phuket)?   Otherwise it's just the standard quarantine deal and not any kind of sandbox.   

On 6/2/2021 at 6:43 PM, Heng said:

If they go ahead with the Phuket sandbox (supposedly in July), you can fly in through Phuket if you can find a direct flight... depending on where you are in Europe, you might want to check for SQ or EK connecting flights.   Then it's just hanging out in Phuket for 7 days if you're fully vaccinated before you can go to Issan or wherever.    I bet they don't go through with it, but who knows.

Wrong. It's back to 14

5 hours ago, starky said:

If she has to visit for "important" matters why can't she do quarantine?

Apparently it's not important enough.  For me, it would have to be a life or death emergency to get me to voluntarily waste 14 days in a hotel jail.  I just can't comprehend people who quarantine to come to Thailand for anything less important than that.  

20 minutes ago, Phillip9 said:

Apparently it's not important enough.  For me, it would have to be a life or death emergency to get me to voluntarily waste 14 days in a hotel jail.  I just can't comprehend people who quarantine to come to Thailand for anything less important than that.  

Being fortunate enough to be retired here, with no great need to leave/re-enter Thailand, I agree that it would have to be a life or death situation to get me to travel. 

However, I guess some people are stuck outside Thailand and haven't seen their wife and kids for a while, or have a home/business here that needs to be maintained.

Plenty of people working abroad (oil & gas workers, for example) who would normally get home to their family in Thailand 6-12 times each year, are unable to get home.

Although I agree with the quarantine regulations I really empathise with those guys.