Pattaya beaches to reopen, without alcohol

snoop1130

Pattaya-Beach-5-1.jpg.d79912cebb707782fc700205b50ab226.jpg

Beaches in Chonburi, including Pattaya, have been given the greenlight to reopen with immediate effect.

Beachgoers can sit in small groups, rent deck chairs and umbrellas, eat, swim and exercise but large gatherings and drinking alcohol remains off limits.

The order to reopen beaches was signed off by Chonburi Governor Pakarathorn Thianchai on  Tuesday.

The news comes as Chonburi reported 29 new COVID-19 cases on Wednesday, its lowest number of reported cases in more than one month.

logo.thumb.jpg.58700f12f9218149b3e2f82126b72e4d.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-06-02

• Like 1

1 minute ago, champers said:

Good news and a small step back to a degree of normality. My only concern is whether the opening up attracts people from Bangkok and surrounding provinces and how that might affect infection rates.

I'm not sure we'd make the trip from Bangkok for a weekend at the beach, unless hotel swimming pools are open.  

• Confused 1

38 minutes ago, Joinaman said:

So what number is "small groups "?

and has anyone told the clever virus about not killing small groups, but can kill bigger ones ?

And its so clever it knows the difference between a beer and a coke, while sitting in groups, without masks, ?

Amazing

Lets see how this works out with the Thais on the beach , 

tomorrow is a holiday how many thais will BE dinking on the beaches ?????!!!!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, brewsterbudgen said:

I'm not sure we'd make the trip from Bangkok for a weekend at the beach, unless hotel swimming pools are open.  

I was thinking more about the day trippers who turn up in big numbers at weekends.

Didn't I read something like the opposite in another thread this morning from Chonburi governor? Maybe my brain takes damage from to much flip/flop ????

Seeing is believing. Waiting for videos/pictures tomorrow.

Booze and smoke: not my problem but I know that some will simply quit renting a deck chair and not even interested to walk the beach.

Friend in Jomtien (one km away) hasn't sat in a deck chair since ages.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, NE1 said:

So the Governor has okayed the opening , until somebody of high standing will close it in a couple of days time .

Who is of higher standing that can make this happen. I can only think of the CCSA. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Imagine getting all your pre-holiday documents done, your flights done, your tests and vaccines done, your quarantine done, and you get to the beach and you cannot have a beer. Stunning !

And after a nightly storm even the sand disappears

Once again, everyone is being tarred with the same brush...because of the small minority who have a beer or two then act like complete dorks - us resposible chaps are not permitted to do something we have been doing since way back when.

Beachgoers can sit in small groups, rent deck chairs and umbrellas, eat, swim and exercise but large gatherings and drinking alcohol remains off limits.

Sigh, so rather than allowing people to have a drink in the great outdoors where approximately zero people actually catch the virus, if people want to have a drink together they will go back to a small, unventilated condo and do it where the virus can easily spread.    If people are going to do something anyway (which they will), why not just allow them to do it in the safest way possible?   

• Like 1

15 hours ago, johng said:

The obsession with alcohol !     but its fine to drink  a Coke or orange juice on the beach  with your somtam - gai yarng

without a mask on ????   such a clever virus this one.

you can plaster yourself with alcohol to kill the virus

but you cannot get plastered with alcohol 

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, ronaldo0 said:

Take beer cooler to beach , coat lid in glue ,cover in sand , bury in sand ,drink beer , police come and see nothing ! ????????????

just tell them you brought your own sanitizer 

Maybe Pattaya just does not want people from Bangkok or anywhere to come and visit.

If that is the case  they may be very successful with their latest set of rules.

Chonburi, the Geriatric place of Thailand

Geezer

23 minutes ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

Maybe Pattaya just does not want people from Bangkok or anywhere to come and visit.

If that is the case  they may be very successful with their latest set of rules.

Chonburi, the Geriatric place of Thailand

Geezer

That's true if drinking is a key part of the visit.  I'm just looking to take my family to the beach for a day or weekend, to get away from being in our Bangkok condo, with parks, playgrounds and pools closed.  Alcohol is not really a factor.