Pattaya beaches to reopen, without alcohol

snoop1130

18 hours ago, connda said:

Without alcohol and without tourist as well. 

"Let's see.  Beach vacations where I can have a beer.

Phuket?  Nope
Pattaya? Nope
Cancun?  Yep
Colzumel? Yep
Shorter, cheaper flights from the US?  Yep. 

Bye bye sandbox Thailand.

Doubt its only beer you come to Thailand for

8 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Imagine getting all your pre-holiday documents done, your flights done, your tests and vaccines done, your quarantine done, and you get to the beach and you cannot have a beer. Stunning !

If you are so desperate to drink beer. You have other problems. 

What's wrong with fresh coconut. Coke zero, or similar. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

19 hours ago, connda said:

Without alcohol and without tourist as well. 

"Let's see.  Beach vacations where I can have a beer.

Phuket?  Nope
Pattaya? Nope
Cancun?  Yep
Colzumel? Yep
Shorter, cheaper flights from the US?  Yep. 

Bye bye sandbox Thailand.

babes with BMI lower than 18 ...

Cancun? nope

Colzumel? nope

• Haha 1

I am sat in a deck chair on Pattaya beach now with 14 others plus 3 staff; one group of 8 Thais sat together eating plenty but no booze that I can see. Just 2 falangs, me and one other, both with their better halves. I would estimate that well over 50% of deckchair operaters have not opened.

There are plenty of cars parked on both sides of Beach Road. There are some wandering vendors trying to earn a crust but far fewer than normal. No sign yet of the BIB or any other "officials".

It's a lovely clear and sunny day with a strong breeze blowing in from the sea. Make the most of it while you can.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Not about being desperate for beer, it's about having freedom of choice on your expensive holiday you flew 6000 miles for !

Fair enough. I'm a bit advantaged. Because I live permanently in Pattaya. I drink beer when bars are open, but not daily. 

I've saved lots of money during the knockdowns. Was great to have my usual swim at DOngtan beach today. 

OK, to be fair. 

Condominium swimming pools should be allowed to open without alcohol. 

I bet they won't. 

Beaches open to please the beach chair concessions. 

Makes you want to drink, seeing the beautiful swimming pool with barrier tape on these ridiculous hot days 

8 hours ago, Crusader said:

Once again, everyone is being tarred with the same brush...because of the small minority who have a beer or two then act like complete dorks - us resposible chaps are not permitted to do something we have been doing since way back when.

yup

but still waiting for someone to explain how being a dork, increases the chances of dying from the :deadly" virus. Does acting silly, singing or dancing make it more likely, while sitting quietly does not ?

If so how does this work ? Either the virus is already there, in which case anyone could catch it, or it is not, in which case nobody will catch it, beer or no beer

It wont be long before the beach is closed yet again.  It says beach is open but not large crowds or alcohol... well give an inch they take a mile.  Plenty crowds and alcohol on beach on the first day open.  People dont want the beach open or they would not be so quick to violate the law so blatantly. 

Edited by AquaThai
  • Sad 1

It's a bitlike the Uk law closing the pubs at 21.00.  Do they really think everyone will go home then.

No, they will want to carry on drinking with friends and getting more and more friendly as the evening  goes on.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, murraynz said:

Because the poster is not 5. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, champers said:

I am sat in a deck chair on Pattaya beach now with 14 others plus 3 staff; one group of 8 Thais sat together eating plenty but no booze that I can see. Just 2 falangs, me and one other, both with their better halves. I would estimate that well over 50% of deckchair operaters have not opened.

There are plenty of cars parked on both sides of Beach Road. There are some wandering vendors trying to earn a crust but far fewer than normal. No sign yet of the BIB or any other "officials".

It's a lovely clear and sunny day with a strong breeze blowing in from the sea. Make the most of it while you can.

Like an advert this, talk about 'painting a picture'..................I was almost there myself.........!!

3 hours ago, bojo said:

Like an advert this, talk about 'painting a picture'..................I was almost there  myself.........!!

Not painting a picture, more taking a snapshot. I am unclear as to what your issue is with my post.

20 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

OK, to be fair. 

Condominium swimming pools should be allowed to open without alcohol. 

I bet they won't. 

Beaches open to please the beach chair concessions. 

Makes you want to drink, seeing the beautiful swimming pool with barrier tape on these ridiculous hot days 

The beach concessions still have to pay their annual licence and monthly bills, even when shut.

Doubt they will be selling many drinks, as most Thais will bring their own.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, champers said:

Not painting a picture, more taking a snapshot. I am unclear as to what your issue is with my post.

To the contrary Champers, I enjoyed your post...hence 'I was almost there myself' like I was drifting off and the use of 'talk about'  is used when you want to exaggerate a meaning and 'like an advert' refers to how it sounds to me when I read it (your writing style is refreshing for this forum) and the 2 exlamation marks at the end, denote fun........................

• Thanks 1

On 6/3/2021 at 12:19 PM, murraynz said:

They don't seem to have done you much good. 

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Joinaman said:

yup

but still waiting for someone to explain how being a dork, increases the chances of dying from the :deadly" virus. Does acting silly, singing or dancing make it more likely, while sitting quietly does not ?

If so how does this work ? Either the virus is already there, in which case anyone could catch it, or it is not, in which case nobody will catch it, beer or no beer

It's been over a year now, and the same question has been asked and answered many, many times. If you still can't understand it,  then it's probably beyond your capability to grasp it.

2 hours ago, brucec64 said:

It's been over a year now, and the same question has been asked and answered many, many times. If you still can't understand it,  then it's probably beyond your capability to grasp it.

I'm guessing you cannot give a rational answer either  ?

Maybe I'm thinking logically, unlike many of the people on here who believe everything they read ? 

Care to show me where i can find these so called answers ?

5 hours ago, fulhamster said:

The beach concessions still have to pay their annual licence and monthly bills, even when shut.

Doubt they will be selling many drinks, as most Thais will bring their own.

As a Condominium owner I still have to pay my annual service fees. 

These fees are paid to the Juristic person for swimming pool maintenance etc. 

I guess the Thai government just does not trust the Thai adults, with their booze habits. They do not want the men to

drive their families to the beach from Bangkok, drink beer and Thai whiskey all day then drive back to the city half corked.

That would likely be the cause of even more accidents that the country is having already.  I guess by October when the hordes of International 

tourists start to arrive, the Thai government and TAT will be forced to allow alcohol to be served again, if they want any kind of

tourism this Autumn or Winter.

Geezer