UPDATE: Two Indian nationals with several years of overstay arrested in Chonburi immigration raids, more details around yesterday’s raids

snoop1130

13 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Might have meant extensions too!

You would need a dodgy agent and a bent IO to extend an expired extension as it would then be current extended expired extension!????

7 hours ago, Leaver said:

Extensions of expired visas, not going to work.  Need a new visa to eventually extend.    

Wrong.... Visas cannot be extended, just the Permissions of Stay. New visa not always required, I have not had one for about 15 years.

Edited by jacko45k

9 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Wrong.... Visas cannot be extended, just the Permissions of Stay. New visa not always required, I have not had one for about 15 years.

I use an agent, so have never bothered to look into it too much, but I was under the belief that if you let the extension expire, you have to start again with a visa.  

4 hours ago, Leaver said:

I use an agent, so have never bothered to look into it too much, but I was under the belief that if you let the extension expire, you have to start again with a visa.  

That is correct, or you could enter Visa Exempt and convert the Permit of Stay to that of a Non-Imm-O. An agent makes life simpler.