Jump to content

 Thai police can no longer benefit with "rewards" from CCTV traffic fines


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

To take away what appears to be a fairly legitimate source of income, (where they really have no ability to corrupt or influence), surely drives them more to the illegitimate ones!

I disagree if they stop someone they get money from it and the charge should be legitimate like most chargers are. Why would they get salary for something they did not do. Its all about motivating them to do some work (stop people who break the law)

  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, robblok said:

I disagree if they stop someone they get money from it and the charge should be legitimate like most chargers are. Why would they get salary for something they did not do. Its all about motivating them to do some work (stop people who break the law)

You are supporting the very reasons they are corrupt and despised.....they need to be isolated from the cash. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, robblok said:

So tell me how were you targeted and how did you lose your cash. I with a legal Thai DL and motorcycle have never been unfairly targeted neither in my car nor bike. 

I have been waved over selectively and accused of speeding. Once he accepted money to let me go, another I argued and he knew I knew  I was not speeding. Still, I agree it is better in modern times, follow the rules, helmet or belt on, have the Thai licence and mostly okay. They are still a bunch of corrupts and untrustworthy people though. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jacko45k said:

I have been waved over selectively and accused of speeding. Once he accepted money to let me go, another I argued and he knew I knew  I was not speeding. Still, I agree it is better in modern times, follow the rules, helmet or belt on, have the Thai licence and mostly okay. They are still a bunch of corrupts and untrustworthy people though. 

So once and waved through many times. I would not exactly call that really bad at all. Seems like you were exaggerating your point a bit as most of the time you had no problems with them.

 

Whenever i pull out my Thai DL and insurance paper i get quickly waved through. Never paid a fine for something i did not do. Pattaya might be different but two times is not much in my book. Unless you been here a year or so.

 

So even by your own account its not as bad as you first stated.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, robblok said:

So even by your own account its not as bad as you first stated.

And where is that?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just through my 3rd one in the bin for the past 2 months.

 

They never come looking for it, too lazy and neve recorded, so as long as my license and registration are valid, i.e. not cancelled for not paying fines, that's were they will keep going.

 

Cops here are too lazy and will remain that way, they have other revenue raising ways.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

And where is that?

You admit to being scammed just 1 time. I would not call that really bad. Unless you have lived here less then a year. Then again you could be someone who likes to moan and think that 1 time is a huge number.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, robblok said:

You admit to being scammed just 1 time. I would not call that really bad. Unless you have lived here less then a year. Then again you could be someone who likes to moan and think that 1 time is a huge number.

You ducked the question... where was I moaning and claiming it was 'REALLY BAD' You said that, I did not. Stop putting words in my mouth!

Edited by jacko45k
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jacko45k said:

You ducked the question... where was I moaning and claiming it was 'REALLY BAD' You said that, I did not. Stop putting words in my mouth!

I would call it really bad when you call someone despised. Maybe you should get those anger issues under control. Getting your panties in a twist over a 1 time fine that you dispute. Not sure how long you have been here but if more then one year then yea in my opinion your a moaner.

 

1 time in a whole year and then despising the police.. wow. Like you said most of the time no problems. Yet you despise them...

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think there should be a police programme where people could submit dashcam videos and pocket anywhere between 25% and 50% of the fine if any was applied.

I have some appalling examples of driving on my cam 😞

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, robblok said:

1 time in a whole year and then despising the police.. wow. Like you said most of the time no problems. Yet you despise them...

I did not say I despised them, you seem unable to read, relax, you are over heating.

Edited by jacko45k
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jacko45k said:

I did not say I despised them, you seem unable to read,

Maybe you should have put it differently to make it clear that others (according to you) despise them but that is not your opinion.

 

Anyway my whole point was not about separating them from the money. But the fact that i understand them getting part of fines they actually work for but not fines that are generated automatically. Yet you did not seem to get that. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, robblok said:

Maybe you should have put it differently to make it clear that others

If you want to misinterpret I can do little about it.... 

If you believe generally Thai police are not despised, well not an impression I get....  I have been here a while, and heard it often enough. You should see my Mrs go at them when wrongly accused. 

I don't think they should be involved with the setting or collection of fines at all.... but to remove this one source of income, where they are not in control, does not address the problems of underpay and police corruption.. likely exacerbates it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

If you want to misinterpret I can do little about it.... 

If you believe generally Thai police are not despised, well not an impression I get....  I have been here a while, and heard it often enough. You should see my Mrs go at them when wrongly accused. 

I don't think they should be involved with the setting or collection of fines at all.... but to remove this one source of income, where they are not in control, does not address the problems of underpay and police corruption.. likely exacerbates it. 

Like i said we live in different circles. Nobody likes the police but despicing them is a different story. I have always been treated fairly you have been living here for a long time and caught out 1 times. Hardly seems a lot. So I wonder what the problem is.

 

I think they can collect fines that is what police do and as long as you get a written receipt its all above book. I don't think its a problem they get a cut from legit fines that they have helped collect. I do see it as a problem if they get a cut for fines that are collected automatically. That is not an incentive and more incentive to buying positions to places where these automated systems workt he best. 

 

Maybe the police should get more money though i doubt that would solve the problem of corruption. Corruption is bad all over the place just paying them more will only make them feel more entitled. There should be more stuff based on merit then fixed income.

 

But at least your reasoning makes some sense not that i agree with it but it is at least a debatable view.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, webfact said:

Now this revenue stream has been cut off by an official directive to the Royal Thai Police by the Ministry of Finance.

Redirected to other people?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

I am sure they will just go out and find spots to stop people to get money. They are not just going to lie down and do nothing as their wages are a joke.

Another reason to stay in the comfort of the police booth

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, robblok said:

NO i am not but then again your from a different area that I am from. Where i lived the police never pulled fast ones. Only real infractions were targeted. They did not need to make anything up. Enough people without a helmet.


So tell me how were you targeted and how did you lose your cash. I with a legal Thai DL and motorcycle have never been unfairly targeted neither in my car nor bike. 

Well said, but, c'mon Robblok, you're making too much sense, that won't go down well and will just invite attacks from the irrational!    

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...