Tourism minister confirms: NO QUARANTINE in TEN provinces come October 1st

webfact

23 hours ago, The Cipher said:

Are you talking about the quarantine rules in the UK or in Thailand?

I would be flying back to Canada, so UK rules hopefully won't affect me too much. If you're referencing rules for returning to Thailand, then that could be an inconvenience.

I fully expect the Thai gov to change this policy 4-5 times before October though, and am taking anything they say this far out with a million grains of salt.

Quarantine in Thailand. Apparently Phuket's "no quarantine for tourists" is just that and only applies to tourists, not any other class of visa holder, whom will have to undergo quarantine, hence he is intending to return on the passport that doesn't have his retirement visa in, in the guise of a tourist. He made the wise choice, with the fear of the Indian strain the UK has accelerated the second dose, so he will be double dosed and back on a plane and Thailand will be able to count him as a sandbox tourist, who knows, as one of the few he may even be greeted with a bunch of flowers and a free massage, but I think that in Thailand there aren't going to be any happy endings for quite a while.